Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Texansphan's Post FA Texans Mock

Texansphan

Football connoisseur
This was a difficult one that took a bit of working through.
#23. Andre Dillard - OL
#54. Trayvon Mullen - CB
#55. Elgton Jenkins - OC
#86. Jalen Jelks - Edge
#161. Karan Higdon - RB
#195. Isaiah Johnson - CB
#220. Travis Fulgham - WR

1. Strong possibility Dillard is gone before #23, but if he is there then run, don't walk, to the podium.
Will be an immediate upgrade on the Texans line.
2. Mullen has a 4:46 40 and is experienced in all modes of coverage at the corner position and has good size for the position. Does need a little polish on difficult route recognition but even pros can get caught out here.
2B. It's a coin flip as to whether Jenkins or McCoy is the best C in this draft. Nick Martin is gonna have to vacate the Center spot and move to Guard. Enter Jenkins. I think he can lock down this position for the Texans for years to come.
3. Jalen Jelks has been described as "wicked quick" and has many teams very interested in him.
Mercilus is on the last year of his contract and likely won't be here next year. Clowney is still up in the air at the moment so some pass rush insurance is certainly warranted here.
5. Higdon is a naturally gifted runner with great balance and power for his size. You simply cannot arm tackle this dude or he will beat you. Blue has been a solid guy on ST which is probably the only real reason Texans hung on to him so long. They need some new blood and Higdon is intriguing.
6. Johnson is a terrific athlete with great size for the position. Also recognizes routes due to his past history as a wideout. Well worth the selection if still there.
7. Fulgham is a nice big target with good ball skills. His drawback that has him placed in the late round is his footwork - he lacks foot quickness even though he ran a 4:58 40.

Pretty happy with this one - this haul would reap some nice players for our team.

Last edited:
Why does everyone insist on running ... sprinting, racing, ubering ... to the podium?

The draft has specific turns for each team. Like, no one can actually pass you up mid-turn.

yes, I know. I was just making a light-hearted comment that if a team waits a minute to long to make a decision, they may have to literally run to the podium

It's all good. And I was just poking at a seriously tired draft cliche.

People who still adamantly say 'run to the podium' sound like the kind of stand up comic who would tell us how tired his arms are after just flying into town.

Reactions: JB
Back