Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

thoughts on a Moss trade

rickyb

Scarlet is hot.
I have Moss.
I have no QB.

I counter-offered Moss for Brady, heads-up, after having received an offer of Jeff Garcia for Chambers & Rhodes. My logic was along the lines of "Garcia has a high price, you obviously thing highly of him. And well you should. How about I offer you a chance to improve your WR corp with the #1 WR in the league. You hold on to a QB1 and add Moss. In return, I need Brady."

It has been said that a good trade needs to hurt a bit.

Let 'er rip. Welcome your thoughts.

I think you should have done the Jeff Garcia for Chamber and Rhodes trade ... but then again, I don't know your full lineup, or your FA options.

I wouldn't trade Moss. He's having a great year. I think if you trade Moss now you'll be regretting it come the end of the season. It'd be like trading Peyton the year he had 49 TDs. You're better off looking to pickup a QB off the waiver wire like Warner, Anderson, Culpepper, Gus Ferotte, Griese, etc., and/or maybe dealing a lesser talent than Moss from your team to get a guy like Big Ben, Eli, or Schaub.

As for Dominic Rhodes I don't think I'd accept him in any trade just because it looks as though Jordan will be the main RB there once he recovers from his back injury. He might not play much this week against SD, but I'm sure he'll get the majority of touches for Oakland the rest of the season.

I thought it was the guy trying to give him Jeff Garcia with Chambers and Rhodes in return. Rhodes is just now playing again from his suspension, and Miami's offense really isn't doing much (Besides Ronnie Brown)

I thought it was the guy trying to give him Jeff Garcia with Chambers and Rhodes in return. Rhodes is just now playing again from his suspension, and Miami's offense really isn't doing much (Besides Ronnie Brown)

You are correct -- I have both Chambers and Rhodes.

He rejected my offer, BTW. I take this to mean that he does not believe in Garcia as his QB1 -- so why should I?

I could not part with Rhodes, in particular, so cheaply. I really believe in Rhodes > any other OAK RB. I would have traded Rhodes (and Chambers) for a Tier1 QB, but the only Tier1 QB this particular team had was Brady, so I felt it necessary to sweeten the ante to avoid insulting him.

I picked up Brian Griese off the waiver wire. Another team grabbed Warner.

So....my team:

QB: Griese, Cutler, JaMarcus
(it's a modified keeper league -- anyone drafted after Round 3 is eligible for a 1 year keeper, I drafted JR in round 17 or 18, can't remember which)
RB: A Green, R Johnson, T Jones, D Rhodes, D Ward, Droughns
WR: R Moss, Chambers, J Walker, Welker, J Jones
TE: McMichaels (big disappointment)
K: K Brown (everyone in my league mocked me when I drafted Kris, but as a Texans fan, I know all too sadly how often our drives stall in the red zone)
D: Jags, Lions.

Question -- what do you think fair value would be for:
a) Brady
b) Favre
c) Palmer

a) Brady
b) Favre
c) Palmer

If your going to trade Moss then you'll want to get a Top Level QB in return. I'd try to see if you can get Brady, although that is unlikely. If that's the case then I'd try to get Palmer or Farve. I'd give a slight edge to Palmer as once Chris Henry comes back from his suspension he could have some monster numbers. Farve isn't a bad option if you can't get Brady or Palmer.

You are correct -- I have both Chambers and Rhodes.

He rejected my offer, BTW. I take this to mean that he does not believe in Garcia as his QB1 -- so why should I?

I could not part with Rhodes, in particular, so cheaply. I really believe in Rhodes > any other OAK RB. I would have traded Rhodes (and Chambers) for a Tier1 QB, but the only Tier1 QB this particular team had was Brady, so I felt it necessary to sweeten the ante to avoid insulting him.

I picked up Brian Griese off the waiver wire. Another team grabbed Warner.

So....my team:

QB: Griese, Cutler, JaMarcus
(it's a modified keeper league -- anyone drafted after Round 3 is eligible for a 1 year keeper, I drafted JR in round 17 or 18, can't remember which)
RB: A Green, R Johnson, T Jones, D Rhodes, D Ward, Droughns
WR: R Moss, Chambers, J Walker, Welker, J Jones
TE: McMichaels (big disappointment)
K: K Brown (everyone in my league mocked me when I drafted Kris, but as a Texans fan, I know all too sadly how often our drives stall in the red zone)
D: Jags, Lions.

a) Brady
b) Favre
c) Palmer

Well, right now, Moss is arguably the best player on your roster, don't shop him around, let other players come to you if they want him, or else you'll be more likely to get ripped off. IMO Chris Chambers value rises with the trade to the Chargers, not this week, but definately next week start expecting at least no. 2 WR numbers from him. What are your FA options for TE, because as long as the Rams continue to struggle, don't look for McMicheals to give you numbers, wait at the most 2 weeks to see how Steven Jacksons return affects his numbers, if still no improvement then cut your losses, I know its a keeper league, so drop Rueban for the time being if theres a decent option at TE to temperarily replace McMicheals. I'd stick with Griese for now. How many of each position are you supposed to put in your lineup?

Whats the reasoning for the Lions D?

Well, right now, Moss is arguably the best player on your roster, don't shop him around, let other players come to you if they want him, or else you'll be more likely to get ripped off. IMO Chris Chambers value rises with the trade to the Chargers, not this week, but definately next week start expecting at least no. 2 WR numbers from him. What are your FA options for TE, because as long as the Rams continue to struggle, don't look for McMicheals to give you numbers, wait at the most 2 weeks to see how Steven Jacksons return affects his numbers, if still no improvement then cut your losses, I know its a keeper league, so drop Rueban for the time being if theres a decent option at TE to temperarily replace McMicheals. I'd stick with Griese for now. How many of each position are you supposed to put in your lineup?

Whats the reasoning for the Lions D?

Yeah, the Lions D was a ww pickup b/c they were scoring a lot of points.

I have the same plan for McMichaels as you suggest. STL has really farted in church, I don't think many people predicted that this year.

Griese is my man for now.

to answer your question on starting lineup:
QB1
RB1
WR1
3 RB/WR
TE
D
K

Back