Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

Welcome to Houston CJ Stroud

Extrapolation over season:
331 yards avg x 17= 5331
17 Tds one INT
Sacks should theoretically drop tremendously, if he survives.

I would laugh but if projected oline gets healthy and JC continues to develop...
You need to check your numbers. He's averaging 313 a game and 1 TD, 0 int.

How about we wait until he has his starting line out there before saying that claim is true or not.

its nonsensical b/c most qbs “struggle” against pressure..& 2, 90% of the guys starting o-line is out.

all that being said, you expect this struggling to be more readily observable in his stat lines with ints and fumbles & it really hasn’t.

yes he’s fumbled twice but those strip sacks would 95% of the time happen to any guy standing behind our makeshift o-line where your tackles are getting beat so damn fast.

where he has to get better is with taking sacks…and from week 1 to week 2 you can see him making plays in that department that he didn’t in week 1. But I wouldn’t expect ANY significant improvement there until the o-line gets stabilized.

To be 100% clear you cant draw any final conclusions in two weeks. Not wven close. But we can compare an apple to an apple.

I am watching Bryce Young and he is struggling much more than CJ. And while his line isnt good either ita better than CJ’s makeshift line.

i had Bryce as the #1 QB and CJ a shade behind. And maybe thats how it will turn out. But if i was making a wager tonight on which of these guys will have the superior career, my chips would be squarely on CJ.

To be 100% clear you cant draw any final conclusions in two weeks. Not wven close. But we can compare an apple to an apple.

I am watching Bryce Young and he is struggling much more than CJ. And while his line isnt good either ita better than CJ’s makeshift line.

i had Bryce as the #1 QB and CJ a shade behind. And maybe thats how it will turn out. But if i was making a wager tonight on which of these guys will have the superior career, my chips would be squarely on CJ.

Kinda where I’m at. both guys look like they have it, Bryce looked like his reported Achilles heel (height) was an issue this game.
But he used his feet much more effectively than Stroud does in that he was a more willing runner.

You need to check your numbers. He's averaging 313 a game and 1 TD, 0 int.
Yeah got 31 and 13 backwards while talking on phone but was told today CJ had 2 INTs yesterday. I thought he had zero but this person seemed convincing as I did not watch the entire game. I did post yesterday after the game that he had 626 yards and no interceptions. That's what I get for listening to a neighbor.

Amazing stats anyway.

We all know he's damn lucky to not have an interception yet. I've seen a couple that should have been picked but the DB just dropped it. He'll get intercepted at some point, and that's no big deal.

Now if he goes three games without an interception, then ignore what I just said and keep drinking the koolaid.

I also watched Bryce Young play tonight, and I wasn’t impressed, and neither was the crowd. I saw Stroud complete multiple, multiple breaking strikes, while working behind a makeshift OL, while Young didn’t even attempt any.

And you want Slowick to dink and dunk, or you want Stroud to just stand there and take the sack?? I like that we got a kid that really wants to chunk the rock downfield. That’s his unique talent and strength.

And IMO, Stroud as shown to be more mature and pro-ready than advertised. He may be running around in the backfield to get away from the rush, but he doesn’t look intimidated at all.

Mills had Nico and Cooks…
Cooks quit on the team and Collins was hurt for a good portion of the year, as was Pierce and this doesn't even take into account the poor coaching he received.

Don't get me wrong I'm not advocating for Mills to be the QB, but even with this crappy ol Stroud has much more to work with than Mills had. There's a reason teams want to trade for Mills.

How about we wait until he has his starting line out there before saying that claim is true or not.

Better OL play won't magically make him perform better against pressure, it'll just reduce the amount of times he faces pressure - Maybe.

As it stands now, much like it did in the NCAA - he had a hard time under pressure.

The numbers bear that out - great in a clean pocket, not so good under pressure.

Cooks quit on the team and Collins was hurt for a good portion of the year, as was Pierce and this doesn't even take into account the poor coaching he received.

Don't get me wrong I'm not advocating for Mills to be the QB, but even with this crappy ol Stroud has much more to work with than Mills had. There's a reason teams want to trade for Mills.

really? Where’s this reported at? If true then nick should go right ahead and trade him

Better OL play won't magically make him perform better against pressure, it'll just reduce the amount of times he faces pressure - Maybe.

As it stands now, much like it did in the NCAA - he had a hard time under pressure.

The numbers bear that out - great in a clean pocket, not so good under pressure.
What number?

Do you have any QB seeing 40% plus pressure rate to compare?

What number?

Do you have any QB seeing 40% plus pressure rate to compare?

I know better than going down this rabbit hole .... but I'm going to do it anyway:

% pressure is irrelevant to this discussion.

The stat compared Stroud to "all other QB's" under the same parameters.

No pressure Stroud is #2 out of the group.

Under Pressure Stroud is #32 out of the group.

The splits were very similar in NCAA where he had the largest split between pressure and non pressure stats of any QB in division 1.

Stands to reason why opposing DC's gameplan for just that reason.

This is the NFL - He's going to see a substantial amount of pressure. If he is to succeed, he cannot be 32nd while under pressure no matter what the numbers are without pressure.

What I see is that CJ is under pressure so quickly. In under 2 seconds he's being hit. He has no chance to even set his feet to make a pass in many cases. It's not like he's taking hits due to coverage. He's taking hits almost immediately after getting the snap.

What I see is that CJ is under pressure so quickly. In under 2 seconds he's being hit. He has no chance to even set his feet to make a pass in many cases. It's not like he's taking hits due to coverage. He's taking hits almost immediately after getting the snap.
Exactly. But hey I’ll let them type of guys have it.

Back