Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

WAY Too Early Draft Predictions

I know we’re still 2 months away from the draft, but I decided to do early predictions for it.

1. Only 3 QBs will be drafted in the 1st Round (Pickett, Corral, Howell)
2. No QBs are drafted in the Top 10
3. Texans trade Tunsil
4. Texans will have (2) 1st Rd picks
5. Stingley falls out of the Top 10

More predictions will come the closer we get

Texansphan

Football connoisseur
I know we’re still 2 months away from the draft, but I decided to do early predictions for it.

1. Only 3 QBs will be drafted in the 1st Round (Pickett, Corral, Howell)
2. No QBs are drafted in the Top 10
3. Texans trade Tunsil
4. Texans will have (2) 1st Rd picks
5. Stingley falls out of the Top 10

More predictions will come the closer we get
1. I can see Malik Willis going in the first and Carson Strong is gaining a lot of national traction. Howell may slide.
2. Some QB desperate team usually makes a jump up to grab someone they are high on.
3. I hope they keep Tunsil - saves having to find a quality LT.
4. Multiple picks in the first will be great for a rebuilding team.
5. Stingley is a CB I would love to see in a Texans uni - with professional coaching and training he could easily regain his early college mojo plus some. Most experts believe he is a once in a decade talent.

5. Stingley is a CB I would love to see in a Texans uni - with professional coaching and training he could easily regain his early college mojo plus some. Most experts believe he is a once in a decade talent.
I’ve heard the expert opinions. I’m just skeptical since his production the past 2 years hasn’t matched his freshman season. It’s possible he blooms in the NFL, but I’d prefer Gardner over Stingley at this point.

Lucky

Ride, Captain, Ride!
Staff member
1. Roger Goodell will hug players a full second longer. And it will be just as uncomfortable as you think.
2. Mike Mayock will be back at the draft on NFL Network. He will hold a baby orangutang on Day 3.
3. Mel Kiper will get mad at someone. We need Angry Mel at the draft.
4. ESPN will go to commercials during 6 of the Texans 9 draft picks. Not to be outdone, NFL Network will go to commercials for 7 picks.

Predictions prior to combine:

1.Texans trade Tunsil to Bengals for ‘22 1st, ‘22 mid round pick, and ‘23 2nd or 3rd (basing off similar trade of Orlando Brown)
2. DW is not traded prior to start of FA
3. NO drafts one of the QBs in the first 2 rounds. I don’t think they can afford to trade for a veteran.
4. Packers keep Rodgers and trade Love.

badboy

Hall of Fame
Predictions prior to combine:

1.Texans trade Tunsil to Bengals for ‘22 1st, ‘22 mid round pick, and ‘23 2nd or 3rd (basing off similar trade of Orlando Brown)
2. DW is not traded prior to start of FA
3. NO drafts one of the QBs in the first 2 rounds. I don’t think they can afford to trade for a veteran.
4. Packers keep Rodgers and trade Love.
I would not make that trade to Bengals. Also my sources saying Packers doing everything to bring Rodgers back but he is holding firm.

Post Comhine Predictions:

1. Ekwonu overtakes the #1 pick from Neal
2. Walker’s athleticism moves him into the top 10.
3. Willis is the 1st QB drafted. (I’ve read he was amazing in the interview process)
4. Jermaine Johnson moved himself into the 10-20 range. I think the Eagles will snag him with one of their picks.
5. New Orleans drafts Pickett.

Texian

Hall of Fame
Post Comhine Predictions:

1. Ekwonu overtakes the #1 pick from Neal
2. Walker’s athleticism moves him into the top 10.
3. Willis is the 1st QB drafted. (I’ve read he was amazing in the interview process)
4. Jermaine Johnson moved himself into the 10-20 range. I think the Eagles will snag him with one of their picks.
5. New Orleans drafts Pickett.
*Neal did not work out, he was only measured and people were impressed. After Neal's pro day he may regain being the #1 LT.

beerlover

Hall of Fame
1. Roger Goodell will hug players a full second longer. And it will be just as uncomfortable as you think.
2. Mike Mayock will be back at the draft on NFL Network. He will hold a baby orangutang on Day 3.
3. Mel Kiper will get mad at someone. We need Angry Mel at the draft.
4. ESPN will go to commercials during 6 of the Texans 9 draft picks. Not to be outdone, NFL Network will go to commercials for 7 picks.
Really great post Lucky 👍

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
This was a trade I didn’t see coming. I didn’t think Seattle would trade him. That conference is going to be a beast with Mahomes, Wilson, Herbert, and Carr!
Seattle realized they needed to rebuild. Although Russ is a great player, the time they were going to win with him at QB had drawn to a close. Now they have a bunch of draft picks and cap space to rebuild with.

Same as what should have happened instead of signing Derrick to that extension and ruining the cap in the process.

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
1. Texans trade the #13 pick back
2. Ridder goes to Steelers
3. Seahawks draft Corral
4. Texans draft 2-3 DBs to improve our backfield
5. Thibodeaux goes to the Jets at #4
1. Agreed
2. Steelers draft Pickett
3. Falcons draft Willis
4. Texans draft 2 CB's, one early, one later.
5. Thibs goes to the NYJ or Seahawks.

Last edited:
Finals predictions before Day1:

1) Panthers don’t take QB at 6. If they’re able to find a trade partner, then I can see them take a QB.
2) Texans 1 offensive player and 1 defensive player on the first day
3) Steelers take a QB at 20
4) KC and DAL trade up in Rd 1
5) Karlaftis slides out of the top 15

Señor Stan

El Guapo
I have a suspicion that the Saints will move up for a QB. I’m just not sure if they go with Willis or Pickett.
Unless its a team with a top 10 pick, I don't see anyone standing pat and then drafting a QB in Round 1. If they like him enough to spend a first rounder, chances are they are scared someone will jump ahead of them.

justmy2cents

All Pro
Contributor's Club
Really great post Lucky C J STROUD BOWL - Okay, you proved you've got contacts in high places .... for goodness sake, make sure we get him in this next draft ! I had to watch it twice .... he was that good ! "you know, Stephen Stinkin' Foster ? No, it's a nocturne .... by Frederic F-ing Chopin." Well, turns out, it wasn't Ohio State vs Michigan, it was the C J F-ing Stroud Bowl - he was beyond great .... I guess - Epic !

Last edited:

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
No to the trash that represented Derrick. That trash also represents Stroud. Plus name the last Ohio St. QB that's been worth a crap in the NFL? Definitely not worth the trouble.

OptimisticTexan

2024 / Rebuilding Block 4 After Playoffs / Texans
No to the trash that represented Derrick. That trash also represents Stroud. Plus name the last Ohio St. QB that's been worth a crap in the NFL? Definitely not worth the trouble.
The problem with perennial winners like Alabama, Ohio State, Clemson, etc are their QB's tend to get drafted by teams who are not a QB1 away from being SB ready. Their QB's are typically drafted by teams who have a penchant for remaining as mid to bottom level teams. Their chances of a successful organizational turnaround are pretty slim.

In the case of Watson, the Texans failed miserably, at putting together a proper front office. The coaching staff was weak. OL and overall talent was pretty bad. Not to mention the execution of organizational damaging trades and contract extensions. As a player, Watson got as much as he could from this group. As a person off the field, he failed with his lack of common sense and moral aptitude. But, and this is a big but, had the Texans fielded a better team and he handled himself better off the field....Watson could've been the QB the Texans needed to take the next step in the playoffs.

There's far too much to discuss, for this post, as to why it's not the best move to throw every player in the same box b/c of the school they played for or who they're represented by.

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
The problem with perennial winners like Alabama, Ohio State, Clemson, etc are their QB's tend to get drafted by teams who are not a QB1 away from being SB ready. Their QB's are typically drafted by teams who have a penchant for remaining as mid to bottom level teams. Their chances of a successful organizational turnaround are pretty slim.

In the case of Watson, the Texans failed miserably, at putting together a proper front office. The coaching staff was weak. OL and overall talent was pretty bad. Not to mention the execution of organizational damaging trades and contract extensions. As a player, Watson got as much as he could from this group. As a person off the field, he failed with his lack of common sense and moral aptitude. But, and this is a big but, had the Texans fielded a better team and he handled himself better off the field....Watson could've been the QB the Texans needed to take the next step in the playoffs.

There's far too much to discuss, for this post, as to why it's not the best move to throw every player in the same box b/c of the school they played for or who they're represented by.
On the field Derrick is vastly overrated.

Off the field, he should be playing this season for the mean machine.

Anybody that would willing let people like DM/Avery represent them shows they lack judgement. When is the 1st QB that's improved under Avery's watch? Avery clients dont listen to NFL coaching.

OptimisticTexan

On the field Derrick is vastly overrated.

Off the field, he should be playing this season for the mean machine.

Anybody that would willing let people like DM/Avery represent them shows they lack judgement. When is the 1st QB that's improved under Avery's watch? Avery clients dont listen to NFL coaching.
His on the field production is a matter of opinion. The numbers would suggest otherwise. If the off the field issues were a non-issue.....Caserio would've been fielding calls from half the NFL teams and commanding his asking price.

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
His on the field production is a matter of opinion. The numbers would suggest otherwise. If the off the field issues were a non-issue.....Caserio would've been fielding calls from half the NFL teams and commanding his asking price.
True, there are suckers born everyday.

I'm just glad the trash has been taken out of the org.

OptimisticTexan

True, there are suckers born everyday.

I'm just glad the trash has been taken out of the org.
True, he's gone for the right reasons. But I wouldn't bet against him re-surfacing and leading the team he's with to the playoffs at some point. As a human....hope he gets his personal shite together and focuses on football. He'll be better off for it.

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
True, he's gone for the right reasons. But I wouldn't bet against him re-surfacing and leading the team he's with to the playoffs at some point. As a human....hope he gets his personal shite together and focuses on football. He'll be better off for it.
It wouldn't hurt my feelings at all if he gets his freaking neck broken. Not that I'm rooting for that.

If I'm the Texans I 0 blitz him all game long as long as he leaves nrg on a stretcher I'm happy with a 70-0 loss.

• Unlike
Reactions: JB