Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Too high

LiveForTheGame

Waterboy
The only reason this game is so hard to accept and watch is because of the high expectations and hopes of the fans that the Texans would make the playoffs. Yes, I want them to make the playoffs, but I don't sit here and say they are going to...yet. This is their 3rd season and are still pretty weak in some areas. These games are going to happen. They still need to fill in a lot of spots with better players.

I don't know if it's all completely about that. The team played very poorly today. Maybe as bad as they've ever played. I don't think we were beaten once in our first year as this (maybe the Bengals game) and the only time I've ever seen them come out this flat might have been the Jacksonville game last season with Ragone starting.

There's a little bit more to this than high expectations though they certainly have something to do with it. This was an unacceptable performance. Completely unacceptable. They'll get roasted this week for their poor play and they deserve to get roasted. A lot of defenses look bad against the Colts offense but we looked particularly bad. Not a lot of offenses get shut down by the Colts defense though and we made them look like the 85' Bears.

This game is hard for me to accept because the Texans were absolutely terrible.

Hervoyel-
I completely agree with that, but I was just saying that we shouldn't expect to win every game or even just the ones against the big teams in the NFL, the colts for example. I expect us to play them closely and maybe have a chance to win, but I don't expect us to make the playoffs and beat the top teams in the league yet. I believe we can and hope it happens...just don't expect it to.

I have not seen a post like this since 2002. It's alright to expect wins, the Texans are good enough to win these games. It didn't look like it today, but nobody would have been shocked if Houston had won today.

eh.. i can accept a loss.. even a bad loss like we had against Denver. But the loss against indi was just unacceptable.. that was a flashback of 2002.. we should be beyond breakdowns like that. High expectations have nothing to do with being upset at our offense being owned by the 32nd defense.

The only reason this game is so hard to accept and watch is because of the high expectations and hopes of the fans that the Texans would make the playoffs
Uh.....If anyone had high expecatations for the Texans to make the playoffs they were living in a dream world anyway. The reason this game is so hard to accept is because the Texans have played like a high school team the last two weeks. In fact, I think North Shore or Westside could give them a run right about now.

When the Texans 'don't show up' for a game it really shows. They look like a bunch of undisciplined kids. I thought before the season started that we would win 6 or 7 games this year. I'll still stick with that! A couple more home game wins at this point sounds good to me..

Texan281 said:
(Jim Mora Sr. voice) PLAYOFFS?!?!?!?!??!?!

I still have fond memories of that post-game interview......

Playoffs? Are you kidding me? Playoffs....... :rofl:

People need to quit dwelling on this game with the colts...It was a bad game so what...You cant expect this team to be perfect YET...Forget about it and think about the games ahead and if we dont make the playoffs so what there is always another year...

By the way im a fan who roots for this team no matter if they win or loose...GREAT FANS are ones who don't care if their team looses or wins...You support the team no matter what...

I'm not sure what kind of fan you are if you don't care if your team "looses."

All I know is I've been watching football for a long long time and the last two games were about as frustrating as it gets. Yesterday reminded me of the Oilers road opener in '94.

Back