Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

TEXANS VS REDSKINS INJURY REPORT

CloakNNNdagger

Hall of Fame
Dr_fMABV4AAAISx.jpg

*******COMMENTARIES WILL BE ADDED AS/IF TIME PERMITS

HOUSTON

No real surprises here...........Colvin may finally be back.........I'm still concerned about Coutee and his return...........with the length of his rehab from the initial hamstring, bringing him back this Sunday may still be too soon...........and when he comes back I will be "holding my breath" from the rest of the season

WASHINGTON

T Morgan Moses (knee)...........left the field Nov 4 with an undisclosed knee injury............he returned last week............he actually had been dealing with knee issues since early Sept

RB Chris Thompson (rib)...............suffered undisclosed injury to several ribs in week 8............has not practice............you will see him on the sideline this Sunday holding a big pillow against his chest

T Trent Williams (thumb)..........underwent surgery for a thumb fracture/dislocation on Nov 2.........expect to see him eating popcorn on the sideline this Sunday

K Hopkins (right groin)...........there were no reports of an injury to him following Sunday's win over the Buccaneers...........he converted all 3 of his field goal attempts........now the Skins are scampering to work out kickers, his availability is seriously in question..........since it is his kicking leg

WR Jamison Crowder (ankle)................suffered a high ankle sprain early Oct..........has not played since.................tried to practice for the first time Nov 8, but could make any of his cuts..............yesterday, he was to receive another MRI.............expect no more from him on Sunday than to waive his pompoms from the bench

CB Quinton Dunbar (shin)..............sustained an undisclosed shin injury...........this has apparently affected a nerve in the lower leg as he has had redpeated nerve conduction studies to follow the progress...........it has affected his ability to run normally.........with the little information available, and since no fracture is reported, the only thing that I can think of is that the trauma has created what is called a compartment syndrome in the calf area (in his case, still a mild form)......the borders of the compartment are not able to expand to accomadate the extra volume, so all structure within become compressed...........nerves that are compressed for a prolonged period of time go to sleep and eventually if not relieved, die........the most likely nerve affected is the peroneal nerve, which makes it difficult or impossible to lift the foot at the ankle............running normally is not an option..........and if conservative treatment is not successful, surgery is necessary to release the compartment unyielding borders...........also there is a less common compression syndrome caused by chronic overuse that can occur without direct trauma to the leg.

foot%20drop%20illus.png

Last edited:
Dr_fMABV4AAAISx.jpg

*******COMMENTARIES WILL BE ADDED AS/IF TIME PERMITS

HOUSTON

No real surprises here...........Colvin may finally be back.........I'm still concerned about Coutee and his return...........with the length of his rehab from the initial hamstring, bringing him back this Sunday may still be too soon...........and when he comes back I will be "holding my breath" from the rest of the season

WASHINGTON

T Morgan Moses (knee)...........left the field Nov 4 with an undisclosed knee injury............he returned last week............he actually had been dealing with knee issues since early Sept
RB Chris Thompson (rib)...............suffered undisclosed injury to several ribs in week 8............has not practice............you will see him on the sideline this Sunday holding a big pillow against his chest

T Trent Williams (thumb)..........underwent surgery for a thumb fracture/dislocation on Nov 2.........expect to see him eating popcorn on the sideline this Sunday

K Hopkins (right groin)...........there were no reports of an injury to him following Sunday's win over the Buccaneers...........he converted all 3 of his field goal attempts........now the Skins are scampering to work out kickers, his availability is seriously in question..........since it is his kicking leg

WR Jamison Crowder (ankle)................suffered a high ankle sprain early Oct..........has not played since.................tried to practice for the first time Nov 8, but could make any of his cuts..............yesterday, he was to receive another MRI.............expect no more from him on Sunday than to waive his pompoms from the bench

CB Quinton Dunbar (shin)..............sustained an undisclosed shin injury...........this has apparently affected a nerve in the lower leg as he has had redpeated nerve conduction studies to follow the progress...........it has affected his ability to run normally.........with the little information available, and since no fracture is reported, the only thing that I can think of is that the trauma has created what is called a compartment syndrome in the calf area (in his case, still a mild form)......the borders of the compartment are not able to expand to accomadate the extra volume, so all structure within become compressed...........nerves that are compressed for a prolonged period of time go to sleep and eventually if not relieved, die........the most likely nerve affected is the peroneal nerve, which makes it difficult or impossible to lift the foot at the ankle............running normally is not an option..........and if conservative treatment is not successful, surgery is necessary to release the compartment unyielding borders...........also there is a less common compression syndrome caused by chronic overuse that can occur without direct trauma to the leg.

foot%20drop%20illus.png

I like the medical illustrations

Keep in mind that the Redskins in the last few weeks have already lost their starting guards for the season, Brandon Scherff and Shawn Lauvao along with their rookie swing offensive tackle Geron Christian.

Keep in mind that the Redskins in the last few weeks have already lost their starting guards for the season, Brandon Scherff and Shawn Lauvao along with their rookie swing offensive tackle Geron Christian.

It also appears that OT's Morgan Moses/Ty Nsekhe (A guy I would like the Texans to look at in FA this yr) will be playing injured. What's the chance that they get re-injured during the game?

It also appears that OT's Morgan Moses/Ty Nsekhe (A guy I would like the Texans to look at in FA this yr) will be playing injured. What's the chance that they get re-injured during the game?
We aren't told what type of knee injury Moses sustained.......but it was an acute re-injury of an injury that he has been dealing with since early Sept........chances of continued problems with the knee going forward are significant, especially since all last year he dealt with injuries to both of his ankles...........makes for an unstable base and empirically a formula for lower extremity injuries.

Nsekhe's ankle injury was not characterized, but is likely a lateral sprain. If so, he will probably make it through the game wrapped up, with a moderate risk of re-injury. He had core muscle ("sports hernia") surgery last year on one side. It is not unusual to have weakness of both sides (and have underlying hip deformity problems). If the other side is giving problems now, the core will be affected and lower extremity injuries are again more likely. He will probably make it through the game, but the ankle this soon after injury will still limit him in some ways.

Last edited:
DsEo_tEU8AAGxYv.jpg

HOUSTON

No change from yesterday, except for a new ankle injury for Mercilus, especially with his very slow start this season.

The Texans will probably try to finally get Colvin out there Sunday............I feel that without a week of Full Participation, he shouldn't be out there.

They're also probably going to try to get JJo to play, again despite no Full Participation...........knee + high ankle should be fully tested before return.

This is still soon for Coutee to come back despite the luxury of the Bye, as I've already previously laid out. No matter what, he will be a high risk to return to the trainers table, but especially untested and this soon.

WASHINGTON

RB Samage Perine sustained a knee and calf injury in practice...........this combination makes it very doubtful that he is able to rehab in such a short period of time..............as a rookie last year, hope was that he was Washington's answer for 3 down back............that entire season was a terrible disappointment............he dealt with hand, groin, shoulder and ankle injuries that destroyed his performance............the last high ankle injury in Dec carried through to the preseason and regular 2018 season with reinjury.........he missed the 1st five weeks, then week 8..............in the 3 weeks he has played, he has had only 5 carries

OLB Ryan Anderson suffered a shoulder injury in practice..........Nov 1, he underwent a "minor procedure on his hip and returned to play almost immediately..........this would tell me that it was not surgery, but most likely an injection for a hip labrum tear..............he has been used successfully at times in goal line stands as Peterson's FB............last year in week 15 sustained a significant knee injury and missed the rest of the season (week 16 and 17)

S Montae Nicholson (illness) was upgraded to Limited Participation...............not yet back to Full, depending on the nature of the illness, by now may have implications of weakness when returning to the field

Attachments

• upload_2018-11-16_8-15-16.jpeg
    upload_2018-11-16_8-15-16.jpeg
    3.3 KB · Views: 12
So earlier in the week Gruden said Tren Williams would be out and not play this Sunday. Now they are saying he is questionable to go, just depending if he can play with a cast or not. I guess the coaches word isn't a true injury designation, but still seems like a violation of some sort to make a definitive statement that a player will be out, and then still play him.

So earlier in the week Gruden said Tren Williams would be out and not play this Sunday. Now they are saying he is questionable to go, just depending if he can play with a cast or not. I guess the coaches word isn't a true injury designation, but still seems like a violation of some sort to make a definitive statement that a player will be out, and then still play him.
Unfortunately, you are correct........coaches can say anything........it only matters what ends up on the Status Injury Report. The type of injury that Trent Williams sustained (as I posted previously in another thread) would surprise me to be out there even with a club. If he is out there with it, he will need to worry about it more than the D.

DsJjmgoUUAA1zxY.jpg

I am always skeptical of those players that end up on a Friday [essentially walk-through] Injury Report as Limited Participation, especially when they are given a Status designation, and especially when they have not been a Full Participation anytime during the week.

Don't be surprised when any of the Questionables for either team are not on the field Sunday.

Last edited:
DsJjmgoUUAA1zxY.jpg

I am always skeptical of those players that end up on a Friday [essentially walk-through] Injury Report as Limited Participation, especially when they are give a Status designation, and especially when they have not been a Full Participation anytime during the week.

Don't be surprised when any of the Questionables for either team are not on the field Sunday.

It would not be a bad thing if all of our questionable players on the injury report were held out. Give them another week at least to heal up and get ready for the run for the playoffs. There are 3 more games that could be very tough in the final part of the season in Tennessee, Indianapolis and Philadelphia that the Texans will need all of them healthy and the hopeful addition of Foreman.
The Texans can beat the Redskins without any of these guys on the field this week so keep them on ice at least 1 more week and start getting them back healthy next week and in the weeks to follow. Even if it's just a few of the players returning per week until the team is as close to 100% as possible going into the playoffs.

Back