Texecutioner

Hall of Fame
I'm being offered

Thomas Jones
Mike Bell

FOr

Steve Slaton
Jermichael Finley

I've gotten really really worried about Slaton at this point. I became worried about him once the Texans played Minne in pre season. His extra weight has slowed down his speed burst a little. He hasn't been hitting holes hard either I was worried about Jones early on this season, but he got a ton of carries in game one and always seems to play well when the odds are stacked against him to not be the main guy.

And Mike Bell had an impressive game and looks like he could end up being a pretty strong work horse over there.

What are you thoughts people?

Well, you should look at it as Slaton for Jones, because Mike Bell will be less relevant when Pierre Thomas comes back. The Saints are SAYING that Thomas and Bell will compete for carries, but that's just coachspeak. Thomas is better when he's healthy.

Personally - I wouldn't take that deal because even if Slaton struggles, at least you know he's the unquestioned starter. Leon Washington looked at least as much (if not more) involved in the Jets offense than Thomas Jones.

Well, you should look at it as Slaton for Jones, because Mike Bell will be less relevant when Pierre Thomas comes back.

Personally - I wouldn't take that deal because even if Slaton struggles, at least you know he's the unquestioned starter. Leon Washington looked at least as much (if not more) involved in the Jets offense than Thomas Jones.

Well I think Mike Bell will be more involved based off of what Rotoworld says.

Saints coach Sean Payton said Mike Bell and Pierre Thomas are now "competing for touches in a course of a game."
"We have some depth, and each week we'll evaluate what the plan is," said Payton. These are not encouraging words for Thomas (sprained knee), who says he will play this week. Beat writer Mike Triplett seconded earlier speculation by saying "Bell will continue to be a big part of the Saints' offense if and when Thomas returns to the mix." This is sounding like a timeshare

Plus it's not like Thomas will come in there and start tearing it up. He's not that great of a back really, although he is bigger than Bell is which could make him the GL back. His injuries might linger though which could also help Bell down the stretch.

And as far as Jones goes, he should be the GL back I think and Slaton may not be, but of course I don't expect Chris Brown to stay healthy either.

This is a tough one for sure.

Ok...the way I see it is this.

Slaton hasn't produced in the pre-season or against the Jets. The Jets are going to be heavy on the run, to allow Sanchez to have an easier time in his rookie year. I think Jones will be a large part of that running game, and he can run well....doesn't have much of the explosiveness of Slaton, but has a good reliable style of running.

The trade supplementers don't really mean anything in this trade. Personally, feeling like I do about the way the Jets running game is looking, and how ours is, I'd take Jones, as the safer option, as we don't know how our run is going to pan out (hopefully it picks up, but I worry about it...).

No deal. Not production related, but he probably got Bell as an UDFA, and Jones in the 8th round. Slaton is a bonafide tier 1-2 RB.

I won't say whether or not I think you should do the trade, but I will say that, as a Saints fan, I would be very dissapointed if Bell were not heavily involved in our offense with the way he's been running lately. Besides that, I have my doubts that Pierre will play this weekend or be effective soon. His MCL sprain has been slower to heal than thought and he seems to be prone to being nicked up quite a bit over the course of a season.

Also, althought Tex has most of the situation pretty well covered, I disagree with the notion that Thomas would be the GL back if both are healthy. It could go either way certainly, but Bell runs with more power that I've seen.

I accidentally drafted two QBs with the same bye-week: Aaron Rodgers and Jay Cutler. I want to keep Rodgers and want to trade Cutler. I could use some WR help, so what do you guys think of these two trades and which would you recommend?

Jay Cutler for Santonio Holmes
Jay Cutler for Dwyane Bowe

Which is the better trade or are they good trades at all? I like Holmes' upside and both are the number target on their team. So what do you think?

I accidentally drafted two QBs with the same bye-week: Aaron Rodgers and Jay Cutler. I want to keep Rodgers and want to trade Cutler. I could use some WR help, so what do you guys think of these two trades and which would you recommend?

Jay Cutler for Santonio Holmes
Jay Cutler for Dwyane Bowe

Which is the better trade or are they good trades at all? I like Holmes' upside and both are the number target on their team. So what do you think?

I would trade Cutler for Holmes.

Holmes seems to be getting more looks than H.Ward And Pittsburgh cant run the ball.

Bowe is a good receiver but play on a terrible offensive team.

Back