Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Wasted Careers and What Next?

Aman, never got this "wasted career" crap. They are being paid million of dollars to do what a lot of people would love to make a living doing. I get the impression that a lot of people aren't fans of the team but fans of certain players. There are many great players that never even got a shot at the SB much less won one but they had good careers and are in the talks of best to ever play (example Marino and Sanders). Likewise there are many players that have rings that you can't say they deserve one yet they were on the right team at the right time (Hoyer actually has a ring from being on the Pats).

Ultimately what most of these guys really care about is money. If you went to most of these guys and offered a choice "You are going to be on a team that is going to win the SB every year but you will always be the lowest paid at that position in the NFL" or "You'll never even get close to the SB but you will always be the salary bar which others can only dream of" about the only person that would legit take choice A is Tom Brady.

Teams don't waste players careers as long as that player is still getting paid. Players waste their own careers by saying or doing stupid stuff like Manziel.

Oh and FYI, local sales are FAR more important to the Texans than TV ratings. Local sales, butts in seats if you will, go completely to the team while TV revenue is split eveningly among all 32 teams regardless of how well they do.

IIRC, only the luxury boxes seats are 100% team. Used to be the visiting team shared revenue from regular seating. Of course concessions goes to the team as well as parking. But I was thinking that a deal with the rodeo allowed some of the parking to go to that organization.

Just wondering but do you really believe what you post or is it just to get a reaction? There is absolutely zero reason to believe the Texans will get to the SB beyond the “any given Sunday” idea and blind, naive faith. I mean at this point there isn’t any reason to believe Watson can deliver in a big game in the NFL, he’s never done it before.

You’re 1000% wrong. Eric explained why but we will reach the Superbowl. I said year 3 and I’m sticking to it. This team can win every game with deshaun at qb. It may sound silly but I have a lot of faith in that youngster. He’s a couple months older than me. I’ve been watching him since a freshman in college. We think we know what he is but the truth is we don’t. Dc’s have nightmares the night before & after playing him. Watson will knock Mahomes, Lj and Brady out the playoffs this year. It sounds crazy right now but just wait. Everything will click around January. I feel like Watson is a better player during the playoffs than the regular season.

You’re 1000% wrong. Eric explained why but we will reach the Superbowl. I said year 3 and I’m sticking to it. This team can win every game with deshaun at qb. It may sound silly but I have a lot of faith in that youngster. He’s a couple months older than me. I’ve been watching him since a freshman in college. We think we know what he is but the truth is we don’t. Dc’s have nightmares the night before & after playing him. Watson will knock Mahomes, Lj and Brady out the playoffs this year. It sounds crazy right now but just wait. Everything will click around January. I feel like Watson is a better player during the playoffs than the regular season.

The one playoff appearance he had would show you to be wrong on that seeing as it was one of his worst games ever.

The one playoff appearance he had would show you to be wrong on that seeing as it was one of his worst games ever.
I never watched the playoff game but wasn’t the Texans starting receiving core besides Hopkins, out due to injury? 1 game isn’t a big enough sample size anyway.

I never watched the playoff game but wasn’t the Texans starting receiving core besides Hopkins, out due to injury? 1 game isn’t a big enough sample size anyway.

Coutee was there and was actually playing pretty good. Doesn't matter though because Watson missed some very key plays including a 4th and 1 pass at the Colts 9 the Hopkins that wasn't even close. And 1 game may not be a big enough sample size but your statement that Watson plays better in the playoffs has nothing to back it up though to be fair you did say its just how you feel. Funny thing is, I actually agree with you on that. My gut says he will be but the hard facts all point to him not being. Though I will say the Ravens game makes me nervous not because the game has such a big effect but because it was such a hyped up game with everyone talking about it even more than the Mahomes vs Watson duel.

I can understand losing, Ravens have a great team, but getting blown away like that isn't just on BoB its also on the whole team and yes Watson in particular. Great QBs may lose but they don't get blown away like that, its why I say Watson is a good QB but he's not a great one yet. Still not sure where you are getting this "SB by Watson's 3rd season" when even recent games aren't backing that up. We almost lost that game against the Colts because of a fumble by Watson. Now BoB's idiotic TO call is a whole different issue and it was only a technically in the rules that saved us on that but ultimately it was still Watson that fumbled.

Hopkins got injured in warmups that day and played on one leg as well...that seems to get forgotten about. The receiving corps was really non existent by that point last season.
That said, as a huge Watson fan, to this point he has shown that he can lose you any given game just as much as he could win it for you, he needs to work on getting to plan B when necessary because negative plays early on seem to lead to ineffectual play throughout the game from him.

You know what, I'm sick of arguing with you guys about this every damn time any one says anything against Watson or questions him its always "He would be better if he had a better coach" well maybe he would and maybe O'Brien would be better if he had Mahomes. But Watson doesn't have a better coach and OB doesn't have Mahomes. It might be the 101 fever talking but I'm just sick of this same old song and dance.

Here is reality, it doesn't matter if Watson is a good or bad QB at this point because he has become to big to fail. We have invested to much in him to get another QB without going into full rebuild mode so whether any of us like it or not Watson is going to be the Texans QB so we better all hope and pray he is going to be the next great QB because he's not going anywhere baring injury.

Here is the other reality, Bill O'Brien is NOT GOING ANYWHERE EITHER. We can ***** about his schemes, we can ***** about his clock management hell we can ***** about his butt chin if we won't. Cal McNair and the Texans do not care. Even if everyone that posts on these boards said we are boycotting the Texans that is a fraction of a fraction of their numbers. So just like Watson we had better hope that Bill O'Brien is the next great HC because he isn't going anywhere especially if they bring Caserio in.

This a message board what do you expect. And you know how you continue to tell me about the opposite sides opinion towards O’Brien. The same could be said here, as soon as someone criticizes or critiques O’Brien. Some will come out argue you to the death around here.

Back