Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

TEXANS VS COWBOYS INJURY REPORT

CloakNNNdagger

Hall of Fame

*******COMMENTARIES TO BE POSTED AS TIME PERMITS

TEXANS

Three shoulders........Fulton (new), Lamm and Shareece

Jackson has joined the thumb club with Hopkins.......both with an ulnar collateral ligament tear

Clowney is back on the Injury Report with a foot

And as I predicted after 2 high ankle fracture surgeries, he's re-injured the ankle

JJo has shown up with a groin injury..........he has already had bilateral sports hernias.............played with his hernias for one full season and part of another, thinking it was just discomfort that'd resolve with rest

Miller will be playing with happy juice injections to his chest and Toradol..........it will be harder for him to try to go through the middle

Webster appears to be set to go Sunday, but if he makes it through the practices I'm still not sure we will see anything we would like to see.

Kelemete although his knee injury is not characterized, since he was on a bicycle when he left the game last week, could be dealing with a patellar or quad tendonitis..........although with neither would I have had him on a bicycle that soon........rather ice and rest

COWBOYS

RB Ezekiel Elliott (knee)........last week had an excellent game, but was seen limping on the sideline off and on during a good part of the game. He was reported to have a knee and ankle issue. In fact what he has is an ankle sprain and a knee bursitis. Although he is expected to play Sunday,he is likely to be affected, especially by the bursitis. Every time his knee hits the ground, you can expect the knee to swell and affect his production.

WR Cole Beasley (ankle).........sustained an ankle injury Sept 20 in a practice.........he has played with the injury......he was clearly affected last game to the point that he was checked out on the sideline, but remained in the game...........suspect that this injury was compensatory to a groin tear that he sustained the beginning of TC, missing the first 2 preseason games.......he has dealt with soft tissue injuries for extended periods, also dealing with hamstring problems since Nov 201.
WR Tavon Austin (shoulder)........... injured trying to make a deep touchdown catch in the first half last game............he was in and out of the rest of the game, playing through his injury

C Travis Frederick's (Iillness)..........diagnosed mid Aug with Guillain-Barre syndrome, a disorder in which the immune system attacks the body's nervous system in response to illness (autoimmune)......no significant resolution has been reported to date

DE DeMarcus Lawrence (shoulder).......sustained last game.........mid Sept suffered a groin pull but missed no games

CB Chidobe Awuzie (ankle)........sustained last game...........has been continually been dealing with hamstring and ankle injuries for the last 2 years........... initially injured his hamstring last year just before TC and ended up missing 8 games for 3 separate hamstring injuries/re-injuries that season........sprinkled in there were also injuries to his ankle...........I'd watch him for another hamstring if his ankle is unstable

S Jeff Heath (neck)....dealing with a new neck injury........he.suffered a left ankle sprain when his foot was stepped on in Week 3 and temporarily left the game, returning after negative x-rays and admittedly being shot up with pain meds

DL Maliek Collins (knee).....suffered Week 2........ missed the first game of his three-year career Sunday at Seattle because of a sprained MCL.............he knee injury came after he fought through foot injuries in his first two seasons, but he had always been able to play despite missing practices..............he recovered from foot surgery in time for the 2018 season opener

NT Antwaun Wood (groin)...... entered the last game with a groin injury, but was available nonetheless.........he then was ruled out of the game with a calf injury suffered in the first half

LB Sean Lee (hamstring).........suffered a hamstring tweak in Week 2 that was labeled by the team as "tightness", with Lee instead downplaying it and said it was nothing more than a "cramp". He'd go on to miss one practice and be limited in others before going on toplay against the Seahawks.......he looked great at first, but had to leave in the 3rd quarter with a..................hamstring injury........can't see him playing Sunday

Lee is no stranger to injuries......especially hamstrings:

Nov 12, 2017 hamstring tear............Sep 25, 2017 hamstring tear.........Dec 27, 2015 hamstring tear...........Nov 8, 2015 concussion.........Oct 4, 2015 concussion............May 27, 2014 left knee ACL rupture in OTAs and missed the entire 2014 season.............Dec 9, 2013 severe cervical neck strain...........Nov 10, 2013 hamstring tear.........Oct 21, 2012 turf toe of his right big toe with season-ending surgery.........Oct 30, 2011 wrist dislocation............Dec 19, 2010 concussion...........Sep 19, 2009 left knee PCL tear grade 2, missing 3 games during his final season at Penn St...........Apr 15, 2008 right knee ACL rupture in spring practice at Penn State, missing the entire season

Last edited:

CloakNNNdagger

Hall of Fame

TEXANS

No big changes................Watt and Clowney upgrade from LP to FP

COWBOYS

Only change.........DE Randy Gregory (non injury related) New

CloakNNNdagger

Hall of Fame
With Travis Frederick's Guillain-Barre syndrome diagnosis, and with little signs of "recovery" at this point, I still don't understand why he is still on the Injury Report and has not been IRed. There is no way that if he does indeed recover, it realistically will be this year. The question still remains if he will ever be able to recover enough of his neurological deficits to return to an NFL career.

Last edited:

CloakNNNdagger

Hall of Fame
The Cowboys are playing around with the Injury Report. Terrance Williams has not participated due to "not injury related." He suffered a significant foot injury, a Jones fracture (5th metatarsal), which required surgery in the offseason, and from what I've been able to discern, this is the actual reason for his MIA.

Last edited:

CloakNNNdagger

Hall of Fame

NOTHING UNEXPECTED.............

PLAYING FULLER AND EVEN COUTEE SO CLOSE TO HAMSTRING RE-INJURY, IN MY OPINION, WOULD LEAVE BOTH AT HIGH RISK FOR EXTENDED INJURY

IF MILLER PLAYS, I BELIEVE HIS PERFORMANCE WILL BE SIGNIFICANTLY IMPACTED

AS FAR AS THE COWBOYS, LOOK AT THE THURSDAY INJURY REPORT I POSTED YESTERDAY..........AND THE THURSDAY INJURY REPORT ABOVE............TERRANCE WILLIAMS' "NOT INJURY RELATED" WAS MAGICALLY CHANGED TO "FOOT".........AS I POSTED ABOVE, THE COWBOYS HAVE BEEN DISINGENUOUS AS WILLIAMS HAS HAD AN ISSUE WITH HIS REPAIRED JONES FRACTURE ALL ALONG............HE MAY BE ON HIS WAY TO THE NOT TOO UNCOMMON JONES FRACTURE REVISION SURGERY.

Last edited:

badboy

Hall of Fame
SHould I be concerned about Lamm playing with his shoulder? I thought he'd miss this game.

TheRealJoker

Hall of Fame
Rotoworld:

Keke Coutee (questionable, hamstring) will be a game-time decision Week 5 against the Cowboys.

Coutee impressed in his NFL debut last week but may have aggravated his hamstring injury. If he suits up this week, he'll be playing "in pain," according to NFL Network's Ian Rapoport. With Houston playing in the Sunday night game, fantasy owners relying on Coutee may want to make other arrangements.

Source: Ian Rapoport on Twitter
Oct 7 - 8:02 AM

CloakNNNdagger

Hall of Fame
David Irving ruled out vs Texans despite being activated
ByPATRIK WALKER 17 hours ago

David Irving will need to wait at least another week to return to football.

Having now returned to the Dallas Cowboys from his four-game suspension for violating the league's substance abuse policy, Irving was activated to the 53-man roster -- a move that saw the team move All-Pro center Travis Frederick to injured reserve to make room. In a curious turn of events, despite moving him from the suspended/reserved list, the Cowboys have ruled Irving out for their Week 5 battle against the Houston Texans. The veteran pass rusher returned to practice on Wednesday but missed the following two days with personal issues, but owner Jerry Jones expected to see him take the field on Sunday Night Football.

He won't, however, having not made the trip to Houston with the team.