Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

Turnovers...

texan279

Hall of Fame
I'm not posting to complain about our turnovers. I was just checking some stats and noticed that our net giveaway/takeaway difference is now 0 which is tied for 16th in the league and we are now tied with Seattle for most team interceptions with 9.

Not bad considering where we were after Week 2. Plus 6 in the four games since and we're 3-1. Correlation? You bet.

I found that interesting. I found the 9 interceptions pretty impressive also, 3 coming from the rook DRob.

I am glad you posted this because as much success as our offense is having, our defense is doing a good job with the INTs. I think it goes unnoticed though because we haven't really scored TDs after those INTs.

If we punch the ball in the endzone once against Tenn after one of the many TOs, David Carr is calling in signals to Tony Banks in the 4th quarter.

If we punch the ball in the endzone once against Tenn after one of the many TOs, David Carr is calling in signals to Tony Banks in the 4th quarter.

This is one of the many dilemmas I face as a fantasy football player, hehe. I want Carr out there scoring points, yet I want to see some blowout games. Can't we just score 35 in the first half? lol:

Back to the topic -- I think our secondary is one of the team's strengths. As long as the pass rush puts some pressure on, the secondary can hold the other team. Even when the pass rush doesn't get through, you will see opposing QBs struggling to find open receivers (exhibit A -- Vikings game).

Turn-overs are the ONLY REASON this team is 3-3 instead of 5-1 . The only team that BEAT the texans was the Vikes . In the other two losses the Texans beat themselves .

Turnovers and penalties account for all 3 losses. One less turnover here and one less penalty there and we are at least 5-1.

I know we have had a lot of INTs and beggers can't be choosers but I would like to see a lot more fumble recoveries for us. You know, bone jarring hits that cause fumbles that we pick up and take in for the score. So far I think we have two fumbles recovered with one TD. Stil not that bad.

corrosion said:
Turn-overs are the ONLY REASON this team is 3-3 instead of 5-1 . The only team that BEAT the texans was the Vikes . In the other two losses the Texans beat themselves .

I couldn't agree more, especially in reference to that first one against SD.

Back