Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Watson’s a top 5 qb. Do you agree?

I see what your doing - but I still think that's a pretty simplistic way to look at it.

I'm in no way saying Watson doesn't need to look in the mirror and see what HE can do to make sure the team starts better because the no scores on opening drives is on everyone including Watson. But I can't put 4-12 squarely on him or that he should have somehow overcome all this teams deficiencies.

But I can't put 4-12 squarely on him or that he should have somehow ove
First of all, let's let them play before we go around saying unfactual crap like 4-12.

Second... you're right. Can't put 4-11 on his shoulders. I'm just saying 4-11 says he's not Rodgers, more like Rivers. & that's cool. Rivers is good enough to win a Super Bowl. He just hasn't.

& if they get in the playoffs, I'm rooting for him or Fitzpatrick to win it all.

That's the problem with the 'Top 5' mentality - certainly the top 8 or so QB's in the league anyone can make an argument that QB x, y, or z should be in the top 5 (from those 8) may depend on if they are your teams QB, or they have a play style that matches with what you like to watch, or their team may be having a really good season (I'd put Rivers here). It's too subjective.

I don't really care if Watson is top 5 - I think he's pretty darn good and if you can't win with a Watson at QB, then as an organization you are terrible at building a team.

Spot on!

First of all, let's let them play before we go around saying unfactual crap like 4-12.

Second... you're right. Can't put 4-11 on his shoulders. I'm just saying 4-11 says he's not Rodgers, more like Rivers. & that's cool. Rivers is good enough to win a Super Bowl. He just hasn't.

& if they get in the playoffs, I'm rooting for him or Fitzpatrick to win it all.

...and the Texans aren't GB or Indy as an organization nor the players they put on the field.

Last edited:

Rodgers went 6-10 when his team was all jacked up.

So you think we'll win 6 games this year? I've got my fingers crossed. But I think the other hand will fill up faster.

16 game season... at 4 wins 11 losses - one game left to play, can we get to 6 wins? 'Hell Yeah Brother, if you believe it you can achieve it!"

In all seriousness - Happy New Year all! Be safe and have a great one - let's hope 2021 is a better year on the field and off!

In who's realm of reality? Texans may have been a regular season playoff team but proved quickly why they didn't belong in the group.
& Watson was supposed to change that.

& I admitted, my fault for thinking that way. But after an 11 loss season, I got it. Can't think that way ever again.

Just like his fanbois are saying, he's just a cog in the wheel. Special, but not that kind of special.

& I admitted, my fault for thinking that way. But after an 11 loss season, I got it. Can't think that way ever again.

Just like his fanbois are saying, he's just a cog in the wheel. Special, but not that kind of special.

He'll be special when the team decides it's extremely important to deliver a non laughing-stock team to the NFL. OB is gone which is a good first step but leaving Easterby with a position within the organization is like taking 2 steps back. Let them surround Watson with some adequate talent and solid coaches....and we'll see why he was so special in Clemson.

Last edited:
16 game season... at 4 wins 11 losses - one game left to play, can we get to 6 wins? 'Hell Yeah Brother, if you believe it you can achieve it!"

In all seriousness - Happy New Year all! Be safe and have a great one - let's hope 2021 is a better year on the field and off!

Happy New Years to you and your family as well.

Happy New Year everyone.

I don’t think anyone is that special to pull these team out of the dumpster. Watson and that offense put together at least 6 game winning drives this season, only to watch that terrible defense give it away. 6 brother, freaking 6. He did his job

Bro now you’re being picky here. My point is when skit was soar for GB even the great AR couldn’t overcome it. Then h me Bleeped about them not drafting a receiver with their first round pick.
That's what I'm saying. On a completely crappy team, a team where the QB & the HC ain't jiving, they still won 6 games. Only lost 10.

We shouldn't win Sunday, but if we do it would make me feel a lot better.

I know, I know. Even elite QBs can lose 12 games. Its just been a while since an elite QB has.

Does it matter if Watson is at 4 or 7? The guy is a top-level QB with all the makings of a franchise QB. It's crystal clear that he is not the problem on offense or this team.
Agree. He’s not the problem.

however. I don’t think any of the”haters” are saying he is.

There are a couple of posters who have said very clearly Watson is not capable of winning a super bowl.

To be fair, and I could be wrong, I think what was said is Texans won’t win a SB with Watson as QB. It’s a fine difference but still a difference.

Most QBs are capable of winning a SB if the team is built right, the QB does just their job and the stars align. Manning proved that in Denver, despite his talent and history that year he was one of the worst QBs in the league but Denver built around the defense and Manning didn’t try to do more than what was his job.

So saying a QB won’t win with a certain team is not the same as saying they aren’t capable of winning one.

Yeah, already said that. What exactly are you saying? Or are you just agreeing with my original post?
I don’t know.

@steelbtexan & myself are the only ones blaming Watson for 4-12. Steelbtexan is saying he won’t ever win a Super Bowl, I think it’s possible.

& I’m not directly blaming Watson for 4-12, just saying this “savior QB” we all thought we had should make us a 6 win team at the very least. (Has an Andrew Luck team ever win less than 6 games?)

A few of them said he’s part of the problem. And one indirectly says he is.

The whole team from owner down is part of the problem in some way. Further examples are JJ still trying to play like he did 6 years ago and just attack the QB when he can’t physically do it anymore. Tunsil contract and his past penalties have been part of the problem.

So yeah at some point everything has been part of the problem. We mostly talk about Watson because he, JJ and Tunsil are the only ones worth talking about because at this point they are the only ones that don’t deserve to be on the cutting block.

Maybe Howard as well.

I don’t know.

@steelbtexan & myself are the only ones blaming Watson for 4-12. Steelbtexan is saying he won’t ever win a Super Bowl, I think it’s possible.

& I’m not directly blaming Watson for 4-12, just saying this “savior QB” we all thought we had should make us a 6 win team at the very least. (Has an Andrew Luck team ever win less than 6 games?)

To be fair Luck always had at least somebody to throw to. I’ve never seen and NFL receiver be hit dead center in the chest with a football and still not make the catch and not get cut or at least benched before the game even ended. If we still had Fuller we might have been that 6 win team.

Not making excuses for Watson but once the ball leaves his hand there is nothing more he can do.

I don’t know.

And he actually would’ve made us another 10 win team if the defense does there job. And that’s to get a stop when it count the most. Again 6 games this young man drove this offense down the field to take the lead. Only to see the defense F it off or Martin have a brain fart on how to snap the ball.

To be fair, and I could be wrong, I think what was said is Texans won’t win a SB with Watson as QB. It’s a fine difference but still a difference.

So saying a QB won’t win with a certain team is not the same as saying they aren’t capable of winning one.

it was said that Watson is not a championship level qb. Which is fine by me, everyone is entitled to their opinion

That's what I'm saying. On a completely crappy team, a team where the QB & the HC ain't jiving, they still won 6 games. Only lost 10.

We shouldn't win Sunday, but if we do it would make me feel a lot better.

I know, I know. Even elite QBs can lose 12 games. Its just been a while since an elite QB has.
AR went 6-10 with the same HC on a 13-3 team the year prior.

Brees went from 8-8 to 2-9 , again, same HC.

Both HCs are pretty good.

GB & Indy was putting crap on the field before Favre & Peyton. Watson walked onto a play off team.

Yeah, a playoff team that took advantage of the setup of just having to beat 3 other teams to get in. And those 3 teams, for the most part, have been crap. And once the Texans did make those playoffs, they quickly showed they didn't really belong. So, if taken out of context, yeah, you're spot on.

You think the 6 or 7 win winner of the NFC East is a "playoff" team? In the technical sense, yeah. But nobody thinks they're playoff caliber.

Agree. He’s not the problem.

however. I don’t think any of the”haters” are saying he is.
He's 1/53 of the problem. The whole team is shitty.
Sorry, but beating the Jags twice is not enough for me to anoint him a savior quarterback.

Most QBs are capable of winning a SB if the team is built right, the QB does just their job and the stars align. Manning proved that in Denver, despite his talent and history that year he was one of the worst QBs in the league but Denver built around the defense and Manning didn’t try to do more than what was his job.

He won't win here, unless Cal nails these two new hirees. Clusterfuck
Lost Century
Sell the team
I don’t know.

Completely agree. Hopefully the Watson nut huggers are right and with a new coach, he stops making the same mistakes.

Yeah, a playoff team that took advantage of the setup of just having to beat 3 other teams to get in. And those 3 teams, for the most part, have been crap. And once the Texans did make those playoffs, they quickly showed they didn't really belong. So, if taken out of context, yeah, you're spot on.

You think the 6 or 7 win winner of the NFC East is a "playoff" team? In the technical sense, yeah. But nobody thinks they're playoff caliber.

Just last yr 1 team from the division made the AFCCG and another team was up 24-0 in the 1st qtr before blowing it or they would've been in the AFCCG. Hardly a crap division.

And he actually would’ve made us another 10 win team if the defense does there job. And that’s to get a stop when it count the most. Again 6 games this young man drove this offense down the field to take the lead. Only to see the defense F it off or Martin have a brain fart on how to snap the ball.

This young man is blameless for the state of the franchise in your blinded eyes. Like I said before your schtick used to be give the young man some time. Then the schtick became it's everybody elses fault.

To be fair Luck always had at least somebody to throw to. I’ve never seen and NFL receiver be hit dead center in the chest with a football and still not make the catch and not get cut or at least benched before the game even ended. If we still had Fuller we might have been that 6 win team.

Not making excuses for Watson but once the ball leaves his hand there is nothing more he can do.

Without 3 fumbles they could be a 7 win team. If the scored more often on the 1st drive of the game they could be a 10 win team. They are a 4 win team for a reason.

Exactly

With his upcoming cap hit and because of his cap hit they wont be able to put enough talent around him to win a championship.

This young man is blameless for the state of the franchise in your blinded eyes. Like I said before your schtick used to be give the young man some time. Then the schtick became it's everybody elses fault.

No he’s not and can you please stop it with that nonsense. All because someone doesn’t agree with your crap, you play this weak ash, it’s everyone else’s fault. No body here ever said that bull crap. Every darn person on this team is at fault. Some are at fault more than others. Watson should be on the lower end of the blame. But we all know your hating self puts more blame on him because you just don’t like him. And no matter what he does you’re going to continue spewing false accusations against him. That’s facts because you are on record for doing it towards Moon and Rick.

Last edited:
You think he's just flat out missing those , not seeing them ?!

I don't , I'm almost convinced he see's those open short to intermediate routes and think's he can get more.

Let's accept what you say as fact and think through the logic of this.

So suppose Watson is seeing these open to short intermediate routes and thinks he can get more. Let's say he's got a RB sitting in the hole 5 yards upfield but instead hits Coutee for a 20-yard gain. What exactly is the problem? The only way I could see it being a problem is if he's consistently missing throws and not picking up 1st downs, but that's not the case. He has the 3rd highest completion % (70.1%) and ranks 5th in First Downs.

I think the posters who want Watson to hit short to intermediate routes all the time (if those are even there) really prefer a more Brady-like approach to the game. At the same time, though, they'll also sing the praises of Mahomes and Rodgers, who play nothing like Brady. Mahomes, for one, holds the ball for a long time and launches deep often, which is why he's right up there with Watson in net yards per attempt.

No he’s not and can you please stop it with that nonsense. All because someone doesn’t agree with your crap, you play this weak ash, it’s everyone else’s fault. No body here ever said that bull crap. Every darn person on this team is at fault. Some are at fault more than others. Watson should be on the lower end of the blame. But we all know your hating self puts more blame on him because you just don’t like him. And no matter what he does you’re going to continue spewing false accusations against him. That’s facts because you are on record for doing it towards Moon and Rick.

No hate, Cant take the heat I see.

I also said some of the same things about Schaub/Os but you must have forgotten about that. It's not personal for me, but that's obviously not the case for you.

No hate, Cant take the heat I see.

I also said some of the same things about Schaub/Os but you must have forgotten about that. It's not personal for me, but that's obviously not the case for you.

What heat. Lol man you’re too freaking comical. Both you and the guy who likes everything you post. Dude this stuff is not that serious but your hate is known already these parts and probably on Clutchcity

What heat. Lol man you’re too freaking comical. Both you and the guy who likes everything you post. Dude this stuff is not that serious but your hate is known already these parts and probably on Clutchcity

I dont hate anybody. I see you left out the part where I said some of the same things about Schaub/Os, I wonder why? BTW, I didn't hate them either. Speaking of comedy thanks for giving me a good laugh. It's quite entertaining.

What is Clutchcity?

Last edited:
Back