Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Welcome back to Houston Tank Dell

It looks like at the 1:30 mark that Sauce missed the tackle on Tank.
No, it was the safety no. 3 that missed the tackle.
You can see the number clearly on the replay.

Sauce, no. 1, was the RCB.
He was the defender that finally chased Tank down and forced him to go out of bound.

Last edited:
Last edited:
No, it was the safety no. 3 that missed the tackle.
You can see the number clearly on the replay.

Sauce, no. 1, was the RCB.
He was the defender that finally chased Tank down and forced him to go out of bound.

My bad. I am watching on mobile.

What about the subsequent play? It looks like Sauce is on him gives up about 15 yard reception due to giving a cushion and getting faked out.

My bad. I am watching on mobile.

What about the subsequent play? It looks like Sauce is on him gives up about 15 yard reception due to giving a cushion and getting faked out.
Again, the replay shows the number very clearly. That was no. 7, not Sauce.

Dell is going to give nickel corners hell right off the bat.
His first step and ability to get quick separation are going to translate to the next level.
He can go from having a guy on his hip to seven yards of separation in the blink of an eye.
They're probably going to jam him a lot and try to be physical at the line. And it will work some.
But when it doesn't work? He's going to make that DB look foolish.

Dell is going to give nickel corners hell right off the bat.
His first step and ability to get quick separation are going to translate to the next level.
He can go from having a guy on his hip to seven yards of separation in the blink of an eye.
They're probably going to jam him a lot and try to be physical at the line. And it will work some.
But when it doesn't work? He's going to make that DB look foolish.

Hopefully they get creative. Stacked formations, motion, misdirection, jet sweeps, etc.

Dameon Pierce is about to benefit the most from this pick. Having an explosive WR will create lanes and we already know ol boy is a beast in the middle.
I hope you’re right. I hope Slowic finds ways to get the ball in his hands. A guy like that should be able to help generate space for everybody.

Lately it looks like we’re playing 7 against 11. The field looks small & crowded when we’re on offense.

When we’re on defense the field looks huge with so many gaps & lanes to be exploited

Lately it looks like we’re playing 7 against 11.
The Texans haven't had anyone that could beat man coverage, other than Cooks. Double Cooks and shut down the offense. Mills wasn't going to make any off schedule plays or extend plays.

Schultz, Metchie, and Dell are guys that can get open. The WCO can scheme guys open. The offense will look better. 21st in the league would be 10 spots higher than 2022. 21st is my over/under for the offense in 2023.

The Texans haven't had anyone that could beat man coverage, other than Cooks. Double Cooks and shut down the offense. Mills wasn't going to make any off schedule plays or extend plays.

Schultz, Metchie, and Dell are guys that can get open. The WCO can scheme guys open. The offense will look better. 21st in the league would be 10 spots higher than 2022. 21st is my over/under for the offense in 2023.
Damn. I keep forgetting we've got Schultz. Dude has 17 TD by himself the last 3 seasons. All Texans TEs combined the last 3 years have 20 TD.

This is why we drafted Dell and I think he has the ability to be a playmaker like Welker, Edelman, Amendola, Dell. Notice who is always around Belichick:
I like those comps. I kept wanting to say Tyreek Hill, knowing darn well he ain’t Tyreek Hill.

at the same time he ain’t Welker/Amendola either, but somewhere between them & the Cheetah

Last edited:
That's concerning if the rookie QB is calling the shots.

Having input, yes.

Calling the shots before he has even stepped out on an NFL field is a bit much IMO.

IF you chose him... sink or swim I suppose.

That's concerning if the rookie QB is calling the shots.

Having input, yes.

Calling the shots before he has even stepped out on an NFL field is a bit much IMO.

IF you chose him... sink or swim I suppose.
I don't think he called the shot... he made a suggestion. You know the media likes to play with facts and uses semantics where they can.
Right, I don’t think it went down the way Tank believes it did. But I understand how he would believe it did.

He connected with Stroud at the combine. When Stroud was drafted Tank hit him up & asked him to tell the Texans to draft him too.

I don’t know if CJ ever said, “draft Tank” I’ve never seen that report.

Caserio said he asked Stroud about what the players were hearing. That way he could determine if he needs to trade up or if he could trade down, or if the player might be undrafted.

Last edited:
Right, I don’t think he went down the way Tank believes it did. But I understand how he would believe it did.

He connected with Stroud at the combine. When Stroud was drafted Tank hit him up & asked him to tell the Texans to draft him too.

I don’t know if CJ ever said, “draft Tank” I’ve never seen that report.

Caserio said he asked Stroud about what the players were hearing. That way he could determine if he needs to trade up or if he could trade down, or if the player might be undrafted.

Agreed. The Texans met with Tank several times throughout the pre draft process. They did their homework on the player and thought he was a fit for this team.

It would be like if CJ said, “Draft Will Anderson” at 3. He’s a highly rated player that they have done their homework on. It doesn’t take a genius to come up with that idea.

I don't think he called the shot... he made a suggestion. You know the media likes to play with facts and uses semantics where they can.
Yes, but then I have seen the Texans do stranger things than this.

I just hope that this isn't an over correction of not giving QBs enough leeway to succeed. Im all for giving freedom to your team leaders.... either they can handle it or they cant. If they cant, you move on.... It may be a case of the media doing what they do.... however... this IS the Texans organization..... I wouldn't be shocked IF their new toy got to call the shots either.

Ultimately not my money nor my org..... but IF they are letting a rookie make big decisions this will be a very long season.

Corners will try to jam him or out physical him and punish him if he works in traffic (at least as much punishment as the modern NFL allows).

He can win on his quicks and shiftiness. That first cut looks wicked. Once he is free, it's Katy bar the door. If a corner locks on him, it's over for that play and that's the concern.

They need to get creative, especially with teams deploying larger, more physical corners. Shifts, stacks, end-arounds, jet sweeps, hell line him up at RB for all I care and leak him out that way. Used correctly, I think he can be a multi-functional weapon that is more than a simple gadget player, but they need to choose their spots. He's unlikely to be an every-down player at any point in his career, but that doesn't mean he can't be successful and make a big impact.

I'm here for it. Can't wait to see him in action. I trust Bobby and coach Day to find ways to get him involved.

Corners will try to jam him or out physical him and punish him if he works in traffic (at least as much punishment as the modern NFL allows).

He can win on his quicks and shiftiness. That first cut looks wicked. Once he is free, it's Katy bar the door. If a corner locks on him, it's over for that play and that's the concern.

They need to get creative, especially with teams deploying larger, more physical corners. Shifts, stacks, end-arounds, jet sweeps, hell line him up at RB for all I care and leak him out that way. Used correctly, I think he can be a multi-functional weapon that is more than a simple gadget player, but they need to choose their spots. He's unlikely to be an every-down player at any point in his career, but that doesn't mean he can't be successful and make a big impact.

I'm here for it. Can't wait to see him in action. I trust Bobby and coach Day to find ways to get him involved.

There was mention of running him in motion pre snap. Maybe they are thinking of getting the D off balance from where he was.

Back