Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

TexansTalk Official Rules - Updated

Corrosion

Idealist
Staff member
No personal attacks , insults , name calling - Attack the post , not the poster , just keep it civil. Agree to disagree and walk away or use the ignore feature.

No Spam!

No Adult Content!

This is a family friendly forum - No profanity / foul language. If you wouldn't say it in front of your mother , don't say it here.

Try to stay on topic for the most part and take discussions to the appropriate board sections.

Absolutely No Religious or Political discussion. God(s) , Democrats and Republican's aren't NFL Franchises , it'll get deleted outside of the appropriate section.

Use the report feature for those who break the rules.

Mods aren't in the business of editing posts , if you color outside the lines , don't be surprised if your post is deleted. If you quote a post that's outside the rules , don't be shocked if your post gets removed right along with the original content.

Repeat offenders subject to temporary or permanent ban.

Last edited:

powda

The bridge between stupid and useless is short.
No personal attacks , insults , name calling - Attack the post , not the poster , just keep it civil. Agree to disagree and walk away or use the ignore feature.

No Spam!

No Adult Content!

This is a family friendly forum - No profanity / foul language. If you wouldn't say it in front of your mother , don't say it here.

Try to stay on topic for the most part and take discussions to the appropriate board sections.

Absolutely No Religious or Political discussion. God(s) , Democrats and Republican's aren't NFL Franchises , it'll get deleted outside of the appropriate section.

Use the report feature for those who break the rules.

Mods aren't in the business of editing posts , if you color outside the lines , don't be surprised if your post is deleted. If you quote a post that's outside the rules , don't be shocked if your post gets removed right along with the original content.

Repeat offenders subject to temporary or permeant ban.
Pretty simple.

powda

I've been here a while and in that time I've had a lot of arguments. More then I'd like to admit. In hindsight you often find posters aren't that far apart in opinions. It's likely something minuscule or a poor interpretation by one or both posters. ( I'm just as guilty as anyone.)

Remember, it's easy to lose something in translation or percieve a tone that isnt really there. And once someone slights another both people dig in and it all goes downhill from there...

Before things get truly heated it might be wise to take a step back and couch time it with Freud. Clarify your opinion in new words. Wait/ask for the same in return.

It would likely save you some headache and this mb some storage space.

Texaninlild

Veteran
What is the appropriate section for political discussion? I was digging for NSZ from days gone by and only found fragments.

Corrosion

Idealist
Staff member
Update:

The forum change came with a new feature which we just realized.

Mods can assign warning points , when your total reaches the threshold of 5 , you will receive a two day "time out."

Mods have the option , at their discretion to charge from one to five points per violation and may set them to expire from as little as 1 week to as long as 1 year.

So - 5 points accumulated - 2 days in the corner wearing the dunce hat.

So far , I think only one person has been subject to the temp ban. Lets keep it that way.

Follow the golden rule - Attack the post , not the poster.

Vulgarities are not allowed - don't misspell them to get around the filter.

Absolutely NO religious or political discussion in the main forums.

Texecutioner

Hall of Fame
Update:

Mods can assign warning points , when your total reaches the threshold of 5 , you will receive a two day "time out."

Mods have the option , at their discretion to charge from one to five points per violation and may set them to expire from as little as 1 week to as long as 1 year.

So far , I think only one person has been subject to the temp ban. Lets keep it that way.

Its not like I'm currently getting a bunch of violations or anything, but man this is starting to feel kind of strict. One violation can go all the way up to a 5?

Corrosion

Idealist
Staff member
Its not like I'm currently getting a bunch of violations or anything, but man this is starting to feel kind of strict. One violation can go all the way up to a 5?
Oh man, I’m starting to have flashbacks from another message board I used to know.

The system allows for from 0 an infinite number (something silly like 999999999999) …. to be totally honest.

Mods have generally only given 0-1 point and short durations for expiration (1 week).

We have also discussed the situation and came to the conclusion that the vast majority of infractions will garner no more than 1 point with few exceptions.

This was more or less an FYI , explaining that the feature exists
…. business as usual otherwise. We have no intention of being heavy handed or abusive with the feature.

There have been very few reports in the last few weeks , everybody's playing by the rules for the most part. Nothing to worry about ….

banned1976

sleeper mode
The system allows for from 0 an infinite number (something silly like 999999999999) …. to be totally honest.

Mods have generally only given 0-1 point and short durations for expiration (1 week).

We have also discussed the situation and came to the conclusion that the vast majority of infractions will garner no more than 1 point with few exceptions.

This was more or less an FYI , explaining that the feature exists …. business as usual otherwise. We have no intention of being heavy handed or abusive with the feature.

There have been very few reports in the last few weeks , everybody's playing by the rules for the most part. Nothing to worry about ….
I’m worried. Of course I’m worried! Look at my name, man!!!

powda

Update:

Would posters know what point value they have?

Are infractions based on the opinion of one mod or more?

Corrosion

Idealist
Staff member
Would posters know what point value they have?

Are infractions based on the opinion of one mod or more?

To check your points , mouse over your name in the avatar in any post …. You have none.

Generally only one mod handles a report.

As I said above , we've agreed that 0 or 1 is the general rule with few exceptions - like people we've PM'd multiple times or those who have been warned multiple times via the reports in a short period of time.

Its pretty hard to acquire 5 points before they start expiring when they only last a week.

powda

To check your points , mouse over your name in the avatar in any post …. You have none.

Generally only one mod handles a report.

As I said above , we've agreed that 0 or 1 is the general rule with few exceptions - like people we've PM'd multiple times or those who have been warned multiple times via the reports in a short period of time.

Its pretty hard to acquire 5 points before they start expiring when they only last a week.
Dont get me wrong, I'm in favor of such a system. I just think it would be most effective if a poster knew they were on the verge. Apparently we can see it so cool...

While I think all the mods are pretty reasonable you just know some poster will eventually say a mod has it out for him and is picking on him. Hence my second question...

This is another upgrade I like to be honest.

powda

@Corrosion you are one of my favorite posters here. I love you man. I would never say this to your face because you might beat my ass within an inch of living but...

Yo momma so fat, both her butt cheeks got a zip code.

Does that get a point?

(Damn I really feel bad about saying that. Your moms probably cool as hell. This is purely procedural.)

Corrosion

Idealist
Staff member
@Corrosion you are one of my favorite posters here. I love you man. I would never say this to your face because you might beat my ass within an inch of living but...

Does that get a point?

(Damn I really feel bad about saying that. Your moms probably cool as hell. This is purely procedural.)

That made me laugh ….

If it were serious , it would be deleted and yeah , probably being that its outside the golden rule of attack the post , not the posters momma - get you a point.

Our mission is to keep this place civil , no more of everyone being an idiot , moron or worse if someone disagrees with another ….

We're all entitled to an opinion …. You can tell me why my opinion is wrong , just don't let the insults fly because of a differing opinion.

Hope that makes sense.

powda

I was laughing at that last post and hopefully you are to...

That made me laugh ….

If it were serious , it would be deleted and yeah , probably being that its outside the golden rule of attack the post , not the posters momma - get you a point.

Our mission is to keep this place civil , no more of everyone being an idiot , moron or worse if someone disagrees with another ….

We're all entitled to an opinion …. You can tell me why my opinion is wrong , just don't let the insults fly because of a differing opinion.

Hope that makes sense.

It makes perfect sense.

Yes, I am a smartass and I'm glad you laughed at the last post. Despite that, should we carry on?

What if I said your an ignorant **** whose never watched a day of football in your life?

2 points?

powda

Shouldn't racial or homophobic slurs get more then 1 point or warnings?

Corrosion

Idealist
Staff member
I was laughing at that last post and hopefully you are to...

It makes perfect sense.

Yes, I am a smartass and I'm glad you laughed at the last post. Despite that, should we carry on?

What if I said your an ignorant **** whose never watched a day of football in your life?

2 points?

Probably not two points … unless you had been warned multiple times prior.

Its when we get tired of sending you messages or 0-1 warnings ….

We don't want to ban anyone or put them in time out. We just wanted people to know the feature existed as we didn't even know it did until someone got put in time out for two days.

Shouldn't racial or homophobic slurs get more then 1 point or warnings?
Quite possible that the mod who handles that particular post may give more for egregious insults / slurs. .

powda

I'm not seeing anything egregious in this system. It all sounds pretty reasonable.

Maybe I'm reading between the lines but it also sounds like mods dont want to ban someone unless absolutely necessary...

powda

I'm not seeing anything egregious in this system. It all sounds pretty reasonable.

Maybe I'm reading between the lines but it also sounds like mods dont want to ban someone unless absolutely necessary...
I think I'm on the same page and can endorse it.

I didn't get a point for my last few post did i?

Corrosion

Idealist
Staff member

More often than not we just delete it and move on without sending a warning or handing out points. IF we do send a warning , usually its 0-1 …. and expires in a week.

This just gives us a tool to handle those who refuse to handle themselves should we need it.

I don't think I've given a total of 5 warning points since the changes went live.

I think I'm on the same page and can endorse it.

I didn't get a point for my last few post did i?
No , do you want one ?!

powda

More often than not we just delete it and move on without sending a warning or handing out points. IF we do send a warning , usually its 0-1 …. and expires in a week.

This just gives us a tool to handle those who refuse to handle themselves should we need it.

I don't think I've given a total of 5 warning points since the changes went live.

No , do you want one ?!
I'll take one if its complementary on the house. God knows I deserve it for all the dumb sh*t I've said.

JB

Innocent Bystander
Contributor's Club

Does that get a point?

That's pretty lame and shouldn't earn you anything. However if you wanted one you could call him an arrogant asshole who wouldn't know a football if it hit him in the balls

austins23

Hall of Fame

Does that get a point?

LOL...my favorite one is
"yo momma so fat, she sweats butter!"

powda

In all honesty, can you give us a list of what is acceptable? What constitutes a vulgarity is quite subjective.

I think the hope is that they shouldn't have to go to such lengths. Roughly speaking it's all common sense. Plus theres context.

If I say wtf? No one probably cares.

If I say f*** you poster x someone likely isnt happy.

Mostly its arbitrary. Just do what you've been doing and if we're out of line they'll tells us.

badboy

Hall of Fame
I hope I don't get a point let alone banned: In our conversations with each other it's hilarious to me that we have to have such definition. I would have thought that most of us had graduated ninth grade. If a poster disagrees with me or has a different opinion that does not mean he spit on my penny loafers nor is challenging me to a Gunfight at the ok Corral. If I realize that I have irritated or offended someone I should be Okay with apologizing and moving on. Anyway I just heard the school bell and it's recess time and there is a mud puddle that I want to play in and splash on the others in this message board.

ROO

Tweak the offense already!
Agree with Powda and badboy above.

Well, I'm just disappointed that the board had to resort to this point system with bans and such. About the only thing I have ever seen out of line was when someone refers to genitalia and tells another poster what they can do with it. In my mind, calling O'Brien a bastard or stupid mofo, or saying that the Texans got their asses kicked isn't nearly so bad as calling another poster a racist because that poster doesn't think Watson is a franchise QB.

Anyway, I'll leave it alone, I shouldn't have even brought this up. I just thought the whole thing was a bit much considering that the members here are pretty damn well-behaved.