Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

The Offense - the 2nd part of the Chargers Game

dgmtexas

Practice Squad
I went back and watched the OL in the 2nd half of the game, I hope this turns out to be the permanent line up, barring injuries of course. I do think within the next 2-3 years, if we address our CB situation, upgrade on a guard, and another pass rusher, we could be close to being a Super Bowl level team. Watson is indeed our QB for the next decade,

if-yall-would-stop-counting-your-chickens-before-they-hatch-16198624.png

I went back and watched the OL in the 2nd half of the game, I hope this turns out to be the permanent line up, barring injuries of course. I do think within the next 2-3 years, if we address our CB situation, upgrade on a guard, and another pass rusher, we could be close to being a Super Bowl level team. Watson is indeed our QB for the next decade,
In the NFL nothing is given next year. Free agency, injuries etc. Year to year league. The constants have solid HCs and darn good QBs. We have one for sure. For what two years.

I remember when steve slaton was the future

In the last two games and the first half on the Chargets, they looked very slow to play. The second half the tempo seemed to pick up. Reminded me of the first few games DW4 played. Seemed like you needed a calculator to keep up. Need to get back to that sense of urgency and flamboyant s.

While I love the positive attitude, Luck and the Dolts proved this year that you can all the pieces in place for a Super Bowl team and then watch it all collapse. Right now I’d just be happy if the line keeps improving and the play calling keeps letting Watson shine.

While I love the positive attitude, Luck and the Dolts proved this year that you can all the pieces in place for a Super Bowl team and then watch it all collapse. Right now I’d just be happy if the line keeps improving and the play calling keeps letting Watson shine.
They will keep improving, we have two 1st round, two second round and a 6th round pick on the front line, all the pieces are in place, they'll look better every game going forward

In the last two games and the first half on the Chargets, they looked very slow to play. The second half the tempo seemed to pick up. Reminded me of the first few games DW4 played. Seemed like you needed a calculator to keep up. Need to get back to that sense of urgency and flamboyant s.

That half against the Chargers …. Watson was able to stand in the pocket and survey the field , first time he's ever really had that luxury.

The biggest problem I see is that the more time you give him , the more time he will take … with the expectation that he can make a play with his feet if need be. Sometimes I wish he would just take that first opening and move on to the next play.

Get that stuff in the draft. Oh, wait ...

They could trade into the late 1st and sign a guy like Robertson to play CB. Using their 2nd/3rd. I also like the other CB from OSU Arnette, he could be had without trading up.

This isn't a great edge class. Lewis from Alabama is really talented and might be there in the 3rd due to injury concerns.

Then use their other 3rd to draft an edge.

That half against the Chargers …. Watson was able to stand in the pocket and survey the field , first time he's ever really had that luxury.

The biggest problem I see is that the more time you give him , the more time he will take … with the expectation that he can make a play with his feet if need be. Sometimes I wish he would just take that first opening and move on to the next play.

That wasn't his first time brother. In his rookie year people were raving about how Watson went threw his progressions. It was mainly because defenses were threatened by his running abilities.

OB does have a long history of playing a game of two halves on offense and also due to his 'gameplan offense' philosophy what you see one week doesnt get repeated.

Id caution against imagining he had some epiphany at half time in LA and we are 30 minutes into some bright new dawn.

Back