Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Top 4 Free Agents You Would Like To Become Texans

He's about the only one on this board with a love for Ben Jones and Scott Q
I like guys who do their job. When you’ve got 4 1st round picks on a 5 man line, that 5th guy just needs to grind. Assuming adequate coaching.

& my concern has always been about the replacement. I’m not a “big” Ben Jones fan, just not a Nick Martin fan at all.

Same thing with Q. I like that the Texans brought him into camp. I also hope they bring in someone that can truly beat him & not someone they give the spot to just because of draft position or whatever

Veteran leadership? Guess Cooks is good as gone.

I really wouldn’t mind helping the Jets by sending them WR, Cooks for their disgruntled WR, Denzel Mims.

I believe Mims has plenty to offer the Texans, especially at 6-3 and 207 pounds. He still possesses the tools that made him special in the 2020 NFL Draft, but it’s his 4.38-40 speed that makes him a solid WR1 target.

This move could eliminate the need for a WR in this draft, and maybe move the focus over to TE where Washington (Georgia) could be a really big addition….to pair with Jordan Aikens. That might be a hellava 2 TE set.

I really wouldn’t mind helping the Jets by sending them WR, Cooks for their disgruntled WR, Denzel Mims.

I believe Mims has plenty to offer the Texans, especially at 6-3 and 207 pounds. He still possesses the tools that made him special in the 2020 NFL Draft, but it’s his 4.38-40 speed that makes him a solid WR1 target.

This move could eliminate the need for a WR in this draft, and maybe move the focus over to TE where Washington (Georgia) could be a really big addition….to pair with Jordan Aikens. That might be a hellava 2 TE set.
Why is he disgruntled? Rather than drafting Quentin Johnston, this would be a good trade.
Is there any word the Jets looking to move him?

Why is he disgruntled? Rather than drafting Quentin Johnston, this would be a good trade.
Why would they want to move him - cap space issues?
They would still have to pay Cooks - any savings for them there?

I believe the Jets were open to moving him before the deadline. Jets are vested in young receivers and Mims has become the odd man out…..pretty much why I think Cooks could be an attractive addition. If the Jets land Rodgers, Cooks would be a solid addition.

7. LB GERMAINE PRATT, CINCINNATI BENGALS
Contract projection: Available in PFF's free agency rankings
With both Bengals starting safeties in Jessie Bates III and Vonn Bell pending free agents, a big extension for wide receiver Tee Higgins likely in play and fellow off-ball linebacker Logan Wilson also eligible for an extension after the season, it’s possible Pratt hits the market even after a career year.
Pratt’s 90.1 coverage grade was the best mark in the NFL. He missed just two tackles in coverage and allowed only four explosive receptions. Pratt didn’t miss many tackles as a run defender, either, whiffing on just 5.9% of opportunities after three straight seasons above 10% to start his career. Last but certainly not least, Pratt also peaked at the right time, with his 90.1 overall grade since Week 8 the top mark among linebackers.

Tampering period starts tomorrow, so that should give us a good idea what the Texans are thinking, but C is my #1 FA position. We need to add a vet, and Brendel makes some sense for obvious reasons. My guy is Pocic, but Brendel is going to be way cheaper and from what I can tell, performed well last year. Major risk is he is a 30 year old one-year wonder. Prior to last year he was JAG so who are you getting?

Not completely true... if Baltimore doesn't match, they would have to work out a trade for at least 2 1's and very likely more
I think the tag stipulates two 1st round picks. I'm sure it could be the equivalent of, but I doubt it will be more value-wise.

Love the players. Singletary and Schultz are legit. Finally! While this might not be the whale splash, these are very significant and legit signings.

What I don't love is the one-year terms. These are both young players. I can maybe see the 1 year on Devon due to the position, but Schultz? Lock that bad boy up and squeeze him with so much love he changes his name to lemon.

Some very nice signings by Caserio. Both RB and TE will probably be addressed in the draft which means the rookies won’t have to be rushed, yet they’ll get a heck of a mentorship. I would not consider Singletary nor Schultz bridge signings, but I would consider them opportunity signings.

Love the players. Singletary and Schultz are legit. Finally! While this might not be the whale splash, these are very significant and legit signings.

What I don't love is the one-year terms. These are both young players. I can maybe see the 1 year on Devon due to the position, but Schultz? Lock that bad boy up and squeeze him with so much love he changes his name to lemon.
When can we extend them? ( For next season).

Back