Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

Visiting Team Fan's tailgating

cw00dson24

Practice Squad
Hello

I am a Raider fan flying down with a friend from Hartford, CT to Houston for the Raiders/Texans game on 11/17. Just curious to how visiting fans are treated during tailgates? Are there certain lots we should avoid? We are just looking to have a couple beers before the game without any trouble.

Also this will be our first time in Houston and we will be getting in on Friday. Any suggestions on things to do while we are in town(good places to eat, things we should see, places we should avoid)? We want to do a Brewery tour while in Houston and are leaning towards Saint Arnold. Would that be the best one to visit or would one of the others be better (Buffalo Bayou Brewing, 8th wonder, Any others i'm missing)?

Thanks in advance for any help.

You are always welcomed to visit the Blue Crew in the Platinum Lot. We have had Raider fans before and our dear friend Raider Ron has been to visit several of times.

Breweries:
Many people go to Saint Arnold - could be a good bet.
I'd recommend Karbach. Pretty lively on Fridays.

As for food? Whoo.... Houston's got a lot of everything. Figure what kind of food you want to eat, and we can probably give you recommendations from there.

Hello

I am a Raider fan flying down with a friend from Hartford, CT to Houston for the Raiders/Texans game on 11/17. Just curious to how visiting fans are treated during tailgates? Are there certain lots we should avoid? We are just looking to have a couple beers before the game without any trouble.

Also this will be our first time in Houston and we will be getting in on Friday. Any suggestions on things to do while we are in town(good places to eat, things we should see, places we should avoid)? We want to do a Brewery tour while in Houston and are leaning towards Saint Arnold. Would that be the best one to visit or would one of the others be better (Buffalo Bayou Brewing, 8th wonder, Any others i'm missing)?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Forget St. Arnold's, I'd say do Karbach and then maybe 8th wonder if they're open that weekend. Space center Houston is very cool for out of towners, then I would suggest Moon Tower in 2nd ward and the Big Easy blues bar for my favorite aspects of Houston. Depends on what you're into really.

What? A raider fan not looking for trouble? (I kid, I kid) Seriously, though. Feel free to stop by the Blue Crew tailgate. We openly welcome opposing fans. We're in the platinum Lot. Maps are in the photo section on the Facebook page, and are posted on Saturdays again before the game.

https://www.facebook.com/BlueCrewTailgate

For breweries, I'd recommend Saint Arnolds & Karbach.

FYI - Here's some details on gameday you may or may not know:

For gameday, there's a few options. First the "rules" :(

Each person entering the tailgate lots must have a gameday ticket or a tailgate pass.
Each vehicle entering the lot must have a parking pass. (Buses & RVs may require two)

Okay, so thats it for getting in the lot. As far as tailgating:

Platinum Lot opens at 7am. All other lots open at 8am. Pedestrian traffic is allowed in at 8:30am

You're welcome to join the Blue Crew tailgate when you come in, we're in the Platinum Lot at the Northwest corner. No cover charge, no requirements, just stop in & say hi. We'll take care of the drinks & food. You can find maps on the facebook page : www.facebook.com/BlueCrewTailgate

Check Blue Crew thread in the tailgating section once it's posted (around a week before the game).

Regarding Houston-

If you are a fan of craft beer, we have several breweries here in Houston. I highly recommend a visit to the Saint Arnold Brewery. Karbach is also great. If you are interested in sampling several craft beers, I recommend visiting The Petrol Station. They ONLY serve craft beers. No Bud light, No Heineken, No liquor. The staff is very knowledgeable and will answer you questions. It also has a lot of outdoor seating, and the weather should be good during that time.

One of the best burgers in town can be had at Lankford Grocery or the Hubcap Grill.

For BBQ, check out Gatlin's

If you're a foodie - for Upscale dining, check out Pass & Provision

Orther areas of interest in Houston - Art Car Museum, Menil Collection, The Level 9 tour at NASA, just to name a few.

If you have any questions about the stadium, gameday, or about Houston - ask away.

Thank you for the suggestions. We will be sure to stop by the Blue Crew Tailgate.

A couple mentions of Karbach brewery. Is that a newer one? Are any of the Breweries walk-able from Downtown (Hyatt regency is where we ended up staying)? Is The Petrol Station better then The Hay Merchant for craft beers?

Also on gameday we were planning on taking the Metro rail to the game since we won't have a car. Would this be our best option?

Thank you for the suggestions. We will be sure to stop by the Blue Crew Tailgate.

A couple mentions of Karbach brewery. Is that a newer one? Are any of the Breweries walk-able from Downtown (Hyatt regency is where we ended up staying)? Is The Petrol Station better then The Hay Merchant for craft beers?

Also on gameday we were planning on taking the Metro rail to the game since we won't have a car. Would this be our best option?

Saint Arnolds will be the closest brewery to downtown. You could walk it, using public transport to get you there, but it will take about 30 minutes. I'd recommend a cab ride - should be $5-$10 max.

I'd also say the Hay Merchant is your best bet, as it is also close to downtown. If you like Mexican Food, El Real is right next door and is highly recommended.

Metro rail will get you to the game. It will drop you outside the orange lot on fannin. It's also free on gamedays. I recommend arriving around 8:30 - 845am. Pedestrian gates don't open until 830am, and by 845am most of the tailgaters have settled into their spots making it easy to navigate through the lots without the fear of vehicles flying at you.

Saint Arnolds will be the closest brewery to downtown. You could walk it, using public transport to get you there, but it will take about 30 minutes. I'd recommend a cab ride - should be $5-$10 max.

I'd also say the Hay Merchant is your best bet, as it is also close to downtown. If you like Mexican Food, El Real is right next door and is highly recommended.

Metro rail will get you to the game. It will drop you outside the orange lot on fannin. It's also free on gamedays. I recommend arriving around 8:30 - 845am. Pedestrian gates don't open until 830am, and by 845am most of the tailgaters have settled into their spots making it easy to navigate through the lots without the fear of vehicles flying at you.

I don't believe Metro Rail is free on game days any longer...

Who gives an EFF?

As well stated, you are more than welcome to come by "Blue Crew" which has been honored, whatever the acronynm for HOF fans tailgate - PUPFA or something like that... (More details to come.... Joe, fill in the blanks)

In any event, Raider Ron has been here.. He loved us and reciprocated Joe when Joe visited Oakland.

We'll take care of you and your guests!

Its all about fans, football and FUN!!!

Who gives an EFF?

As well stated, you are more than welcome to come by "Blue Crew" which has been honored, whatever the acronynm for HOF fans tailgate - PUPFA or something like that... (More details to come.... Joe, fill in the blanks)

In any event, Raider Ron has been here.. He loved us and reciprocated Joe when Joe visited Oakland.

We'll take care of you and your guests!

Its all about fans, football and FUN!!!

Or you can come to a tailgate that isn't about bragging on who has come and this and that, we are real people, and have a real good time..
:peek: Sup T_B!! :hobie:

On a serious note, if you are taking the rail to the game, you will pass thru the Orange Lot where we set up. This game we will be hosting Wounded Warriors being it is Salute to the Military game. If you wish to stop by our tailgate location on the way over to the Blue Crew, let me know and I will send you a map on where we are.

As T_B said, it is all about fans, football and FUN !!!

For good beer selection in Downtown or Midtown, you may want to try:

The Flying Saucer, 705 Main Street @ Capitol

Little Woodrow's, 2306 Brazos Street

Little Woodrow's EADO, 2019 Walker Street

Houston Beer Week (11/9 - 11/17)

Sat (11/9) - BrewFeast at Cedar Creek 12p-5p
Sun (11/10) - Izakaya Pop-Up at Roost 7p-11p
Mon (11/11) - SAVOR event at 3rd Floor 7p-10p
Tues (11/12) - Raw Bar Pop-Up at Cove 7p-11p
Wed (11/13) - Twitter Bottle/Growler Share at Eatsie Boys Cafe 6:30p-9p
Thur (11/14) - Deconstructed Beer Dinner at Provisions 6:30p-?
Sat (11/16) - Untapped Beer Festival 4p-10p
Sun (11/17) - Day Party at Moontower Inn (3004 Canal St, Houston, TX 77003) 1pm-?

Back