Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Tim Jernigan is NOT a Texan.

texan279

Hall of Fame
Jernigan lands a one-year deal worth $3.75 million with $1.25 million guaranteed according to his agent Bill Johnson.

Timmy Jernigan has been known as a run-stuffer since arriving at the league in 2014 with Baltimore. He has made his way in the NFL that way with Philadelphia but 2019 was littered with injuries. He is going to have to show he is healthy but with the team unable to take a look at players due to the COVID-19 situation and his deal with the Texans will be complete when he takes a complete physical.

badboy

Hall of Fame
Former offensive players Clint Stoerner and Cecil Shorts love the pick up and think it was Anthony Weaver guided. Great contract. 6'2 295 turns 28 Sept 24th.

banned1976

sleeper mode
Yeah these are the type of player contracts that I prefer with low-cost and High ceiling.
Or at least someone who can be a solid rotation guy on the line. I’m curious to know what CnD’s analysis is on his recent injury woes, what we can expect on that front.

CloakNNNdagger

Hall of Fame
Or at least someone who can be a solid rotation guy on the line. I’m curious to know what CnD’s analysis is on his recent injury woes, what we can expect on that front.
You always worry about a lineman who has had surgery for a cervical disc issue.............it was minimally invasive surgery in May 2018.............essentially returned in week 16, and although his reps were limited by the team, he played pretty well, obtaining a half sack in each of his playoff games. Week 2 last year, he suffered an uncomplicated simple cracked metatarsal foot stress fracture (not a Lisfranc) which required no surgery............when he returned, he was again limited by the team some, but performed well..........and with no apparent recurrent problems with his back.

The Eagles released him because they were looking at an $11 million contract this year. There is a good chance that he has no further problems with either of his previous injuries, and if so, I believe we will have picked up a player that likely picks up where Reader left off.................but a heck of a bargain.

Last edited:

JB

Innocent Bystander
Contributor's Club
You always worry about a lineman who has had surgery for a lumbar disc issue.............it was minimally invasive surgery in May 2018.............essentially returned in week 16, and although his reps were limited by the team, he played pretty well, obtaining a half sack in each of his playoff games. Week 2 last year, he suffered an uncomplicated simple cracked metatarsal foot stress fracture (not a Lisfranc) which required no surgery............when he returned, he was again limited by the team some, but performed well..........and with no apparent recurrent problems with his back.

The Eagles released him because they were looking at an $11 million contract this year. There is a good chance that he has no further problems with either of his previous injuries, and if so, I believe we will have picked up a player that likely picks up where Reader left off.................but a heck of a bargain.
Sounds like good news for once for the Texans ... how strange they could get lucky

Last edited:

Uncle Rico

Ur apology should be as loud as Ur disrespect was
I liked him in college. In the NFL some said he had an attitude issue. If he plays 70% of the snaps or close, it's a good move. If he is 100% and can play like he has in the past, it's an amazing deal. Then either let him go after the season or ink him to a cap friendly deal.
High motor guy. Considering they just gave Brandon Dunn (who? Lol) 12Ms @ 4M per the Jernigan deal looks much better for a much better player and guess what? It was the first contract that Emperor NoBrien utilized provisions! Lol.

Good deal among a swarm of horrible ones.

Lucky

Ride, Captain, Ride!
Staff member
Former offensive players Clint Stoerner and Cecil Shorts love the pick up...
No offense to you, but these radio guys haven't been right about much. Not impressed with Stoerner, especially.
You are feeling very optimistic tonight. :)

Reader showed for every game and played nearly 60% of the snaps. Even a young, healthy Jernigan didn't produce near Reader's level. A smart GM still finds a young nose in this draft.

badboy

Hall of Fame
He’s a 3tech... not a nose? What the
IIRC he never played nose even in college and coming out of Seminoles he was ranked a bit above average. He is just over 6'1 1/2 inches and listed at 295 but has build to hold more if Weaver wants him there. I see him on outside only but remember that Reader played DE frequently. On 610 radio Stoerner and Shorts talked of him playing DE across from Watt and think he will take some attention off JJ.

badboy

Hall of Fame
No offense to you, but these radio guys haven't been right about much. Not impressed with Stoerner, especially.

You are feeling very optimistic tonight. :)

Reader showed for every game and played nearly 60% of the snaps. Even a young, healthy Jernigan didn't produce near Reader's level. A smart GM still finds a young nose in this draft.
texanpride just passing on info not giving sources polygraphs. They are as correct as I am so...

Texansphan

Football connoisseur
You always worry about a lineman who has had surgery for a lumbar disc issue.............it was minimally invasive surgery in May 2018.............essentially returned in week 16, and although his reps were limited by the team, he played pretty well, obtaining a half sack in each of his playoff games. Week 2 last year, he suffered an uncomplicated simple cracked metatarsal foot stress fracture (not a Lisfranc) which required no surgery............when he returned, he was again limited by the team some, but performed well..........and with no apparent recurrent problems with his back.

I think we all hope so Doc.

SnakeEyes

Under NRG
He’s a 3tech... not a nose? What the
Predicted to play DE for the Texans. He is 295lbs not really a NT more of a tweener but nothing wrong with that. We have had a few who can get it done at DT and DE. Plus, it's a base 3-4 D. However, like New England we play a multiple front. It is a 3-4 base and some games it's for 100% of the snaps and others it is for 20%. We also nickel and dime a lot.

badboy

Hall of Fame
Makes sense. The DE opposite Watt is more an UT than DE. The OLB provides the edge rush.
He will not be much as a sacker but hopefully eats up some blockers time. He lifted 225 at combine 27 times and my understanding he has gotten stronger as most vets do. That does sound like Reader.

badboy

Hall of Fame
Predicted to play DE for the Texans. He is 295lbs not really a NT more of a tweener but nothing wrong with that. We have had a few who can get it done at DT and DE. Plus, it's a base 3-4 D. However, like New England we play a multiple front. It is a 3-4 base and some games it's for 100% of the snaps and others it is for 20%. We also nickel and dime a lot.
We as fans as well as we as Texans.

thunderkyss

Just win baby!!!
Staff member
Contributor's Club
He will not be much as a sacker but hopefully eats up some blockers time. He lifted 225 at combine 27 times and my understanding he has gotten stronger as most vets do. That does sound like Reader.
it would be nice to finally find a replacement for the ninja assassin. A base offense can double two guys to keep the QB clean. A third guy who can beat one on one matchups is going to help.

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
get what you pay for generally, who’s to say what comes of this move as opposed to locking up one of the top young NT’s in the game and building around him with cheap upside guys like Jernigan.
That costs money and the McNairs don't do this. But hey, they're winning that salary cap championship.

Uncle Rico

Ur apology should be as loud as Ur disrespect was
it would be nice to finally find a replacement for the ninja assassin. A base offense can double two guys to keep the QB clean. A third guy who can beat one on one matchups is going to help.
Wade Philips 3-4 is not similar to Crennel's 3-4 in the way they play their DL especially.

SnakeEyes

Under NRG
How did Rex Ryan's 3-4 compare to RAC's/Wade's?

I'm hoping that Weaver's defense is more like Rex defense.
Wade plays an odd 3-4, if I recall correctly you have the DLmen in the gap of OL. Meaning a smaller NT/ DT can be used like a DE. In concert with an OLB/s. The idea is to get pressure before the OL can get a body on the DL. I use to have a link to an article about it.