Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

The 2006 win over the Colts, was this our best win in all 22 years?

ShinobiMusashi

Waterboy
I think you could make a pretty strong case that it was. Honestly to a man, this was the best team we ever beat, it was a straight up win, they weren't resting their starters, they weren't sick with the flu, they were healthy and playing to win and we took them down(for the first time after going 0-9 against them since we started in 2002). This was Peyton Manning and the 2006 NFL Champions, winners of Super Bowl XLI. Kubiak took them down with Ron Dayne and David Carr. The full game is on youtube as well as a great 12 minute highlight recently put out by NFL throwback if you want to check them out. This was a high point for the team for sure.

I expected a link to the full game video but thank you. That was a great win

Demeco Ryans, Mario Williams, and Dunta Robinson taking down Manning/Harrison/Wayne et al in Houston his Super Bowl year 2006, they were 11-3 coming into that game fighting for a first round bye in the AFC. This loss if I remember correctly made them a wild card team. They had to play KC in the Wild Card round, then beat Baltimore on the road before hosting New England in the AFCCG so we were the last team to beat them that year. Manning 21 of 27, 3 touchdowns, 0 interceptions, never gets sacked, 135. passer rating still loses the game. Ron Dayne had 153 yards and 2 touchdowns, I remember watching the game live as it happened was so happy to finally beat him.

Last edited:
We have won games that had way more on the line, we had some big ones in 2023 that will go down as some of my all time favorites, but to me looking back at this one with 20/20 this was by far the best team we ever beat, and we beat them straight up, and it was a great game with dramatic finish.

Last edited:
I was pulling for the Texans hard to pull off the upset in 2003 Manning's MVP year, the game late in the season when Dominick Davis was kicking ass we really almost had them but lost on a last second field goal. I really believe that the Colts one of the northernmost teams in the AFC was put in the AFC SOUTH just to have the Texans for Manning to pad his stats and become a star, he ripped us pretty hard in some big blowouts in 2002, 2004(the year he broke Marino's record), 2005. Also remember pulling hard for the Texans to get them in the late season rematch in 2005 when they were like 9-1 and we were 1-9, we came back from 21-0 to make it a game but lost 21-14. Then they just obliterated us again early in 2006 in Indy, so yeah this was one of the sweetest wins to finally beat Manning and should be probably at the minimum a top 3 game in 22 years of Texans history.

I was pulling for the Texans hard to pull off the upset in 2003 Manning's MVP year, the game late in the season when Dominick Davis was kicking ass we really almost had them but lost on a last second field goal. I really believe that the Colts one of the northernmost teams in the AFC was put in the AFC SOUTH just to have the Texans for Manning to pad his stats and become a star, he ripped us pretty hard in some big blowouts in 2002, 2004(the year he broke Marino's record), 2005. Also remember pulling hard for the Texans to get them in the late season rematch in 2005 when they were like 9-1 and we were 1-9, we came back from 21-0 to make it a game but lost 21-14. Then they just obliterated us again early in 2006 in Indy, so yeah this was one of the sweetest wins to finally beat Manning and should be probably at the minimum a top 3 game in 22 years of Texans history.

Definitely one of the most important wins in franchise history

Great win….but….it’s hard for me to care about any win in a 6-10 season. It smacks a little of Indy overlooking the Texans.
You should care, appreciate your teams’ monumental moments we had to learn to crawl first, we took the diapers off last year finally

This was our current head coach on the field in our uniform taking down a historically great team and one of the greatest players in NFL history, appreciate and respect your past it molds who you are on the journey, Texans fans are waaaay too jaded about the dark ages(2002-2008), that is why the only way to find any full games from those years is if fans of other teams upload them. Love my team and appreciate it all, I want every game we ever played on my hard drive.

You should care, appreciate your teams’ monumental moments we had to learn to crawl first, we took the diapers off last year finally
A monumental moment would be one whereby the paradigm of the Texans would be changed. I would like to say the Kubiak era was one but they crapped out of that number one playoff seed that was almost impossible to do and Kubiak was monumentally gone that next year. DW could have been one be but he failed monumentally. Our monuments are headstones. The CJ/DMR/NC era gives monumental hope for a change.

The 2002 victory over the Pittsburgh Steelers in Pittsburgh has always been a special Texans game for me. The Texans only needed 47 yards of total offense to beat the playoff bound Steelers on their own field by 18.

Reactions: JB
The 2002 victory over the Pittsburgh Steelers in Pittsburgh has always been a special Texans game for me. The Texans only needed 47 yards of total offense to beat the playoff bound Steelers on their own field by 18.

That game totally amazed me at the time. Punking the Steelers like that in their own stadium was special for this old Oiler fan. For me, that's a very early game that ranks second only to our opening win over Dallas.

Reactions: JB
Back