Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

The USFL is coming back!

I never saw (or don't remember ) Sloter play. Who was he with?
He was the starting quarterback for the New Orleans Breakers. His play for them started off well the first two games of the season but suffered some nagging injuries and his play went down after that. He threw a lot of interceptions.

If you want to see some highlights of him in NFL preseason games look him up on Youtube? He played for both the Broncos and the Vikings and looked a lot like Case Cookus looked in the USFL. I just knew he would excel in the new USFL but he did not. I am a fan for underdogs and his story is definitely one of a true underdog.

Last edited:
Reactions: JB
The Gamblers will move their home base to Memphis and share with the Memphis Showboats next season. Memphis and Houston are the only two stationed in Memphis for 2023, I haven't heard if any of the other teams have starting moving to their home cities yet. Eventually they'll try to move the Gamblers to Houston at some point, but how many tickets are going to get sold between the Gamblers and Roughnecks?

One of my former Boy Scouts has been signed by the Memphis Showboats.

Is a showboat the same thing as a motorboat?

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

The schedule has been released, with TV coverage, for the USFL 2023 season. A lot of the games will be on NBC and FOX making this league easier to follow on TV. You'll also need access to USA and FS1.

https://fbschedules.com/2023-usfl-schedule/
For the 2023 season, Birmingham and New Orleans will play their home games at Protective Stadium in Birmingham, Ala., while Houston and Memphis will play at Simmons Bank Liberty Stadium in Memphis, Tenn.

That sucks!

For the 2023 season, Birmingham and New Orleans will play their home games at Protective Stadium in Birmingham, Ala., while Houston and Memphis will play at Simmons Bank Liberty Stadium in Memphis, Tenn.

That sucks!

This year they have four "home bases" for the 8 teams, last year they played all their games in the same city. Maybe next year the Gamblers move to Houston. I wonder which stadium they'll play in? The XFL and USFL seasons overlap in April, so if they play in the U of H stadium like the Roughnecks, scheduling might be an issue there.

If indeed both the leagues survive this year and come back next year, that'll be a first. I hope they do, makes the spring season a little easier if there is some football on TV, even if it's the minor leagues.

Reactions: JB
So I'm watching Michigan vs N.O. Mike Nolan is the worst coach ever. He shouldn't even by coaching minor league football. The 4th quarter just started and he's already pissed away all his 2nd half timeouts on bonehead decisions that made zero sense in a one score game which his team is trailing. Did he do this in San Fran? I wonder what his S2 score is? I can't believe his team is still in this.

Last edited:
Back