Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

Tony Hollings...

texan279

Hall of Fame
ANyone else think we should get rid of him because of his injuries or should we give him one more season?

i think if we give him oner more season it will be the same as this year, he will come back get hurt and then so on, he is alot less durable than Davis is ! Plus davis has more size on him than hollings and has more power ! I think Wells and Davis will make a good combo when our line is a 100%, we should trade him to another team for WHATEVER we can get !

That is what I was thinking but I am scared no one will want him after taking a look at his history of injuries.

I think that unless another RB lands in our laps.. he will stay until his contract is up. I dont think we are paying him all that much.. not enough to hurt the cap anyway.

Hollings has limited trade value in a year where there plenty of options in FA and one of better RB draft classes in a while.

Hollings will come into camp fighting for his job as i expect the texans to bring in a FA/draft pick RB. i think the texans wanted to see his stuff before the end of the year but the injury cut him short.

FYI--Hollings is 4 lbs lighter than DD. His contract is virtually league minimum so there is no cap advantage to getting rid of him. As AT said he doesn't have any reasonable trade value this off-season so the only way he isn't a Texan next year is if they decide they have to have another roster spot.

If he is healthy enough I'd like to see the Texans play him in some of these last games. If by some chance he did do good at least it could raise his trade value and the Texans could see what they have.

your all giving up on him before he is 100%. its gonna take patience, he is a converted RB without alot of experience coming back from ACL surgery. Willis MaGhee is just now rounding into the form that had him ranked as the Texans #1 pick before AJ in the 2003 draft. For whatever reason its taking Hollings longer, but I have confidence in Casserly the wait will be worth it :patriot

Hollings isn't going anywhere. He was considered a project from the start and he is just now at the point where he understands everything I think. No way the Texans break him into the NFL and give him his lessons just to go to another team to reap the benefits of our investment. His hamstring issues have been unfortunate but hopefully he will be able to stay on the field next season. Hamstring injuries are pretty tricky.

Vinny said:
Hollings isn't going anywhere. He was considered a project from the start and he is just now at the point where he understands everything I think. No way the Texans break him into the NFL and give him his lessons just to go to another team to reap the benefits of our investment. His hamstring issues have been unfortunate but hopefully he will be able to stay on the field next season. Hamstring injuries are pretty tricky.

Yep get him through this season and then maybe in the off season he can take care of that nast injury. :bouncey:

Getting rid of him is premature. I can't see it happening and despite the fact that I have a sinking feeling about him being a bad decision I don't want to see it happen. I'm starting to think that he's not going to pan out but I would really hate to see us give up on him too soon and have him come through for someone else.

The only thing worse than Hollings not panning out would be Hollings getting cut too soon and then panning out for another team.

Back