Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

The Texans and Colts....

rmouse511

Practice Squad
I want to get your input about the game this coming Sunday. I don't think either team has ability to blow the others out of the dome. I am a die hard colts fan and also I consider myself to be somewhat formidable to talk to. I do believe this game like many others will be an offense showdown. I know, and you know we aren't going to keep you from the end zone as for our defense is extremely inadequate, and I also know your defense has it's weakness’s as well. A.J. scares me, he can man handle our corners but I am hoping the addition of sanders will at least install some fear in the guys cutting across the middle of the field. Somehow our team isn't as terrible stopping the run, and in fact are ranked somewhat high in stopping the run, but with a good QB like Carr the play action may cause us some problems beyond the ones we already have. After sitting through Monday nights game I hope we punt every ball out of bounds, regardless of where it leaves you on the field, a play from scrimmage is better than you kicking it back to us on the next play. I also am behind on my homework, how is Dom feeling this week?. He is a great RB, I had him in fantasy football, and know he is capable of causing our defense a headache. Either way just want to lurk this week and talk some football, I have no intention of talking smack, nor calling anyone names, so I hope to hear from you all in the next few days. :coolb:

Yeah..after watching your special teams play on Monday...I couldn't help but think that JJ Moses (our returner) may have a good day against you guys. I am though, very worried about Freeney...and your three quality recievers.
My question to you is...Do you guys use a lot of no-huddle offense like you did against the Vikings?

yes we do use a lot of no huddle. I can think of three games this year where manning has continued with the no-huddle and caught a defensive player trying to sub and snapped with 12 on the field. I am sure your guys are prepared for it, and I am shocked that the Vikes didn't seem to be prepared for it. Freeney was awesome Monday night, but I did see us once overloading freeney's side to make the tackle commit. We would stack freeney and sanders both apparently blitzing over the tackle. Sanders is also very very fast. The problem with freeney is he takes himself out of the game a lot as well. IN counter running plays, he will charge so hard upfield that he virtually is taken out of the play. :shocked

Yeah freeney is fast i saw him get a WAY early start on maonday and sack Culpepper, it was obvious off sides, but he still has great speed and hands ! Also that was just terrible coverage by yalls special teams i guess they figured he'd fair carch it since all your guys were surrounding him, something for them to learn from ! As far as the game goes i dont know what to think since our big let down in Denver last week, and considering yall are 4-0 against us BUT we are a much improved team filled with talent, so it should be a good game ! GOOD LUCK

rmouse511 said:
After sitting through Monday nights game I hope we punt every ball out of bounds, regardless of where it leaves you on the field, a play from scrimmage is better than you kicking it back to us on the next play. QUOTE]

Don't worry about our return team. We usaually block in the back or hold or something to wipe out a good return.

The guy I am worried about the most is Stokely. I just hope we can stay on the field offensively to keep your offense off the field. I am hoping we can take a page out of Jvilles book.

That second jacksonville game was a disaster. You guys know what I am talking about, where your team seems sluggish and leaves you yelling what in the hell are you doing??. It was the case of us on the week after a bye, and we never play well after a bye. No excuses though, they handled us, as did the chiefs. I know around here as we where leaving the dome, the radio personality here kept saying houston is bigger than the monday night game against the Vikes. Hopefully all the fans and team listened. I was at the game on MOnday night, but someone told me that it was hard to hear the announcers over the crowd it that true?. I am sure you get that kinda noise in your place, and our fans are starting to learn it's okay to yell. :rofl:

Our fans are starting to learn the same thing. It is quickly becoming one of the noisiest places to play in the league. You could hear the MNF announcers so maybe they were trying to hear the game while at the game. Even though we laid an egg in Denver, I do believe our defense will be ready to play this weekend and I believe we will be much harder to play than the Vikes.

Sup Colts fan. Good win on Monday night. I am definitely "hoping" for a great game on Sunday. The Texas were really on a roll and gaining serious confidence going 4-1 over thier last 5 games before hitting the Denver wall. A good butt whoopin will really bring a team back to ground zero in a hurry. I think we are all just really anxious to see how this team responds. If we can bounce back, show some heart, and pull off the upset.... then the Texans will be in it till the end. Dom Capers has a big job of getting our guys re-focused this week. The only problem is we are playing your team...the Colts. These dudes are hard to stop on offense... not good for a D that just gave up 4 touchdown passess to Jake Plummer. (I still think that game was a trap... Denver just doesnt lose 3 in a row at home) I think for us to have a chance this week... we have to be atleast +2 in the turnover ratio. Can't afford to give the Colts offense any extra tries.

Either way... I am confident these Texans have a bright future... so you better get that defense fixed...cuz we are going to be the team to beat here pretty soon!! :coolb:

Heres to an injury free game.

GO TEXANS!!!!!!!!!!!

rmouse511 said:
That second jacksonville game was a disaster. You guys know what I am talking about, where your team seems sluggish and leaves you yelling what in the hell are you doing??. It was the case of us on the week after a bye, and we never play well after a bye. No excuses though, they handled us, as did the chiefs. I know around here as we where leaving the dome, the radio personality here kept saying houston is bigger than the monday night game against the Vikes. Hopefully all the fans and team listened. I was at the game on MOnday night, but someone told me that it was hard to hear the announcers over the crowd it that true?. I am sure you get that kinda noise in your place, and our fans are starting to learn it's okay to yell. :rofl:

Its true. In our division every game is important now since everyone is piling up at the top. At this point if you want to win the division, you better win the division games.

The Texans can win this game. Jag's fans everywhere are counting on ya. =) However it is going to have to be time to run the ball and keep their defense out there. If you get into a shoot out..its over and the Colts will go home winners.

we gotta score early.. and we gotta score often.. we got to keep indi moving the ball through the air, cause that is our only real chance to produce turnovers.. and without turnovers this will be a hard game to win.

In a nutshell, the key to this game for both teams can be found in this short quote by Tony Dungy:

"Hopefully we can rush (Carr) well and force them to throw fast and be able to have some good, tight coverage on them.”

If Carr has time to throw, the Texans passing game will be effective. You can try to control clock all you want in this one, but all that means is that we will be down 14-0 after the first two drives and have to go to the pass anyway.

I think the key to this game will be Time of Possession. Whoever can keep their Defense on the bench longest will have the best opportunity to win.

That being said, the Colts TOP stinks this year. But they do tend to score rather quickly at times. Three and out sometimes means TD for the Colts. During the Vikings game I recall one drive where they made a first down every other play. No third down conversion needed.

The Colts had an 8 minute TOP advantage with the Vikings. Maybe they learned something.

Richard

i think the colts cant help but score fast, its manning style to throw the long ball for a td, but E. James did look good last game so if the colts can get him going could mean big trouble for the Texans !

Back