Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Week 11 Around the NFL…

No one.....same message I've been delivering. The closet could be Jordan Aikens and OJ Howard, but Pep avoids them like C-19.
That was my point in saying having a receiver you can count on is huge. Last night when Rodgers made that nice TD toss to the corner, announcers mentioned that when they talked to him that he said that it was important the receiver be there when he threw. Saying that he was usually throwing to a spot. I think that happens quite a bit- looking like QB and WR are not on the same page

That was my point in saying having a receiver you can count on is huge. Last night when Rodgers made that nice TD toss to the corner, announcers mentioned that when they talked to him that he said that it was important the receiver be there when he threw. Saying that he was usually throwing to a spot. I think that happens quite a bit- looking like QB and WR are not on the same page

Spot on. This is what Mills is missing this season…..Cooks of 2021. He doesn’t have that receiver this year and it has changed things on offense.

why do you think QB's around the league have regressed this year?
Some because of age, injuries,and other factors also contribute. Just like we've seen older guys regress, we've also witnessed younger guys get better like Tua and Hurts. Mahomes and Allen are still playing well as well as Lamar and Herbert. Burrough is out his slump somewhat also and Kirk freaking Collins is having an MVP year.

Reactions: JB
Just realized he’s a rookie from UH. :shocked

Cougars have another dynamo entering the 2023 NFL Draft in WR, Nathaniel Dell. He’s already at 94 catches for 1,193 yards and 14 TD’s with 1 more game left against Tulsa. His size could make him an easy late round pick. His production last season, 90 catches for 1,329 yards and 12 TD’s.

Some because of age, injuries,and other factors also contribute. Just like we've seen older guys regress, we've also witnessed younger guys get better like Tua and Hurts. Mahomes and Allen are still playing well as well as Lamar and Herbert. Burrough is out his slump somewhat also and Kirk freaking Collins is having an MVP year.
Did Rodgers all of the sudden just lose it, or did losing Adams have a lot to do with Rodgers struggles this season. That and the OL has been injured.

Did Rodgers all of the sudden just lose it, or did losing Adams have a lot to do with Rodgers struggles this season. That and the OL has been injured.
Rodgers has always been risk adverse and during his tenure, they've never had 2 wr's popping at the same time which is a bit strange. Normally, there was always someone ready to step in once the primary guy left. Think about it with Jennings then Nelson,then Adams, but none were going off together. GB has always been 1 player away ,especially on the veteran front. Add in the fact Rodgers is not a leader and you get the gumbo of failure.

I'm one who don't believe the narrative that losing a great WR1 and having the QB spread the ball around makes a better QB. Rodgers didn't just lose it. Similar to how Kubiak used Andre. Lafleur was using Adams to dictate coverage, move him around the formation and built the passing game around a dominant WR1. At least the Texans had Hopkins when Andre was released. Who does the Packers have to replace Adams? Cobb and Sammy Watkins who have both been injury prone?

The current Packers' WRs are fast, young, mistake prone and Rodgers can't trust them to always run the right route or even catch the ball. They are not on the same page. The timing of the passing game is off which makes Rodgers hold the ball longer and the injured OL to hold blocks longer.

Yes, Rodgers is a diva and could have spent more of the offseason working with these WRs. However, I blame Lafleur and Gutekunst for their mess. Once they traded Adams and didn't trade Rodgers, they should have done a better job upgrading their WR/TE groups. I guess that has been Rodgers' complaints for the last couple of years.

Did anyone catch comments from Charvarius Ward after he was matched up against DeAndre Hopkins? See below:

“D Hop, he thinks he’s a tough guy,” Ward said in an appearance on KNBR, via NBC Sports Bay Area. “He thinks he still one of the best receivers in the league and he’s really not. He was trying to talk noise and talk hard all game. We’re not scared of him. He thought we were scared of him. He tried to intimidate us, but forget him, we did our thing. We went out there and got a ‘dub’ and we did our job. He was just yip-yapping all game, but we don’t care about that. We just wanted to win.

“He was getting locked up. He was doing some dirty things. He tried to clip me, he grabbed me by the throat. He grabbed my facemask on one play, so I don’t respect his game. That’s steroid boy.”

49ers: Charvarius Ward: I don't respect 'steroid boy' DeAndre Hopkins' game (knbr.com)

Did anyone catch comments from Charvarius Ward after he was matched up against DeAndre Hopkins? See below:

“D Hop, he thinks he’s a tough guy,” Ward said in an appearance on KNBR, via NBC Sports Bay Area. “He thinks he still one of the best receivers in the league and he’s really not. He was trying to talk noise and talk hard all game. We’re not scared of him. He thought we were scared of him. He tried to intimidate us, but forget him, we did our thing. We went out there and got a ‘dub’ and we did our job. He was just yip-yapping all game, but we don’t care about that. We just wanted to win.

“He was getting locked up. He was doing some dirty things. He tried to clip me, he grabbed me by the throat. He grabbed my facemask on one play, so I don’t respect his game. That’s steroid boy.”

49ers: Charvarius Ward: I don't respect 'steroid boy' DeAndre Hopkins' game (knbr.com)

D-Hop dropped 99 yards on them with the backup and third-string QBs...

And yet D-Hop would still be the best player on the Texans by a wide margin.

Yep, people who dont like Rodgers are rooting for his demise. SMH.
I like Rodgers.

It's not an insult to say an aging man is getting to that age where his skills drastically diminish. We've seen it before. Tom Brady has proven to be the exception. We're learning where Rodgers is.

I like Rodgers.

It's not an insult to say an aging man is getting to that age where his skills drastically diminish. We've seen it before. Tom Brady has proven to be the exception. We're learning where Rodgers is.
WE've learned what he looks like playing with a broken thumb after losing his best WR and 2 best OL.

Back