Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Vets on the move come draft day????

Lucky

Ride, Captain, Ride!
Staff member
Some of these are rumors. Some, I'm just reading the tea leaves and pulling out of my arse. But here are names we could here trading places come draft weekend.

DeAndre Hopkins - Clearly, the Cardinals would love to move him and his contract. No one seems willing to bite, right now. But if the Cards are able to work a trade down from #3, it's possible they would force Hopkins on the team moving up.

Lamar Jackson - I've heard zero credible rumors regarding Jackson moving. But I think both the Ravens and Jackson would like to see it happen.

Ed Oliver - Oliver's on the last year of his deal, with no extension in site. His production has been underwhelming, and the Bills may look to add to their measly draft capital by getting something for the former 1st round pick.

Matt Corral - A forgotten man in Carolina after a preseason foot injury ended his rookie campaign. The panthers are back in the rookie QB market in earnest, and Corral has no future with the Panthers. A team that misses out of this rookie class of QBs may toss a day 3 pick the Panthers way in exchange for Corral.

Jonah Williams - The Bengals once LT has asked for a trade, after Cincinnati picked up Orlando Brown in free agency. Will the Bengals force a position change on Williams? Or will a LT needy team toss a draft pick the Bengals' way?

Courtland Sutton/Jerry Jeudy - Both of these WRs have been productive for the Broncos. But it's unlikely Denver keeps both in 2024, when Jeudy's 5th year option kicks in. Sean Payton only has 5 picks in this draft and may need to cash in one of these wideouts for draft capital.

Nick Chubb - The Browns would create $19 million in cap savings over the next 2 years with a Chubb trade. Chubb will be age 28 entering 2023 and is a bonafide blue chip RB. With Cleveland not having a pick until the 3rd round, a 2nd rounder for Chubb might get a deal done.

Josh Allen (Edge) - Allen is on an expiring contract ($10 million) and has not produced at the level the Jags had hoped. I see edge prospects taking visits to Jacksonville, and I'm doing the math. Look for the other Josh Allen to have a new address if the value is right.

Hunter Renfrow - I'm sure the Raiders would love to get out of the ridiculous contract they gave their trusty slot receiver. Would any other team bite on that, is the question. It could come down to how much $$$ Vegas would be willing to eat.

Mac Jones - There may be bitter feelings between Hoodie and Jones from last season. But I'm not buying any trades, now. Of course, where there's smoke...

Derrick Henry - Henry is on the last year of his deal entering his age 29 season. I don't see a lot of value for teams to trade for, though the Titans could certainly use the draft picks.

Austin Ekeler - The Chargers do it all RB is looking for a new contract and team. I think LA would be willing to oblige, but the return would not likely be worth it.

Za'Darius Smith - Minnesota is another pick poor team looking to unload a veteran. Smith is still a good edge rusher at age 31, but his contract will limit a big return.

Devin White - White is on the last year of his contract, and the Bucs may be ready to move on. In a LB weak draft, a team may be willing to give up a 2nd rounder for the age 25 White.

Aaron Rodgers - The Packers will deal Rodgers to the Jets. When? For what? Don't know, don't care.

Any trades you think are coming?

Some of these are rumors. Some, I'm just reading the tea leaves and pulling out of my arse. But here are names we could here trading places come draft weekend.

DeAndre Hopkins - Clearly, the Cardinals would love to move him and his contract. No one seems willing to bite, right now. But if the Cards are able to work a trade down from #3, it's possible they would force Hopkins on the team moving up.

Lamar Jackson - I've heard zero credible rumors regarding Jackson moving. But I think both the Ravens and Jackson would like to see it happen.

Ed Oliver - Oliver's on the last year of his deal, with no extension in site. His production has been underwhelming, and the Bills may look to add to their measly draft capital by getting something for the former 1st round pick.

Matt Corral - A forgotten man in Carolina after a preseason foot injury ended his rookie campaign. The panthers are back in the rookie QB market in earnest, and Corral has no future with the Panthers. A team that misses out of this rookie class of QBs may toss a day 3 pick the Panthers way in exchange for Corral.

Jonah Williams - The Bengals once LT has asked for a trade, after Cincinnati picked up Orlando Brown in free agency. Will the Bengals force a position change on Williams? Or will a LT needy team toss a draft pick the Bengals' way?

Courtland Sutton/Jerry Jeudy - Both of these WRs have been productive for the Broncos. But it's unlikely Denver keeps both in 2024, when Jeudy's 5th year option kicks in. Sean Payton only has 5 picks in this draft and may need to cash in one of these wideouts for draft capital.

Nick Chubb - The Browns would create $19 million in cap savings over the next 2 years with a Chubb trade. Chubb will be age 28 entering 2023 and is a bonafide blue chip RB. With Cleveland not having a pick until the 3rd round, a 2nd rounder for Chubb might get a deal done.

Josh Allen (Edge) - Allen is on an expiring contract ($10 million) and has not produced at the level the Jags had hoped. I see edge prospects taking visits to Jacksonville, and I'm doing the math. Look for the other Josh Allen to have a new address if the value is right.

Hunter Renfrow - I'm sure the Raiders would love to get out of the ridiculous contract they gave their trusty slot receiver. Would any other team bite on that, is the question. It could come down to how much $$$ Vegas would be willing to eat.

Mac Jones - There may be bitter feelings between Hoodie and Jones from last season. But I'm not buying any trades, now. Of course, where there's smoke...

Derrick Henry - Henry is on the last year of his deal entering his age 29 season. I don't see a lot of value for teams to trade for, though the Titans could certainly use the draft picks.

Austin Ekeler - The Chargers do it all RB is looking for a new contract and team. I think LA would be willing to oblige, but the return would not likely be worth it.

Za'Darius Smith - Minnesota is another pick poor team looking to unload a veteran. Smith is still a good edge rusher at age 31, but his contract will limit a big return.

Devin White - White is on the last year of his contract, and the Bucs may be ready to move on. In a LB weak draft, a team may be willing to give up a 2nd rounder for the age 25 White.

Aaron Rodgers - The Packers will deal Rodgers to the Jets. When? For what? Don't know, don't care.

Any trades you think are coming?
While oliver certainly has not been a bust in bu$alo but he,s fallen well short of expectations in the nfl coming out of u of h as a very high draft pick
I wonder if demeco would give him the opportunity to come home and play for him ?

I don't think the Texans would be in on any of the trades I mentioned. Though I did see a ridiculous Hunter Renfrow to the Texans rumor. The Texans just got out of a stupid contract to a WR. But they would jump right back in on a dumber one?

From a local perspective, I’d be in on Jerry Jeudy. I’d give our first 3rd rounder. That’s about it locally. I’d consider Oliver, but Lucky said it best so it’s a pass for me.

Back