59 Texans Ruke Orhorhoro DT Clemson
86 Texans (from PHI) Kamren Kinchens S Miami
123 Texans (from CLE) Brandon Coleman OT/G TCU
127 Texans Will Shipley RB Clemson
188 Texans (from LV) Jaylen Harrell Edge Michigan
189 Texans (from DEN) Nathaniel Watson LB Miss. State
238 Texans (from NO) Bayron Matos G Dom. Republic

OK, what is a Bayron Matos?

So Matos is a 6'9" former basketball player for New Mexico and South Florida that never played in a college football game. Ran a 4.88 forty at his workout at 290 lbs.

My favorite picks out of this draft are the 4th rounders, Coleman and Shipley. @steelbtexan , don't trade away these 4th rounders.

Last edited:
Not bad. I've got no issues with the Clemson "trash," any more than the Miami trash or the Michigan trash. I like the 3rd and 4th rounds best in this draft.

But Mike S at 42 is a bit rich for me. 59 I'd be a little happier with...and Mike seems more slot corner than an outside corner to me. Maybe I'm wrong. I study these guys as well as I can given the time I have, but I'm not a film freak or anything like that, so y'all can tell me if I'm wrong on that assessment.

I'd like to fill outside corner #2 before messing around with slot, but in a pinch I'd be ok with Mike S at #42 if that's what Demeco thinks is best. He's a good overall player, I just think we've got a couple of guys on the roster that can hold that fort down.

And why would you draft a guy who's never played College football? If he fits the athletic profile and you think you can work with him, sign him as a UDFA and stash him for a year or two on the PS.

This will make some happy.

The Texans selections:

42 Texans (from MIN) Mike Sainristil CB Michigan

So Matos is a 6'9" former basketball player for New Mexico and South Florida that never played in a college football game. Ran a 4.88 forty at his workout at 290 lbs.

My favorite picks out of this draft are the 4th rounders, Coleman and Shipley. @steelbtexan , don't trade away these 4th rounders.
Depends on what Steelbtexan can get for those round fours!

And why would you draft a guy who's never played College football? If he fits the athletic profile and you think you can work with him, sign him as a UDFA and stash him for a year or two on the PS.
Becasue ever since Antonio Gates went from UDFA to HoF'er you cant count on those guys being available as UDFAs. If you think he can play, I see no harm in spending a 6th to lock him up

Not bad. I've got no issues with the Clemson "trash," any more than the Miami trash or the Michigan trash. I like the 3rd and 4th rounds best in this draft.

But Mike S at 42 is a bit rich for me. 59 I'd be a little happier with...and Mike seems more slot corner than an outside corner to me. Maybe I'm wrong. I study these guys as well as I can given the time I have, but I'm not a film freak or anything like that, so y'all can tell me if I'm wrong on that assessment.

I'd like to fill outside corner #2 before messing around with slot, but in a pinch I'd be ok with Mike S at #42 if that's what Demeco thinks is best. He's a good overall player, I just think we've got a couple of guys on the roster that can hold that fort down.
Hope you enjoyed the Derrick, Hopkins yrs. I didn't.

Outside CB2 has been filled. You just don't like how it's been filled. Slot and S are really big holes. It's why they've brought in slots like Rakestraw and Sainristil.

Also they've brought in a lot of S. As somebody said, a stud slot is worth their weight in gold. You can always zone one side of the field if you don't like Okudah. Fact is Ryans liked Okudah over Nelson and you disagree with Ryans.

Depends on what Steelbtexan can get for those round fours!
I would trade the rest of the picks or a future pick with 4-123 to move up for another top 100 picks I'm looking at getting 4 long term starters out of this draft

I would trade the rest of the picks or a future pick with 4-123 to move up for another top 100 picks I'm looking at getting 4 long term starters out of this draft

If you draft undervalued/stacked positions, you can come away with two starters or two good depth pieces at worst. Just choose some combo of WR, RB, OT, or S, and you'll have a good shot at landing two valuable pieces.

after round 1 the placement at different podcast and websites have players all over the board. I have seen Sainristil as high as 42 and as low as late round three. Khyrie Jackson is flipped on some from 59 to early Round 4. Same with CB Kris Abrams-Draine, LBs Payton Wilson and Cooper, Legette and Cole Bishop. OT Patrick Paul is stable at around our pick 59.

Hope you enjoyed the Derrick, Hopkins yrs. I didn't.

Outside CB2 has been filled. You just don't like how it's been filled. Slot and S are really big holes. It's why they've brought in slots like Rakestraw and Sainristil.

Also they've brought in a lot of S. As somebody said, a stud slot is worth their weight in gold. You can always zone one side of the field if you don't like Okudah. Fact is Ryans liked Okudah over Nelson and you disagree with Ryans.

I quite liked having a top 5 WR around these parts. I've got no beef with Hopkins personally. But even if I did, I wouldn't blame others who went to the same college for his transgressions. I mean I run across people that rub me the wrong way, and you know what's strange, I don't ask them what school they went to so I can hate all the other people that went to that school. But you do you.

As to the rest...I agree with your assessment of my assessment. While of course...I will defer to Demeco (duh!) I personally don't think it's wise to rely on Okudah as the answer. Health has been a major issue, and it has been with Sting as well. So, now you're relying on two starting corners with a checkered past on the injury front, and when Okudah has been healthy, he's been a nothing burger. So sue me if I think we should have Okudah as a depth piece until/unless he proves himself worthy of the starting corner role. And he's on a patented Nick one year deal anyway. We need to draft a #2 corner. It's right up there with DT on my list of needs in this draft.

And at slot, there's King and the kid we got from the Pats, whose name escapes me. I see those two as competing for slot and that NE kid can also play Safety IIR.

I do have S on my draft wish list as a moderate need, and adding Kinchens would make me a happy camper on that front. He's a bit slower than ideal, but seems like a good player to add to the mix at S.

The Texans selections:

Why OG?

6-9 @ 290 lbs has blocking and Red Zone TE written all over his arse…..not to mention his basketball background. Sign him as an UDFA, stash him on the PS, and development him at TE. Could very well pay dividends in the long run. Also, wouldn’t mind seeing him get down to 265 or 270 pounds during the development process.

Last edited:
I quite liked having a top 5 WR around these parts. I've got no beef with Hopkins personally. But even if I did, I wouldn't blame others who went to the same college for his transgressions. I mean I run across people that rub me the wrong way, and you know what's strange, I don't ask them what school they went to so I can hate all the other people that went to that school. But you do you.

As to the rest...I agree with your assessment of my assessment. While of course...I will defer to Demeco (duh!) I personally don't think it's wise to rely on Okudah as the answer. Health has been a major issue, and it has been with Sting as well. So, now you're relying on two starting corners with a checkered past on the injury front, and when Okudah has been healthy, he's been a nothing burger. So sue me if I think we should have Okudah as a depth piece until/unless he proves himself worthy of the starting corner role. And he's on a patented Nick one year deal anyway. We need to draft a #2 corner. It's right up there with DT on my list of needs in this draft.

And at slot, there's King and the kid we got from the Pats, whose name escapes me. I see those two as competing for slot and that NE kid can also play Safety IIR.

I do have S on my draft wish list as a moderate need, and adding Kinchens would make me a happy camper on that front. He's a bit slower than ideal, but seems like a good player to add to the mix at S.
Good for you, stay far away from Dabo's players. It took 3 years to recover from the South Carolina guys. Pass, notice how the team has gotten better since they finally moved on from them

Like I said Ryans disagrees with your CB room assessment. I do think they will add another CB, I'm just not sure Ryans will put the priority that you do on the need. Now if a guy like DeJean fell to 2-42 I could see him being the pick. I could even see Caserio trading up if Ryans really wants a guy.

If you draft undervalued/stacked positions, you can come away with two starters or two good depth pieces at worst. Just choose some combo of WR, RB, OT, or S, and you'll have a good shot at landing two valuable pieces.
What positions would you consider overvalued and which positions would you consider to be stacked? These 2 are mutually exclusive IMHO.

The Texans selections:

I like this one too.
I also think Nathaniel Watson LB has a chance of making it onto the field for reps - both on STs and in garbage time or injury replacement.

Good for you, stay far away from Dabo's players. It took 3 years to recover from the South Carolina guys. Pass, notice how the team has gotten better since they finally moved on from them

Like I said Ryans disagrees with your CB room assessment. I do think they will add another CB, I'm just not sure Ryans will put the priority that you do on the need. Now if a guy like DeJean fell to 2-42 I could see him being the pick. I could even see Caserio trading up if Ryans really wants a guy.
I can see Nick trading up early on day two.
I imagine several teams will be jockeying for any of their guys still on the board early.

What positions would you consider overvalued and which positions would you consider to be stacked? These 2 are mutually exclusive IMHO.

I think I said undervalued, not overvalued. In any event, take RB as an example. You can get starters on day three at RB. It's an undervalued position. Or you can look at WR in this draft - it's stacked. If you need one, let the board come to you. There is no need to trade up for a WR in this draft, generally speaking. You also aren't guaranteed a starter anywhere. While I can buy an argument that the higher the pick, the more likely he's a starter, this isn't like going to the "starter grocery store" and just loading up your cart with four starters and going to the self-checkout. Look at Diggs. 5th rounder - quickly became a top 10 WR in this league. Rams did it last year at WR in round 5 as well.

I'd rather have more arrows in my quiver, not fewer. And besides that, you need to fill out a roster. Some of those players you're giving up to move up could be core ST guys, etc. I'm just not of the mindset I want 4 starters, period, end of story, because it's unreliable. You could think you're buying filet mignon and end up eating ground chuck.

Lastly, I am not opposed to a strategic trade-up like Will Anderson last year. If your guy is there, and you have a strong conviction AND he can be a difference maker...by all means go for it. But for the love of God...can we stop trading up for the John Metchie's of the world. Those guys grow on trees. Wait for one to fall to you like an apple. Don't get the damn ladder out and grab an apple when there's 50 other apples on the tree just like it. Just be patient - an apple will fall to you.

I think I said undervalued, not overvalued. In any event, take RB as an example. You can get starters on day three at RB. It's an undervalued position. Or you can look at WR in this draft - it's stacked. If you need one, let the board come to you. There is no need to trade up for a WR in this draft, generally speaking. You also aren't guaranteed a starter anywhere. While I can buy an argument that the higher the pick, the more likely he's a starter, this isn't like going to the "starter grocery store" and just loading up your cart with four starters and going to the self-checkout. Look at Diggs. 5th rounder - quickly became a top 10 WR in this league. Rams did it last year at WR in round 5 as well.

I'd rather have more arrows in my quiver, not fewer. And besides that, you need to fill out a roster. Some of those players you're giving up to move up could be core ST guys, etc. I'm just not of the mindset I want 4 starters, period, end of story, because it's unreliable. You could think you're buying filet mignon and end up eating ground chuck.

Lastly, I am not opposed to a strategic trade-up like Will Anderson last year. If your guy is there, and you have a strong conviction AND he can be a difference maker...by all means go for it. But for the love of God...can we stop trading up for the John Metchie's of the world. Those guys grow on trees. Wait for one to fall to you like an apple. Don't get the damn ladder out and grab an apple when there's 50 other apples on the tree just like it. Just be patient - an apple will fall to you.
I. hoping a guy like DeJohn falls to 1-25 and Caserio trades up together because I'm pretty sure he's a difference maker that can play anywhere in the secondary.

I can't believe you think this way after the trading around added 2 star level players and a up and coming guy like Harris

I don't care if Caserio has to trade a 2025 1st. If you tell me Caserio can walk out of this draft with

DeJohn
P. Wilson
Hall Jr
Reihman

I'll take.my chances. Now is the time to be bold.

I saw a mock earlier today with Nick trading up 42 & 86 to Green Bay's 1st pick to select cornerback Nate Wiggins. I like him but think we can get a decent cornerback round 3.

I saw a mock earlier today with Nick trading up 42 & 86 to Green Bay's 1st pick to select cornerback Nate Wiggins. I like him but think we can get a decent cornerback round 3.
Renardo Green is my guy at 2-59. But I would love Bullard at 2-59 and Green at 3-86. I think he can play slot really well and know he can play outside. Sainristil is a guy I like alot at 3-86 and there's a good chance he will be there.

Renardo Green is my guy at 2-59. But I would love Bullard at 2-59 and Green at 3-86. I think he can play slot really well and know he can play outside. Sainristil is a guy I like alot at 3-86 and there's a good chance he will be there.
explain why Mike Sainrisril will be there in 3rd rd pick 86,

If Nick goes BPA, mocks have both Wilson and Cooper round 2 very close and above many If not most other players. OT 4, DT 4, CB 3, SAFETY 6 AND RB 6 all have quality available round 3 and below. 🤔
Does anyone know if Ryans likes LBs? 😉
Over kill? Is there such a thing on defense?

I could see Caserio moving 42 for additional picks (3) in the 70-110 range. I see a lot of the same potential in players from RD3 to RD5…..that represents roughly 112 players.

Poor man’s version of Julian Davenport

Especially if our Dline can get pressure on the QB.

I would be over the moon if Mike Sainristil was selected by the Texans. Love this player
He’s like a stick of dynamite 🧨
https://youtu.be/lfGINnj54wM?si=UAA88YiuYewT0dpg

He’s a swarmer, major leadership qualities, led Michigan defense to the National Championship. Follow the interview with Rich Eisen. Lot of roadblocks to make it to Texans, particularly Lions & Chargers. Texans need to get super lucky, no mod pun intended.

I definitely prefer Green to guys like Tampa and Rakestraw, and I prefer a guy who can play outside instead of slot. Green, Melton and then Philips are the best CBs after the top 5.

Back