Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

The Jags Game Is Gonna Be Crazy!

RTP2110

All Pro
I think the next game against Jacksonville has the potential to be one of the loudest and craziest games of the year for a few reason.

1. The Texans will be coming home off of a road win. The last time that happened was the Oakland game, and that game was LOUD.

2. They just beat Tennesee for the first time ever. The fans will be really pumped because of that.

3. The fans will be football starved and ready to go coming off a bye week.

4. It's Jacksonville, probably our biggest rival so far.

5. The game will mean something in the division. The previous JAX games were a battle of cellar dwellers. This time second place could be on the line.

6. It's on Halloween.

7. It's Battle Red Day!!!

Add all that in with the fact that we might, just might be celebarting a World Series championship by then if things go right, and I think this game has all the makings to be a wild and crazy one. Let's hope so.

What about we "arrange" a deal? :rofl:

The Texans win next game..and then lost the next one..and the Jags lost the next one as well...meanwhile the Titans defeat the Vikings :woot and then Chicago.

Could be nice to have things somehow tied in the division..of course I am not forgeting you have 1/2 game advantage since we lost against your team and the kitties...but then things can turn more exciting don't you all think? :woot

Titanico said:
What about we "arrange" a deal? :rofl:

The Texans win next game..and then lost the next one..and the Jags lost the next one as well...meanwhile the Titans defeat the Vikings :woot and then Chicago.

Could be nice to have things somehow tied in the division..of course I am not forgeting you have 1/2 game advantage since we lost against your team and the kitties...but then things can turn more exciting don't you all think? :woot

The Vikings are going to be tough for you guys. Just hope that Moss is out with whatever injury he suffered during the Saints game. Take it from us that Marcus Robinson is definately a threat at WR. Our teams essientially battled it out in the air and lost in OT. Just make sure Woolfolk doesn't cover anyone important on the Vikings Defense. Seriously put Bullock on the 3rd WR and keep Woolfolk off the field entirely or you'd get lit up. Chicago has played tough, but they're hurting and I think you'll be able to take that game. Culpeppers gone for 5TDs in his last 2 games, and has gone for 3 games at 5TD all year. You'll definately have your hands full considering the trouble you had with Houston's passing attack last week. Good Luck!

The division will look like this in two weeks after the Texans play the Jags

5-1 Indianapolis
4-3 Houston
4-3 Jacksonville
2-5 Tennessee

Reliant will have to be rocking like never before when the Jags come to town because a) They're a good team that finds a way to win and b) The Texans and Jags are both pushing to become the next big thing in the AFC South. losing to the other team is unthinkable if you want to prove that you've turned a corner. We're not just playing for second place. We're playing to prove that we're for real. So are they. The loser of this game is going to be spending the next couple of weeks trying to prove that they belong among the "good" teams.

We need noise at Reliant, we need monster, going home with your ears ringing, and can't talk on Monday morning type noise. Both the Texans AND the fans need to come to that game SEEING RED.

alright guys if you want to start a list here of who wants the music turned up for the intros to get everyone pumped, and have them make a video type thing explaining when to get loud, post your first name and section here and I will send it to the correct person, I'll start

Matt and Jeff-Section 137

The division will look like this in two weeks after the Texans play the Jags

5-1 Indianapolis
4-3 Houston
4-3 Jacksonville
2-5 Tennessee

I agree that the Texans will be 4-3 but the Jags will be 4-4 after the Texans play the Jags at the conclusion of Week 8.

At the end of Week 8 I'm guessing that TN will be 3-5 after losing to MN and breaking through with their first home victory of the season against the Return of the Bungles. Indy will likely beat Jax next week but they could fall flat at KC for a 6-2 record after Week 8.

So I guess what I'm saying is that after Week 8 I see it like this:

Indy 6-2
Hou 4-3
Jax 4-4
Ten 3-5

You're right. I was so busy throwing losses on our division rivals that I forgot the most important one. aj's got it down the way I wanted to do it.

texansfan88 said:
alright guys if you want to start a list here of who wants the music turned up for the intros to get everyone pumped, and have them make a video type thing explaining when to get loud, post your first name and section here and I will send it to the correct person, I'll start

Is the Texan front office checking this ? Fans are doing pretty good on win to get loud, but... CRANK IT UP. I would rather cue the crowd to shout "THUNDER" during "thunderstruck". Bret, Pam and Casey -634

Texan Gal 312 said:
Is the Texan front office checking this ?

Yes the Texans front office and the chronicle writers check the MB--for evidence see today's Chronicle article about Palmer mocking the internet fans calling for his head.

I really hate the Jaguars...I want this win bad.
We all remember the Jimmy Redmond cheap hit last year:
photo7.jpg

I wouldn't mind a little "payback"!
photo5.jpg

TEXANS84 said:
I really hate the Jaguars...I want this win bad.
We all remember the Jimmy Redmond cheap hit last year:
photo7.jpg

I wouldn't mind a little "payback"!
photo5.jpg
That is an awesome picutre. lol:

STEEL BLUE TEXANS said:
Titans beat the Vikings? ROTFLMAO!

Anything can happen in the NFL. That game will be a difficult but not an impossible task. Had you seen the Vikings defense? If you haven't...then you are missing the point somewhere.

:popcorn:

Titanico said:
Anything can happen in the NFL. That game will be a difficult but not an impossible task. Had you seen the Vikings defense? If you haven't...then you are missing the point somewhere.

:popcorn:

Of course we've seen the Titans defense, but if your WR play anything like they did against us on Sunday then you'll be in for a long day of "Culpepper to so and so for a TD" calls. Luckily you'll see less of Moss, but he'll be in on goaline plays. The Vikings are well stocked with ammunition for a shootout, and I'm not sure if the Titans are equally stocked. McNair will have to play a flawless game to get the win for the Titans, whereas Culpepper can still make a couple mistakes and win. Especially if he throws for 5 TD passes again.

Of course I have seen the Vikings defense. The Texans did play them you know. The real question is, "Have you seen their OFFENSE?" McNair won't be able to keep up with Culpepper in a shootout and your defense won't stop them from scoring.

STEEL BLUE TEXANS said:
Of course I have seen the Vikings defense. The Texans did play them you know. The real question is, "Have you seen their OFFENSE?" McNair won't be able to keep up with Culpepper in a shootout and your defense won't stop them from scoring.
Yeah..since Culppeper has dept in that department and we haven't got much of that. The Vikings offense is explosive, yeah, I saw that as well.

Randy Moss is questionable, but Robinson is being a very reliable wide.reciever for them.

I know that our secondary has to play a heck of a game.

I have a few emails that told me to let them know what the fans think...since only 1 person has put their first name and section however, i might not send it

texansfan88 said:
I have a few emails that told me to let them know what the fans think...since only 1 person has put their first name and section however, i might not send it

They monitor the MB. Don't have any inside information about that, but not a big leap since they quoted things from here after just about every week last year. JMO, but if people express their opinions here, the Texans will hear them.

infantrycak said:
They monitor the MB. Don't have any inside information about that, but not a big leap since they quoted things from here after just about every week last year. JMO, but if people express their opinions here, the Texans will hear them.
just following orders...

texansfan88 said:

I totally agree...the volume has to be cranked up!!! It has gotten a little better since opening day..but it still needs to be turned up A LOT in order to get the crowd even more pumped. If they could crank it up as loud as we get in the stands....Reliant would be ROCKING!!!

Back