Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Texas school unveils nation's first red turf high school field

Wolf

100% Texan
Forget Boise State's blue turf. That's been done. New Braunfels (Texas) Canyon High wanted to make a statement with the school's new turf field, so it went with the Cougars' school color: Bright red.

While the red turf makes Canyon's surface a pretty safe bet to be the nation's gaudiest at the moment (or at least one of two, along with Eastern Washington's), that honor may not last long if current plans for a forthcoming field in the Alamodome to accommodate the coming debutant University of Texas San Antonio football program actually evolves as is currently planned. Reports earlier this fall claimed the Roadrunners would use a bright orange field to match their school colors.

ept_sports_prep_rally-555937253-1294790061.jpg

http://rivals.yahoo.com/highschool/...on-s-first-red-turf-hig?urn=highschool-306272

I saw an Eastern Washington game on TV recently. The red turf was surprisingly a whole lot easier on the eyes than Boise's blue turf.

I see colors as well as anybody myself and "HIDEOUS" is just the right word for it. I would think that blue would be far better than red, but I'll let that one go, since I'm too lazy to look for a pic. Green is the way to go.

That place looks like the "House of Hell."

I really hate these colored turfs. I think its an unfair advantage to the home team that they blend into the field when they match it with uniforms. It has to be difficult for the away teams QB to see the opposing players when everything is moving quickly. I will never consider Boise State a MNC contender due to this ridiculous advantage they have at home. I hope the NCAA makes a rule to require green fields in the future.

I really hate these colored turfs. I think its an unfair advantage to the home team that they blend into the field when they match it with uniforms. It has to be difficult for the away teams QB to see the opposing players when everything is moving quickly. I will never consider Boise State a MNC contender due to this ridiculous advantage they have at home. I hope the NCAA makes a rule to require green fields in the future.

Philadelphia Eagles. Green. :choke:

Do you feel the same way about Michigan State?

If this truly provides an advantage, why don't we see more teams with uniforms of "grass green" trimmed in white?

Seems like Boise wins all the big games they win on a green field.

And when you're on the field (at field level) there's no players blending into the field. The opposing team is not playing them looking down at them against the field the way we see it on TV.

Back