Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Titans to wear Oilers throwback uniforms vs Texans?

Go for it. Nobody in Tennessee has any history with the Oilers. Luv Ya Blue has no inherent emotional value for them. It's just another marketing ploy. To me it just dilutes the identity and brand of the Titans.

Way to dry hump the corpse of a once great franchise, Amy. The only people that ever cared about the Oilers brand lives in Houston and hates your family's greed and duplicity.

Go for it. Nobody in Tennessee has any history with the Oilers. Luv Ya Blue has no inherent emotional value for them. It's just another marketing ploy. To me it just dilutes the identity and brand of the Titans.

Way to dry hump the corpse of a once great franchise, Amy. The only people that ever cared about the Oilers brand lives in Houston and hates your family's greed and duplicity.

I can not "like" this post enough. If they do wear the Oiler uniforms, I may just have to skip the ******* game.

Meh, gimmick. Just like when I saw the story a few months ago.

They need something to make themselves feel better and try to troll a rival.

They don't make me mad. I moved on from the Oilers the moment they went to Tennessee... they can keep'em

If history of disappointment and coulda beens and never was is what I wanted to cling to.... I've gotten that since 2002 with my new team. I don't need to cling to the further back in time team.

The Oilers are an ex, trying to make you remember the past and make you jealous.

Not gonna work on me.

Hope my Texans beat the snot out of the Oiler wannabe Titans.

Don’t forget about us born and raised Oiler fans outside of Houston, but well said…sentiments could not have been stated any better.

Make it count. I say we play for pink slips.

…..hell, I’d like to see them play for the rights to the Oilers name and color scheme. Announce that and I bet the game would get some national coverage…..take it a step further and play it in Europe so it’s on a neutral site. That covers neutrality and national coverage all in a tidy little package.

I'm still not convinced that the Titans deciding to wear Oilers throw backs, and the Texans leaking info teasing Oilers colors is not related.
Seems too coincidental to me.
Add in John McClain kind of over hyping the Titans decision, and I can't help but think it's all tied together somehow.
And that's not even mentioning Academy selling Oilers hats with Established in 2002 on the side.

Call me crazy.

Might be as simple as the two teams trying to ramp up the rivalry

cc4e2ac267885616a976eb553d76d855.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Back