Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

TIME TO REBOOT AGAINST THE STEELERS WEEK 3

austins23

Hall of Fame
He threw the ball nine/NINE/9/nueve/ times 2nd half. But keep on being ignorant. Clearly you are lost and blind.
Which tells me he was playing not to lose. Trying to bleed the clock.

Noooo.... best these guys asses! When is the last time this team scored over 30 points??

The passing game was working. I know the Steelers adjusted but that is why he’s the COACH!! Adjust also!! He couldn’t.

otisbean

Veteran
Contributor's Club
This TEAM has always been slow

he should be.
There are 2 things I never want to hear again

1) Tough Smart and Dependable. While those are important, how about athletic? How about adding some speed to the front 7? Whitney, McKinney and Scarlett are as slow as molasses

2) I never want to hear the phrase “relative to” again. Every time I hear OBs stupid voice utter that stupid phrase I throw up in my mouth

76Texan

Hall of Fame
Here is a nice recap of the game with a video breakdown of what Watson was seeing:

https://texansunfiltered.com/articles/watson-watch-volume-16-houston-texans-vs-pittsburgh-steelers
Yupe. Stills needed to keep working on that scrambling drill.
Keep moving toward the QB while finding an open spot if he can.
The catch needed to be contested.
He needed to be like a Center, jogging for position and not letting the defender boxing him out / crossing his face.
They were both looking at the ball; there's no reason why it wasn't a jump ball there.
That was why I said I missed Hopkins.

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
Yupe. Stills needed to keep working on that scrambling drill.
Keep moving toward the QB while finding an open spot if he can.
The catch needed to be contested.
He needed to be like a Center, jogging for position and not letting the defender boxing him out / crossing his face.
They were both looking at the ball; there's no reason why it wasn't a jump ball there.
That was why I said I missed Hopkins.
Agreed, if you're going to throw the ball up for grabs you need Hopkins.

Decim8

Veteran
There are 2 things I never want to hear again

1) Tough Smart and Dependable. While those are important, how about athletic? How about adding some speed to the front 7? Whitney, McKinney and Scarlett are as slow as molasses

2) I never want to hear the phrase “relative to” again. Every time I hear OBs stupid voice utter that stupid phrase I throw up in my mouth
3) "they practice well"

Decim8

Veteran
OB told us going into this season that with the abbreviated preseason the Texans would be in good shape compared to the league as we would be playing mostly veterans and not having to deal with rookies. This is a benefit that should continue to pay dividends as he has traded away so many upcoming draft picks.
Ohhhh thats right, I remember some were using that as an excuse for all the trades OB was doing lol

thunderkyss

Just win baby!!!
Staff member
Contributor's Club
Here is a nice recap of the game with a video breakdown of what Watson was seeing:

https://texansunfiltered.com/articles/watson-watch-volume-16-houston-texans-vs-pittsburgh-steelers
First... that's good stuff. Thanks for sharing. I'll be going through it to see how the safeties rotated through those, to see if that's something Watson "should have known" on the interception at the end of the half.

But this one.

I'd love to know what he was thinking or what he was looking at. Looks like we had a TE going up the seem for a TD, but he chose to throw to Fuller (I think) sneaking into a zone window.

76Texan

Hall of Fame

I'd love to know what he was thinking or what he was looking at. Looks like we had a TE going up the seem for a TD, but he chose to throw to Fuller (I think) sneaking into a zone window.
The Steelers disguised their coverage well.
It looks like Cover 2, then Cover 3, and then back to Cover 2 that might look like a Tampa 2.
It makes the QB think continuously.
I want to say that Watson was reading the SS.
Watson doesn't know for sure what the middle was going to look like.
He just know that if that safety come off of the X, that's where he's going to throw into.
That soft spot that the safety just left has got to be open.

mussop

Hall of Fame
I want him to improve, which he hasn't.

I also want posters to stop making excuses for the 160 million dollar man.

7 bad games in a row isn't all on coaching like the narrative you're trying to put out there.

It's going to be a long 4 yrs.
That’s fine, you’ve given up on him. Cool beans! Until I see him get a chance under a REAL OC and REAL HC in a legit NFL offense I’m not. I’ve seen enough flashes of greatness under this complete **** show to keep me intrigued. 7 years of the same lame BS offense and the one big consistent factor is this head coach and his boring no imagination offense that has failed under multiple nfl QBs.