Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

Titans in Baby Blue vs Texans (Oct. 17)

Vinny

shiny happy fan
The Titans wore their Columbia blue jerseys well in 2003, so they'll try it again this fall – twice more.

The team turned into the league this week its plans to wear the alternate jersey for home games against the Texans (Oct. 17) and the Chiefs (Dec. 13).

Titans owner Bud Adams personally selected those two games because of the organization's ties to Houston and the old AFL, when it competed against the Chiefs and owner Lamar Hunt. The Chiefs game is scheduled as a Monday Night Football telecast.

If you remember, the Titans wore the alternate jerseys — primarily Columbia blue with navy in the shoulders and white numerals — twice last season and won both games, against the Raiders and the Texans.

The Titans have typically worn dark blue jerseys at home and white jerseys on the road.

The NFL began allowing teams to wear an alternate jersey for two games last year.
tennessean.com

What ever uniform the Titans wear, the fact remains, they are the ugliest unis in the NFL.

IIRC Bud chose the light blue color from the U of Kansas where I believe he was a student sometime in the last century. Then again I'm getting old and my memory sometimes fails me.

If a team can wear alternate uni's two games a year, I wonder why we opt for only one. I guess one game a year makes it stand out more?

TheOgre said:
If a team can wear alternate uni's two games a year, I wonder why we opt for only one. I guess one game a year makes it stand out more?
May very well be wrong, but I think they allowed teams to have an alternate uniform for one game and a throwback uniform for one game--we don't have a throwback.

Two games sound good to me. A game against the Titans this year and the Texans/Packers game on ESPN night should be the two games when the Texas go alternate.

SBTexans08 said:
Two games sound good to me. A game against the Titans this year and the Texans/Packers game on ESPN night should be the two games when the Texas go alternate.

The Packers game would be a great game for the red jerseys. :twocents:

infantrycak said:
May very well be wrong, but I think they allowed teams to have an alternate uniform for one game and a throwback uniform for one game--we don't have a throwback.

We could use the old CFL San Antonio Texans jerseys for throwbacks. :bag:

It doesn't matter to me what either team wears when they meet this season just as long as the Meatballs walk out of Reliant stadium wearing a look of defeat when it's over.

They could be wearing that same look when we play in Nashville too. I wouldn't complain about that one bit. Mark my words though, this year we notch a win over Tennessee.

You know what I could see as our second alt? The jerseys the defense has on during training camp. These jerseys look pretty spiffy if I do say so myself. :dancing:
smith_slideshow052004.jpg

BuffSoldier said:
You know what I could see as our second alt? The jerseys the defense has on during training camp. These jerseys look pretty spiffy if I do say so myself. :dancing:
I like the defense's practice jersey's, too

Fiddy said:
Vandemer just said on SR610 that the Battle Red day is against J-ville.

I would have rather us wear them in the Green Bay night game, cause they look sharp and would make a good impression on the national market. :twocents: :bag:

The battle read is good. The defense practice jersey was okay to me, but I like the battle read jersey better. I wonder if Jax has an alternate they will where that day.

Back