Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Wasted Careers and What Next?

Flyingfish

Waterboy
The game Sunday was so bad, I decided to calm my indigestion by ignoring the tragedy on the screen while thinking about several Texans that had/have so much talent. However, they had the misfortune of being drafted by the Texans.

Andre Johnson - career wasted by the Texans
Watt - career being wasted by the Texans
Hopkins - career being wasted by the Texans
Watson - career being wasted by the Texans
Clowney - Thank God we got Jacob Martin and Mingo for him! Where would this defense be if it had to rely on Clowney over those two...?

The time has come for the Texans need to get A REAL GM (NOT another Denver or New England booger-eater), assess the entire organizational and player talent pool without the input of this coaching staff since it will simply try to justify their personnel decisions, then the GM needs to make decisions on all of the coaches and scouts. Once that is done, the coaches need to present a plan to become one of the top teams...which is going to require some real talent evaluation and development considering the lack of draft picks over the next two drafts. The restructure will either show that this organization and coaching staff is incredibly weak, or that the team's talent level is incredibly weak - which gets back to the coaching staff and the organization.

Finally, the team needs to consider, "do we do JJ a solid" and trade him to the Packers for at least a #1 or two 2's? Let Watt (and the city) know you still love him, then allow him to finish what's left of his career with his favorite team (prior to Texans). That recovers some picks.

By piddling around, the Texans have fallen into the worse thing that can happen to a team - being Mediocre. Fans I know (including my family) at one time never missed a game - even when they knew the Texans were out-manned. However, now, if nothing else is going on, or the weather is bad, we might watch. Mediocre Texans football will fill the stadium's seats, but they will not bring the TV ratings.

Sadly, the Texans have become the Detroit Lions.

Uncle Rico

Ur apology should be as loud as Ur disrespect was
It was so bad that not only did Pancakes McClain join in with the pitchforks and torches mob, but there are members here who havent been active in quite some time that have been driven to act and express themselves. It really says alot.

Its time. OBrien is not the captain to drive this boat. You cant allow yourself to become distracted when beats up on hapless teams. His record against good teams, good coaches and the playoff record speaks for itself.

Its time.

Texecutioner

Hall of Fame
The game Sunday was so bad, I decided to calm my indigestion by ignoring the tragedy on the screen while thinking about several Texans that had/have so much talent. However, they had the misfortune of being drafted by the Texans.

Clowney - Thank God we got Jacob Martin and Mingo for him! Where would this defense be if it had to rely on Clowney over those two...?

The time has come for the Texans need to get A REAL GM (NOT another Denver or New England booger-eater), assess the entire organizational and player talent pool without the input of this coaching staff since it will simply try to justify their personnel decisions, then the GM needs to make decisions on all of the coaches and scouts. Once that is done, the coaches need to present a plan to become one of the top teams...which is going to require some real talent evaluation and development considering the lack of draft picks over the next two drafts. The restructure will either show that this organization and coaching staff is incredibly weak, or that the team's talent level is incredibly weak - which gets back to the coaching staff and the organization.

Finally, the team needs to consider, "do we do JJ a solid" and trade him to the Packers for at least a #1 or two 2's? Let Watt (and the city) know you still love him, then allow him to finish what's left of his career with his favorite team (prior to Texans). That recovers some picks.

By piddling around, the Texans have fallen into the worse thing that can happen to a team - being Mediocre. Fans I know (including my family) at one time never missed a game - even when they knew the Texans were out-manned. However, now, if nothing else is going on, or the weather is bad, we might watch. Mediocre Texans football will fill the stadium's seats, but they will not bring the TV ratings.

Sadly, the Texans have become the Detroit Lions.
Hopkins won't have any excuses of wasting a career. He could have left and didn't. He saw what AJ went through with this organization, and I was shocked that he decided to stay here personally. He won't have anyone to blame.

AcresHomesTexan

No Longer Arlington: Escaped From Jerry's World
Staff member
Never understood the idea, that an individual player being excellent and well-compensated at his job is somehow a wasted career for the organization or the individual. Most teams have a least one excellent player at a given period and only a relative few will play for (much less win) a Superbowl.

maverick512000

Hall of Fame
Never understood the idea, that an individual player being excellent and well-compensated at his job is somehow a wasted career for the organization or the individual. Most teams have a least one excellent player at a given period and only a relative few will play for (much less win) a Superbowl.
Aman, never got this "wasted career" crap. They are being paid million of dollars to do what a lot of people would love to make a living doing. I get the impression that a lot of people aren't fans of the team but fans of certain players. There are many great players that never even got a shot at the SB much less won one but they had good careers and are in the talks of best to ever play (example Marino and Sanders). Likewise there are many players that have rings that you can't say they deserve one yet they were on the right team at the right time (Hoyer actually has a ring from being on the Pats).

Ultimately what most of these guys really care about is money. If you went to most of these guys and offered a choice "You are going to be on a team that is going to win the SB every year but you will always be the lowest paid at that position in the NFL" or "You'll never even get close to the SB but you will always be the salary bar which others can only dream of" about the only person that would legit take choice A is Tom Brady.

Teams don't waste players careers as long as that player is still getting paid. Players waste their own careers by saying or doing stupid stuff like Manziel.

Oh and FYI, local sales are FAR more important to the Texans than TV ratings. Local sales, butts in seats if you will, go completely to the team while TV revenue is split eveningly among all 32 teams regardless of how well they do.

TripleTap

Dead Wood
STOP WATCHING.

Here's the idea, let us all stop following the Texans, stop attending the home games, stop reading about and writing about them, stop visiting this board, stop caring, stop everything having anything to do with the Texans.

Call a FAN STRIKE in other words, to be kept up until the front office does something about O'Brien and the rest of the hapless fug-ups that run this so-called NFL team. New broom sweeps clean is the idea. When they completely replace the coaches and GM and all the rest, we'll pay attention again.

I rewatched the game last night. Ridiculous. We're not even the Lions. Yeah, we have a number of talented players. No question. They deserve our support. But the coaches, well, not so much. O'Brien has been here forever and has shown only bull-headed crap, first to last. He's a joke as a head coach. Probably a perfectly nice person in real life, but in this world he's a parody of what a coach might be.

Let's just close the box and wait until the owners at least make an effort to get the team back on track.

Texansballer74

The Marine
On the cool I truly thought we had turned the corner. We looked very promising before the bi. I was finally extremely excited about this teams future. But, and I know it's just one game, but man they fooled me once again. It's like we wash, rince then repeat the same ole dumb stuff over and over again. We continue to start these games off as if we don't give a rat's butt. Adjustments aren't made on the fly or during halftime. We tend to go into the most important games ill-prepared. We went out and Mortgage the future to see the same product being displayed on the field. We continue to do this ash backwards.

Now I wouldn't say we wasted these players careers because they got paid and will get paid.

DanielTx

Veteran
I cannot wait for the beat down this Thursday that the Colts will lay on us
Let me put all of your minds at ease. The embarrassment yesterday will be quickly forgotten after we lose to the Colts and the Patriots the next two weeks.
If only this was true but imo Watson saves ob one of those games. He’ll be gone if we miss the playoffs which again Watson could save lucky ob again. We took a blowout and learned after adding all these pieces. Nothing has changed since the colts game and now you’re forced to look at the coaching. The owner probably doesn’t care about winning anyway. Never hear to much from that guy

Seegara

Guitar Picker, Dog Lover, Woodworker
Let me put all of your minds at ease. The embarrassment yesterday will be quickly forgotten after we lose to the Colts and the Patriots the next two weeks.
And lose to them we bleeping sure will. The Texsuns just don't beat the Clots.

KA4Texan

Woof!
Contributor's Club
I wish that I were as optimistic as those of you that think a beat down by the Colts is going to change anything.

It didnt last season, it wont this season. I want OB gone just as bad as most.... but to wish for a beat down is fools gold if you ask me.

As a Texans fan I will ALWAYS pull for my team... regardless of toxicity of the coach.

Do I want OB gone? Absolutely. Would I do a happy dance IF we happened to lose to the Colts and OB was sent packing? Yes!

However, Id be FAR happier to see OB pull his head out of his chin dimple, get this team where it should be and stomp the Colts into second place in the AFCS.

As for "wasted careers" I disagree I WISH my employer would "waste my career" with the same level of compensation as a professional in the NFL makes, so I cant exactly cry them a river... they got paid.

I DO however agree with the intent of the statement that the Texans have certainly wasted their share of player talent.

theCATALYST

Football Messiah
You are upset that we "have wasted" Johnson's, Watt's, Hopkins', and Watson's career, but in the same breath are upset that we chose not to waste Clowney's career by taking a bad trade and allowing him to move on?

For the record, there is NO such thing as a franchise wasting a players career. These guys (as has already been mentioned) get paid good money to play a game. More often then not, their career choices follow the money. Only when the money has been made do they seem to target the contending teams as final destinations.

Norg

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
well if u think about it no player has won a sb here ultimate goal ..
so we can say eveybody since 2002 ..

besides your career is not wasted if u get paid and the texans have paid alot of players

Sonny

TexSon Proud
A grown man (assumptions) used the phrase 'booger eater'. Come onnn, mannnnn.
Am I out of the loop? Is this the new 'butt hurt'?
smh

Also.. I'm hoping Watson's career (all 3 years of it) isn't a waste happening.

You need to renegotiate or reevaluate your positive vibe or outlook because you could depress a lottery winner.

Have faith!

Of course, I'm agnostic so...

bigmck

Rookie
If only this was true but imo Watson saves ob one of those games. He’ll be gone if we miss the playoffs which again Watson could save lucky ob again. We took a blowout and learned after adding all these pieces. Nothing has changed since the colts game and now you’re forced to look at the coaching. The owner probably doesn’t care about winning anyway. Never hear to much from that guy
We will end up with a Draft Pick of about 20th in the First Round ...............Wait didn't we trade away some picks in the Clowney deal? We are screwed.

Mr teX

Hall of Fame
Only in the minds of those that think they have a "winning mentality" is this a thing. Most people see as you and I do. Wish someone would pay me millions to "waste" my career.

Thorn

Dirty Old Man
They were (are) all handsomely paid for their waste of time here. I'm sure they can all cry about their time wasted on the way to the bank if they like.

Uncle Rico

Ur apology should be as loud as Ur disrespect was
You are upset that we "have wasted" Johnson's, Watt's, Hopkins', and Watson's career, but in the same breath are upset that we chose not to waste Clowney's career by taking a bad trade and allowing him to move on?

For the record, there is NO such thing as a franchise wasting a players career. These guys (as has already been mentioned) get paid good money to play a game. More often then not, their career choices follow the money. Only when the money has been made do they seem to target the contending teams as final destinations.
think you missed the :sarcasm:there.

EllisUnit

Vote RED!!!
I agree with this, these guys still have very good lives when they are done playing due to the $$$ they made while here. I wouldn't exactly call that a waste of a career. That's like me saying I wasted my career at my job when I retire because I didn't make employee of the month although I got a bad ass retirement.

Thorn

Dirty Old Man
I agree with this, these guys still have very good lives when they are done playing due to the $$$ they made while here. I wouldn't exactly call that a waste of a career. That's like me saying I wasted my career at my job when I retire because I didn't make employee of the month although I got a bad ass retirement.
I got employee of the quarter several times, and all it translated into was a handshake, a smile, and maybe lunch.

eriadoc

Texan-American
Let's think about what a "wasted" career would look like. If we assume that a player is purely motivated by winning and nothing else, then being drafted by the Texans is definitely a damper to your career. But there's good news for these players. They can get to free agency. So if any of these players you think have had a "wasted" career choose/have chosen to remain with the Texans, then that argument doesn't hold water any longer.

On the other hand, perhaps a player is driven by money. Signing a contract with the Texans or anyone else can only be viewed as some measure of success then, because relatively few players ever make it in the league, much less to a second contract. So this is the exact opposite of a wasted career, in those terms.

And if a player is driven by some combination of the two (this is the truth), then they make their decision based on some misguided optimism of the team's future performance and have a sizeable bank account to buy ice cream to eat away their feelings.

In all cases, the choice was made by any payer that reaches a second contract. We could maybe have a discussion about wasting the careers of young players that perhaps don't have a skill set that meshes with what the coaches want, or maybe a player that gets in the dog house early over something stupid, but you seemed specifically concerned over players that were past that point.

TripleTap

Dead Wood
[QUOTE="KA4Texan, post: 3017779, member: 37431"
As for "wasted careers" I disagree I WISH my employer would "waste my career" with the same level of compensation as a professional in the NFL makes,
[/QUOTE]

So do we all, but the waste is of the talent. The money is irrelevant, part of the NFL.

Somebody should rename this thread IS HE FIRED YET?

DanielTx

Veteran
Watson will carry us to a superbowl this year. They went on a hot streak last season. Expect the same and we’re approaching playoffs in a couple of weeks. Let the watson and Texan haters have there 5 mins of fame. There finally right out of 9 weeks of predicting games.

maverick512000

Hall of Fame
Watson will carry us to a superbowl this year. They went on a hot streak last season. Expect the same and we’re approaching playoffs in a couple of weeks. Let the watson and Texan haters have there 5 mins of fame. There finally right out of 9 weeks of predicting games.
Just wondering but do you really believe what you post or is it just to get a reaction? There is absolutely zero reason to believe the Texans will get to the SB beyond the “any given Sunday” idea and blind, naive faith. I mean at this point there isn’t any reason to believe Watson can deliver in a big game in the NFL, he’s never done it before.

maverick512000

Hall of Fame
Hyperbole.

Hyperbole.
Not true, name one big, everything on the line game that Watson delivered on. BoB has lots of blame in that to but the Colts game in the playoffs and this last game against the Ravens for example were both bad games for Watson.

The closest you can say was the Philly game where the defense let the team down and then maybe the Chiefs game but the way KC is playing it’s questionable how much that game will matter.

Corrosion

Idealist
Staff member
STOP WATCHING.

Here's the idea, let us all stop following the Texans, stop attending the home games, stop reading about and writing about them, stop visiting this board, stop caring, stop everything having anything to do with the Texans.

Call a FAN STRIKE in other words, to be kept up until the front office does something about O'Brien and the rest of the hapless fug-ups that run this so-called NFL team. New broom sweeps clean is the idea. When they completely replace the coaches and GM and all the rest, we'll pay attention again.

I rewatched the game last night. Ridiculous. We're not even the Lions. Yeah, we have a number of talented players. No question. They deserve our support. But the coaches, well, not so much. O'Brien has been here forever and has shown only bull-headed crap, first to last. He's a joke as a head coach. Probably a perfectly nice person in real life, but in this world he's a parody of what a coach might be.

Let's just close the box and wait until the owners at least make an effort to get the team back on track.
I'm with you on stop doing anything and everything that generates money for this team …. going to games , watching them on TV , buying merch , visiting their corporate sponsors.... Its time to get their attention , OB needs to get gone and get a coach who will build his offense to suit Watson , not one that forces a square peg into a round hole.

Just remember that TT.com isn't owned or operated by the franchise. Its safe to come here and complain!

eriadoc

Texan-American
Not true, name one big, everything on the line game that Watson delivered on. BoB has lots of blame in that to but the Colts game in the playoffs and this last game against the Ravens for example were both bad games for Watson.

The closest you can say was the Philly game where the defense let the team down and then maybe the Chiefs game but the way KC is playing it’s questionable how much that game will matter.
The Pats game. The Saints game. The Seahawks game. Probably more I'm forgetting. Yeah, some of Watson's best games have been losses, but he's performed more than well enough to win more games than he has. And oh by the way? The team is 20-12 in his career as a starter. And those 12 losses include a few games that he did everything in his power to will the team to victory and then watched as the defense managed to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory.

Watson played poorly against the Ravens. But damn near every time the starting whistle blows, he shows up. So to say he has never delivered ina big game is total BS. He's delivered, and the defense has refused the delivery.

maverick512000

Hall of Fame
The Pats game. The Saints game. The Seahawks game. Probably more I'm forgetting. Yeah, some of Watson's best games have been losses, but he's performed more than well enough to win more games than he has. And oh by the way? The team is 20-12 in his career as a starter. And those 12 losses include a few games that he did everything in his power to will the team to victory and then watched as the defense managed to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory.

Watson played poorly against the Ravens. But damn near every time the starting whistle blows, he shows up. So to say he has never delivered ina big game is total BS. He's delivered, and the defense has refused the delivery.
You didn't read what I wrote. I asked in what games where it was all on the line. I'm not saying he hasn't had great games, he very much has, but playoff games or games where all eyes were on the Texans like the Ravens games which of those can you say he has gotten the job done. If we are going to, fairly, point out that BoB has had great regular seasons but not shown up when it really matters then we have to judge Watson by the same standards. Also it is very well known that BoB has almost nothing to do with defense so then, again, if we are going to say Watson was let down by the defense then we have to also say BoB was let down by RAC.

dream_team

Hall of Fame
You didn't read what I wrote. I asked in what games where it was all on the line. I'm not saying he hasn't had great games, he very much has, but playoff games or games where all eyes were on the Texans like the Ravens games which of those can you say he has gotten the job done. If we are going to, fairly, point out that BoB has had great regular seasons but not shown up when it really matters then we have to judge Watson by the same standards. Also it is very well known that BoB has almost nothing to do with defense so then, again, if we are going to say Watson was let down by the defense then we have to also say BoB was let down by RAC.
So in your opinion, how many of these Watson games have there been? This is a subjective question and unfair to say Watson doesn't show up in "big" games. It's all relative to what you consider a "big" game.

TBH, I don't consider the Ravens game as big as many are making it out to be. Sure, would have been a great win, but I don't consider it as big as today's Colts game. IMO, the Ravens game was probably as big as the Chiefs game earlier this season, which Watson played well in.

dream_team

Hall of Fame
Thank you!

Watt, AJ, and Hopkins were all free agents at one point. They could have easily gone to a better team if they putting winning above anything else and thought their career was being "wasted". Yes, they want to win, but at the same time they want to make as much money as they can. It was their choice to stick with the Texans.

eriadoc

Texan-American
You didn't read what I wrote. I asked in what games where it was all on the line. I'm not saying he hasn't had great games, he very much has, but playoff games or games where all eyes were on the Texans like the Ravens games which of those can you say he has gotten the job done.
Sorry, without trying to sound harsh, this is all a line of BS. First off, the team has been to ONE playoff game while he's been QB. He did poorly, the team did poorly, and they got their asses kicked. If you were asking about games where it's all on the line, there's your only one. In a sample size of one, I concede your point. But wait! You wanted to lump in less important games like the Ravens game. Sure, it's a game where everyone is watching, but so were the ones I mentioned above. All eyes were on the Texans, and especially Watson, when the team opened up the season on Monday Night Football @NO. Watson pulled off his (now typical) heroics, and the defense spit the bit. We all know what he did against the Seahawks, Chiefs, and Patriots (remember the dropped INT of Brady that would have sealed the game?). So if you want to set your scope to be "everything on the line", then yeah. In a sample size of one, you're correct. Meaningless and way too premature, but yes, correct. Congratulations. If you want to set the scope as "important games" or games where all eyes are on the team, well, Watson has delivered, as I said.

The man has to have a team around him, and more importantly, an offensive scheme that results in guys being open when he hits the back foot of his drop. The All-22 has been dissected and shared, and it's pretty clear that Watson had no one to throw to. So he held on to the ball too long, fumbled, and generally looked like a poor QB. But I'll remind you that he did all that AFTER the offensive system failed him on almost every single play. Yeah, he needs to learn to throw the ball away. But you know what that would have looked like against the Ravens? About a 10% completion rate with 20 throws to the stands. Fun football, and you can lay that part at the feet of your HC and OC.

As I have repeatedly said in multiple threads around here, Watson has some developing to do. I think he'll get there, but he's young yet. The fact that he's done so many amazing things to this point in his career is both a testament to his skill, determination, and tenacity, while being a damnation of O'Brien. No QB should have to go off script that damn often. Watson is bailing out O'Brien far more than the reverse.

So yeah, I don't buy your narrative at all. 0/10, would not buy.

Double Barrel

Texans Talk Admin
Staff member
Contributor's Club
Ain't nothing going to change with Houston Texans, Inc. as long as a McNair owns the franchise and uses a boardroom mentality to run it. I don't care to hear about Cal and assumptions or speculations. He's a chip off the old block. His regular mimicking and matching of his dad's clothes over the years revealed that much.

Yeah, you might get different people at the boardroom table, but the overall mindset will remain the same as it has always been: marketing company with a football division (shoutout to Vinny).

This is the entertainment industry. Some are in it for glory, some are in it for a profit. Some are very fortunate and have the Midas touch to accomplish both goals.

Houston Texans, Inc., however, is clearly happy with their "consecutive home sellout" streak since 2002, AFC South division "championships", and their trademarked Houston Texans NRG GameDay Experience®. Winning is good for the bottom line, but let's be honest, they still had waiting lists for season tickets through two 2-14 seasons. We know all of this stuff because they've continuously bragged about it in glossy advertising campaigns year after year.

Of course, as customers...errr....fans, we are in a catch-22. Suffer through it and basically become collective enablers of a perpetually mediocre product. Boycott en masse, and we potentially lose a team and suffer through the dreaded "second class city" syndrome that causes mass panic and justification of billions is taxpayer dollars to build their sports palace stadiums.

The truth for little ol' me, as a fan, is that it is all - and only - entertainment at the end of the day. Not much different in some basic ways than going to see a Marvel franchise movie or a band. Either I'm entertained or I'm not, and that's really how I perceive it.

At this point, my entertainment value is obviously severely diminished when watching a sports team I follow get exposed and embarrassed. And honestly, I've got better things to do than watch crappy football.

So I'll continue to start to watch the games, for a little while at least. But, if mediocrity gets rewarded and fan satisfaction disregarded, I might just not care enough to even pay attention anymore. Life is way too short to waste any of it.

maverick512000

Hall of Fame
So in your opinion, how many of these Watson games have there been? This is a subjective question and unfair to say Watson doesn't show up in "big" games. It's all relative to what you consider a "big" game.

TBH, I don't consider the Ravens game as big as many are making it out to be. Sure, would have been a great win, but I don't consider it as big as today's Colts game. IMO, the Ravens game was probably as big as the Chiefs game earlier this season, which Watson played well in.
Sorry, without trying to sound harsh, this is all a line of BS. First off, the team has been to ONE playoff game while he's been QB. He did poorly, the team did poorly, and they got their asses kicked. If you were asking about games where it's all on the line, there's your only one. In a sample size of one, I concede your point. But wait! You wanted to lump in less important games like the Ravens game. Sure, it's a game where everyone is watching, but so were the ones I mentioned above. All eyes were on the Texans, and especially Watson, when the team opened up the season on Monday Night Football @NO. Watson pulled off his (now typical) heroics, and the defense spit the bit. We all know what he did against the Seahawks, Chiefs, and Patriots (remember the dropped INT of Brady that would have sealed the game?). So if you want to set your scope to be "everything on the line", then yeah. In a sample size of one, you're correct. Meaningless and way too premature, but yes, correct. Congratulations. If you want to set the scope as "important games" or games where all eyes are on the team, well, Watson has delivered, as I said.

The man has to have a team around him, and more importantly, an offensive scheme that results in guys being open when he hits the back foot of his drop. The All-22 has been dissected and shared, and it's pretty clear that Watson had no one to throw to. So he held on to the ball too long, fumbled, and generally looked like a poor QB. But I'll remind you that he did all that AFTER the offensive system failed him on almost every single play. Yeah, he needs to learn to throw the ball away. But you know what that would have looked like against the Ravens? About a 10% completion rate with 20 throws to the stands. Fun football, and you can lay that part at the feet of your HC and OC.

As I have repeatedly said in multiple threads around here, Watson has some developing to do. I think he'll get there, but he's young yet. The fact that he's done so many amazing things to this point in his career is both a testament to his skill, determination, and tenacity, while being a damnation of O'Brien. No QB should have to go off script that damn often. Watson is bailing out O'Brien far more than the reverse.

So yeah, I don't buy your narrative at all. 0/10, would not buy.
You know what, I'm sick of arguing with you guys about this every damn time any one says anything against Watson or questions him its always "He would be better if he had a better coach" well maybe he would and maybe O'Brien would be better if he had Mahomes. But Watson doesn't have a better coach and OB doesn't have Mahomes. It might be the 101 fever talking but I'm just sick of this same old song and dance.

Here is reality, it doesn't matter if Watson is a good or bad QB at this point because he has become to big to fail. We have invested to much in him to get another QB without going into full rebuild mode so whether any of us like it or not Watson is going to be the Texans QB so we better all hope and pray he is going to be the next great QB because he's not going anywhere baring injury.

Here is the other reality, Bill O'Brien is NOT GOING ANYWHERE EITHER. We can ***** about his schemes, we can ***** about his clock management hell we can ***** about his butt chin if we won't. Cal McNair and the Texans do not care. Even if everyone that posts on these boards said we are boycotting the Texans that is a fraction of a fraction of their numbers. So just like Watson we had better hope that Bill O'Brien is the next great HC because he isn't going anywhere especially if they bring Caserio in.

dream_team

Hall of Fame
You know what, I'm sick of arguing with you guys about this every damn time any one says anything against Watson or questions him its always "He would be better if he had a better coach" well maybe he would and maybe O'Brien would be better if he had Mahomes. But Watson doesn't have a better coach and OB doesn't have Mahomes. It might be the 101 fever talking but I'm just sick of this same old song and dance.

Here is reality, it doesn't matter if Watson is a good or bad QB at this point because he has become to big to fail. We have invested to much in him to get another QB without going into full rebuild mode so whether any of us like it or not Watson is going to be the Texans QB so we better all hope and pray he is going to be the next great QB because he's not going anywhere baring injury.

Here is the other reality, Bill O'Brien is NOT GOING ANYWHERE EITHER. We can ***** about his schemes, we can ***** about his clock management hell we can ***** about his butt chin if we won't. Cal McNair and the Texans do not care. Even if everyone that posts on these boards said we are boycotting the Texans that is a fraction of a fraction of their numbers. So just like Watson we had better hope that Bill O'Brien is the next great HC because he isn't going anywhere especially if they bring Caserio in.
Wow. All I asked is what do you consider a "big" game.

Get better, hope the fever goes away soon.

TheKDog

Hall of Fame
Contributor's Club
O'Brien will be coaching some random small college next. Unless he wants to be qb coach because no one is gonna let him be OC again

TexansBull

Hall of Fame
O'Brien will be coaching some random small college next. Unless he wants to be qb coach because no one is gonna let him be OC again
Unless they lose or something else drastic happens, OB will be here next year.

Not that I want it, but because of his contract, the impending GM (forgot his name) hire from NE, and having the 3 headed monster of OB, the preacher and the mini NE GM.

Bank on it.

mws

Rookie
If we are going to, fairly, point out that BoB has had great regular seasons but not shown up when it really matters then we have to judge Watson by the same standards.
Comparing the Texans & O'Brian with & without Watson.

Games Watson Did Not Start
Regular Season: 28/30 .483

Games Watson Started
Regular Season: 20/12 .625

Look at how much the Texans offensive scoring has improved since Watson became QB.

Games where the Texans opponent scored 22 or more.

Games Watson Did Not Start
1/25 .038

Games Watson Started
6/10 .375