Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

The six pack!

Str8tupg42k1

Waterboy
Do any of ya'll remember the six pack (i believe thats what the jaguars tried to name it) last year (03) When the Texans sent the linebackers into the blitz leaving them open for the run. Do any of ya'll think that we will see any of this again this year? :soldier:

The 6 linebacker formation will still be around. We can shift any of our lineman to the nose and drop Babins and Wong or Peek as ends against certain down and distance situations while keeping 4 other linebackers and 4 DB's in the secondary. I think we will continue to see this formation, but not as much as we did last year. We busted it out mainly because we had so many injuries.

__V__ said:
We busted it out mainly because we had so many injuries.
And because with the injuries we couldnt get any pressure on the QB, so Vangio and Capers decided to increase the overall speed by putting the LBs on the field.

I liked it, but you could be left open for a draw play on 3rd and long.

Fiddy said:
I liked it, but you could be left open for a draw play on 3rd and long.
All 6 don't have to rush. The idea is to disguise where the rush is coming from. Some LB's can stay back to protect the draw. Where that front is vulnerable is a straight ahead run. But that's a low percentage play on 3rd & long regardless of the defensive front.

__V__ said:
The 6 linebacker formation will still be around. We can shift any of our lineman to the nose and drop Babins and Wong or Peek as ends against certain down and distance situations while keeping 4 other linebackers and 4 DB's in the secondary. I think we will continue to see this formation, but not as much as we did last year. We busted it out mainly because we had so many injuries.

There is only one of Babin. :tiptoe:

If Babin drops down we still have more linebackers play behind him. Thats what the 6-LB deal is all about.

Back