Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

uh oh,, texans strength and conditioning coach resigns

texansnewb

Practice Squad
luke richardson came here with high praise and it was considered a major "get" to have him leave denver... Just heard he resigned to head back to denver to be with his family... anybody have any other info?? I was under the impression he was highly respected and the team and organization loved what he has done..

texansnewb

Practice Squad
i misspelled his last name its Richesson... seriously,, there has got to be more to this resignation... He was highly praised inside and outside of the organization.. the official word is he is resigning to be close to his family in denver..

Insideop

All Pro
luke richardson came here with high praise and it was considered a major "get" to have him leave denver... Just heard he resigned to head back to denver to be with his family... anybody have any other info?? I was under the impression he was highly respected and the team and organization loved what he has done..
Saw this in chron.com: https://www.chron.com/sports/texans/article/Texans-strength-coach-Luke-Richesson-resigns-13514888.php

Sounds like it's just a family thing. Guess the rest of the family just didn't want to move to Houston and the distance and time apart was just too much, but that's just a guess.

Last edited:

infantrycak

Hall of Fame
i misspelled his last name its Richesson... seriously,, there has got to be more to this resignation... He was highly praised inside and outside of the organization.. the official word is he is resigning to be close to his family in denver..
Why does there have to be more?

IDEXAN

Hall of Fame
Contributor's Club
So sounds like his wife and kids live in the Denver area but refuse to move to Houston. That sort of thing happens often and other times it's vice versa.

TheKDog

Hall of Fame
Contributor's Club
Well they initially said Gaine left because he wanted to and it turned out he was fired by rick in some weird power struggle

AcresHomesTexan

No Longer Arlington: Escaped From Jerry's World
Staff member
I'm hamstrung by this line of thinking.

If true, this guy is different than most.
I know that drama and money are more interesting, but there are more a handful of "different" people in the world. It is as much as an option as the other two things. This is my personal experience, not some weird thought pattern.

maverick512000

Hall of Fame
Honestly I'm willing to take this one at face value. Strength and conditioning coaches aren't exactly blamed when things go south, at least not unless they really screw the pooch, so I don't see this as being a fall out from sat. game. Also a person gets in a relationship with a football player or coach then, mostly, they know that they could be changing towns without warning. A trainer and such, not so much so I can very much believe the wife and kids didn't want to move, it is a big change going from Denver weather to Houston weather. I'd be more willing to bet it was a case of come here, make some money then plan to move back all along. Can't blame him, did that for years working construction.

edo783

Hall of Fame
IMO, it's just a family thing. Hate to see him go though he was supposed to be a special trainer.

TheKDog

Hall of Fame
Contributor's Club
Even though Brian Gaine didn’t get the general manager position he interviewed for recently in Buffalo, the Texans director of player personnel is joining the Bills under new GM Brandon Beane.

Gaine will serve as vice president of player personnel in Buffalo. It’s essentially a lateral move, though the added prestige of the VP in front of the title does technically make it a step up.

He is a New York native and has family in the western NY area. Gaine is a rising star in the personnel field, having interviewed for several higher positions in the past couple of seasons. He is a protege of the Bill Parcells management tree.

https://texanswire.usatoday.com/2017/05/15/brian-gaine-leaving-texans-to-join-bills-as-vp-of-player-personnel/

Seems like a Texans thing to say when someone is fired or quits.

OptimisticTexan

2024 / Rebuilding Block 4 After Playoffs / Texans
How about the Texans take a novel approach to this issue......make JJ Watt a Player/Strength & Conditioning Coach.

maverick512000

Hall of Fame
Even though Brian Gaine didn’t get the general manager position he interviewed for recently in Buffalo, the Texans director of player personnel is joining the Bills under new GM Brandon Beane.

Gaine will serve as vice president of player personnel in Buffalo. It’s essentially a lateral move, though the added prestige of the VP in front of the title does technically make it a step up.

He is a New York native and has family in the western NY area. Gaine is a rising star in the personnel field, having interviewed for several higher positions in the past couple of seasons. He is a protege of the Bill Parcells management tree.

https://texanswire.usatoday.com/2017/05/15/brian-gaine-leaving-texans-to-join-bills-as-vp-of-player-personnel/

Why would they bother to make excuses because the strength and conditioning coach left or was fired or whatever? Because really, who cares, its not like anyone goes to the stadium and says "Man did you see that sack Watt got, thank God we have such a great strength and conditioning coach."

Next people will be saying the janitor left because he could no longer stand to sweep the floors of a stadium where Bill O'Brien is head coach.

JB

Innocent Bystander
Contributor's Club

He left again?

TheKDog

Hall of Fame
Contributor's Club
Why would they bother to make excuses because the strength and conditioning coach left or was fired or whatever? Because really, who cares, its not like anyone goes to the stadium and says "Man did you see that sack Watt got, thank God we have such a great strength and conditioning coach."

Next people will be saying the janitor left because he could no longer stand to sweep the floors of a stadium where Bill O'Brien is head coach.
I'm not even sure why gaine needed that excuse

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club

Well they do ask what the S&C guy isn't doing when the multitude of hamstring injuries keep popping up.

Hervoyel

BUENO!

Well it's not like that hasn't already happened. That guy who used to walk around selling beer in section 603 a couple of years ago left for the exact same reason!

One minute he was there selling us beer and the next it was some other guy nobody had ever seen before. Come on man, it was in all the papers at the time.