Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Week 17 Texans @ 49ers

The Texans might not cross the 50 yards line. I see people have selected memory or flat out forgotten that we couldn’t cross the freaking 50 yard line.

I surely hope this isn’t the case and we actually play some competitive football all around. A win would be extra topping on the cake. I do predict us to win though.

D/ST scores?

Mills still has to show he can be competent on the road. His good games have been at home. Yes, beat the Jags on the road, but 19 of 30 for 209 with 2 TD and a INT is not balling out. This would be another nice step to see him take, especially against a strong defense

Jimmy Garoppolo won’t play Sunday, will need surgery after the season
January 2, 2022, 6:51 AM EST

The 49ers tried to create a sense of mystery as to the identity of their starting quarterback on Sunday against the Texans. The mystery is now conclusively resolved.Rookie Trey Lance gets the start. Oft-injured Jimmy Garoppolo won’t play, due to a ligament issue in his thumb. Multiple reports point to Lance getting an opportunity to finally show what he can do, after weeks of not doing anything.

Lance starts once, in Week Five. He served as the injury replacement for Garoppolo. Lance suffered a knee injury in the game, a 17-10 home loss. He last played in Week 11, running the ball three times for four yards in a 30-10 win over the Jaguars.

The 49ers reportedly are holding out hope that Garoppolo will return for Week 18 against the Rams. However, Ian Rapoport of NFL Media reports that Garoppolo eventually will need surgery to repair the thumb that was injured against the Titans during a Week 16 loss on the Thursday night before Christmas.

Although Garoppolo is expected to make a complete recovery (indeed, all surgical procedures performed on NFL players are deemed to be a complete success, until they aren’t), his health complicates the team’s plans for 2022. At times, he and the team performed well enough to spark talk of Garoppolo returning as the starter for the final year of his current contract, despite the huge draft-pick investment made to secure his inevitable replacement.

Nothing anatomically/mechanically will have changed for Garoppolo week 18.

Back