Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

The Texans' 5-6

Double Barrel

Texans Talk Admin
Staff member
Contributor's Club
At 5-6, there are EIGHTEEN other NFL teams with the same or worse record than our Texans!!

There are FOURTEEN teams with WORSE records!

Just three years into it, and we are looking great! We are on our way up, while a lot of teams are on their way down!

The glass is half full, folks! :thumbup

we should win at LEAST 2 more games this season giving us a 7-9 record at worst. Three years of continued improvement

2002 4-12
2003 5-11
2004 7-9 ??

we are only getting better and hopefully with another draft and off season to acquire some free agents we will be in the playoff mix next season.

We should be favored against the Browns and it should be close to a Pick 'em against the Bears. For some reason that Bears game scares me. Those are the type of games we find a way to lose. If we beat them, that will be our first road win against a NFC team.

If we take care of business, we should be at least 7-9.

GeauxTexans said:
we should win at LEAST 2 more games this season giving us a 7-9 record at worst. Three years of continued improvement

2002 4-12
2003 5-11
2004 7-9 ??

we are only getting better and hopefully with another draft and off season to acquire some free agents we will be in the playoff mix next season.

I'm probably in the minority here, but if we can't contend for a playoff spot, I would like to see us just win one more and go 6-10 and still draft in the first half of the first round. Have a better chance at a player that could really help us, and then make a run at the post season next year.

FILO_girl said:
I posted at the beginning of the season 8-8. Still think it is attainable.

yes 8-8 is still very possible, maybe those losing games were just our down time, and maybe we will win 4 out of 5 again ! Could happen , but with how optimstic i am i say we win the next 5 in a row ! :banana:

i'm predicting around hmmmm 10-6 or 5-11 i dont want anything in between,,, cause then we have no play-offs and near of good draft pick, or play offs and prolly lose in the first round !!!!

Realisticly prolly 8-8 !

Ok, so I don't really count on this happening but I'm honestly going to say that we're going to finish 10-6 until the Texans (and their opponents) prove otherwise. I watch every Texans game with the unwavering belief that we're going to win it so that's really not much of a stretch.

Maybe that's why I take it so damned hard when they lose a game.

I am beginning to wish that we were an NFC team so we would definitely make the playoffs this year at 7-9. :heh:

I see every game from here out being 'win-able'. The Colts actually are the only team I see giving us a very challenging game for the rest of the season.

but I am just a 'HOMER' that way. :hmmm:

V Man said:
I'm probably in the minority here, but if we can't contend for a playoff spot, I would like to see us just win one more and go 6-10 and still draft in the first half of the first round. Have a better chance at a player that could really help us, and then make a run at the post season next year.

If we finish too bad it would be more difflicult to attract a top FA or keep the ones we have. I would think it would better to aquire some top FA's for the next couple years, than to draft an upper pick whom we would have to pay as much as a FA, but would have to wait for the results. IMO winning every game is important.

I picked us to go 8-8 give or take a game. I'd like to see us win at least two more games. I'd rather see us make progress than get a better draft position.

rittenhouserobz said:
If we finish too bad it would be more difflicult to attract a top FA or keep the ones we have. I would think it would better to aquire some top FA's for the next couple years, than to draft an upper pick whom we would have to pay as much as a FA, but would have to wait for the results. IMO winning every game is important.

I agree with this all the way. I don't believe there is any rookie out there that we need that desperately to change our ball club. Any rookie we get will probably not start automatically so might as well not spend that much on him. For cap sake we need to stay out of the top 10. Look at what Pittsburgh got at #11.

Whether we win or lose the next 5 games, I want it to be a solid game where we see a few things, such as:

A) Solid running game
B) Solid pass rush while still being effective against the run

I don't want some dinky weirdo games that don't make any sense but we win anyway despite sucking for four quarters.

TexanExile said:
I think I'd only really be disappointed if we lost to a Jeff George-QB'd team.

Ugh.

:rofl:

Yeah, that really would suck!

I'll be 'satisfied' if we go 6-10 (just because we'd be improving every year so far...as long as that win was over Jeff George! :whew )

Content if we end up 7-9.

Happy at 8-8.

Stoked with 9-7.

And ecstatic with 10-6 (which would really suck to have and still miss a playoff spot!...especially if an NFC team got in with a 7-9 record!!)

TexanExile said:
I think I'd only really be disappointed if we lost to a Jeff George-QB'd team.

Ugh.
I'll second that. Hate to threadjack but I can't believe that there wasn't ANYONE available that was a more appealing option to the Bears than him. Is this an indication of the lack of talent at the qb position these days?

To keep this on thread... I'd say that 8-8 would be a very successful season for a third year team.

actually many teams have one QB that is on the old side for mentoring the younger ones. And since the bears have grossman(hurt), krenzel, and hutchinson, he is the fourth QB. How many others could you find that may actually have some experience? And the texans need 3 more wins to say the year was successful, which is different from improving.

Back