Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

TEXANS VS BRONCOS INJURY REPORT

CloakNNNdagger

Hall of Fame
Dq3SbFMU0AA7E4c.jpg

********COMMENTARY WILL BE POSTED IF/AS TIME PERMITS

HOUSTON

JJo (ankle / knee).................suffered last game.........going through all of his lower extremity joints quickly........likely compensatory to his previous groin and hip injuries

Coutee (hamstring)...........should not be allowed to return before after the Bye........from Injury Thread yesterday:
Since this is a recurrent hamstring......the original hamstring resulted in him losing all of TC and 3 weeks of the regular season..........i.e., ~8 weeks. The original report his latest hamstring was that it was "not considered serious." Any time you experience a hamstring shortly after one that resulted in an 8 week rehab, it must be considered a serious situation with an even higher risk of recurrence. Rehab following recurrent hamstring injury seldom is short, and not uncommonly requires longer rehab than the initial injury. Whatever, with this history, he has no business returning before Washington.

Colvin (ankle)..........returns to practice........should not play in game without a week of Full Participation.........probably needs another week or two

Griffin (illness)..........back to Full Participation..........a case of playing games with Injury Report

Keyes (foot).............sustained last game (likely a re-injury)...........was waive/injured by Bucs for "undisclosed" injury the beginning of Sept........then picked up by Redskins........then quickly released and picked up quickly by Texans

Fulton (high ankle)...........back to Limited Participation............should not play in game without a week of Full Participation

Peters (ankle).......back to Limted Participation

Wright (groin).......back to Limted Participation...........should not play in game without a week of Full Participation

Hal (shoulder)...........if returns, will probably be wearing a shoulder harness

DENVER

RB Royce Freeman (ankle)...........suffered less than 2 weeks ago in the Thursday game against the Cardinals...........it's a high ankle sprain...........don't expect him to play Sunday

WR DaeSean Hamilton (knee)...........undisclosed knee injury sustained week 7.............. missed last game

ILB Brandon Marshall (knee)...............sustained an undisclosed knee injury week 2 and has been on the Injury Report every week since, despite missing no games.............hamstring issues through 2016 and 2017...................Dec 2014, reported to have a "mid foot sprain"...........tried to play through............then revealed as a Lisfranc which required surgery Feb 2015

WR Isaiah McKenzie (hip).............left last game with this injury

OLB Von Miller (knee)..........sustained an ankle injury week 7, but played week 8...........either the knee this week is a misprint, or he has likely sustained a new compensatory knee injury

NT Domata Peko Sr. (elbow).........lbow undisclosed sustained last game...........most likely hyperextended elbow.............sustained a similar injury in 2014 and missed some games........sustained an MCL last Nov and missed a couple of Dec games..........underwent several knee surgeries in 2009 and 2010

OLB Shane Ray (ankle/wrist).................sustained a high ankle sprain in week 6...........hasn't played since................wrist injury goes back to July 2017 when he tore ligaments in his left wrist............Sept 2017, he was place on IR for surgery................returned the end of Oct 2017 as designated return..........had to be shut down and placed on final IR in Dec................continued to have wrist pain and movement disfunction throughout the 2018 offseason (which he missed) with contemplation of fusion surgery.........after second opinion decided against another surgery and avoided PUP..............played through the wrist injury with limited effectiveness until the high ankle sprain

CB Bradley Roby (ankle)..............undisclosed ankle injury sustained last game

S Darian Stewart (neck)................sustained what was called a "stinger" in week 7...........once a neck stinger lasts more than a few minutes, hours or days, the player is usually left dealing with arm numbness and weakness ..........he is unlikely to play Sunday...........sustained a groin injury week 1, missed practices but no games............sustained a hamstring Dec 2015, which was followed by an MCL in Jan 2016 which he played through.........played with a brace until the SuperBowl

T Jared Veldheer (knee)...........sustained undisclosed knee injury 1st quarter of week 7 (although it is likely to be related to a previously sustained bone bruise of the knee)...........sustained a bone bruise of the knee in week 4 and did not play in a game until week 7 when he was re-injured

Last edited:
Thanks doc..i guess its encouraging that Colvin and Wright appear to be on their way back. Our secondary should be in decent shape coming off the bye.

Give us your thoughts on clearing Coutee for practice.
I've given all the thoughts I have in the Injury Thread. But for the same of completeness, I will add only 1 last thought. It has been revealed that this recent hamstring tear is of the contralateral hamstring...........i.e., in this same season, he has sustained a hamstring tear of both of his legs........the 2nd (left) is likely a reflection of a compensation of a still weakened 1st (right) hamstring group..........now, he is at high risk to re-injure either or both hamstrings before the end of the season, and increased risk for hamstring issues in future seasons.........furthermore, if that isn't bad enough, previous hamstring injuries have been found to be a risk factor for subsequent ACL rupture.

Dq8dFUzVsAADKk2.jpg

Not much change in the Texans injury situation, although "not much change" is not very encouraging for many of those on the Limited Participation list as to their potential for a Sunday appearance. At the top of my "worry list" is JJo.

Clowney is back on the Injury Report with a groin.............earlier this season, he was having back issues..........his core would have to be some concern, especially in light that he has already undergone bilateral "sports hernia" surgery.........and any time you start seeing core problems, you have to think that this could be due to lower extremity injury compensation...........and be concerned about resulting potential compensatory lower extremity injury............his knee history complicates the picture, making it potentially a vicious circle.

Also, not much change on the Broncos front, except for the new injury of their FB Andy Janovich. He is a bruiser and this could hurt the Broncos running game...........he broke his hand Oct 2016 and played with a club for 3 weeks.......and then was IRed the end of Nov 2016 for an ankle injury which required surgery........he has been quite healthy since

I've given all the thoughts I have in the Injury Thread. But for the same of completeness, I will add only 1 last thought. It has been revealed that this recent hamstring tear is of the contralateral hamstring...........i.e., in this same season, he has sustained a hamstring tear of both of his legs........the 2nd (left) is likely a reflection of a compensation of a still weakened 1st (right) hamstring group..........now, he is at high risk to re-injure either or both hamstrings before the end of the season, and increased risk for hamstring issues in future seasons.........furthermore, if that isn't bad enough, previous hamstring injuries have been found to be a risk factor for subsequent ACL rupture.

# Malpractice

Just to give you an example how information from the media can be bastardized. From Pat Starr:
-- WR Keke Coutee will be evaluated as the week continues. Coutee is nursing a hamstring injury, the one he has been dealing with since training camp. He was limited to start the week at practice for the Texans.

DrBP1-UV4AA6J9X.jpg

The Texans Questionables (Limited Participation in essentially a walk-through) are a group that should not play (especially in the low oxygen environment) or will likely play with high risk of re-injury and/or poor performance.

I have found out that Von Miller has been practicing this week with a knee brace...........telling me that his "sore knee" is due to an MCL.

Last edited:
Su'a Cravens as has been pointed out indeed did begin practicing 2 weeks ago.......while practicing back as designated return, you are essentially in limbo status until you are either activated to the roster or permanently IRed.
I'm not sure that I would be that troubled by his return. He has already almost retired from the football at least 3 times. As a rookie in 2016, he suffered a significant concussion losing 3 weeks........then later in the season, he suffered a biceps tear and just disappeared. The team could not find him for awhile and when they did, he was talked out of retiring.............but he placed the nonnegotiable condition on it that he would be converted from LB to Sand that he would not be asked to play STs. Cravens' immaturity required that he be treated with kid gloves. That response to injury wasn’t the first such instance in Cravens’ career. At one point, while playing at USC, he went missing for three days after getting hurt and considered quitting football. In 2017, he went through a period of homesickness for his parents and California.........and again was contemplating retirement. He later suffered more injuries including concussion with prolonged post concussion syndrome and a knee injury that required surgery (a meniscus "trim") and basically left the team and was placed on the exempt/left squad list for the entire 2017 season.........during which time he again considered retirement. He filed for reinstatement in this past March and was traded by the Skins to Broncos. He basically lost the 2017 offseason to continued prolonged rehab. He virtually missed all TC/preseason when he had a setback in his knee rehab, which required another surgery.......meniscus repair............IR..........and that brings us up to date now.

After this injury history and response to his injuries, and the extended time away from the game, it's to be seen how effective a factor he will be against the Texans.

Su'a Cravens as has been pointed out indeed did begin practicing 2 weeks ago.......while practicing back as designated return, you are essentially in limbo status until you are either activated to the roster or permanently IRed.
I'm not sure that I would be that troubled by his return. He has already almost retired from the football at least 3 times. As a rookie in 2016, he suffered a significant concussion losing 3 weeks........then later in the season, he suffered a biceps tear and just disappeared. The team could not find him for awhile and when they did, he was talked out of retiring.............but he placed the nonnegotiable condition on it that he would be converted from LB to Sand that he would not be asked to play STs. Cravens' immaturity required that he be treated with kid gloves. That response to injury wasn’t the first such instance in Cravens’ career. At one point, while playing at USC, he went missing for three days after getting hurt and considered quitting football. In 2017, he went through a period of homesickness for his parents and California.........and again was contemplating retirement. He later suffered more injuries including concussion with prolonged post concussion syndrome and a knee injury that required surgery (a meniscus "trim") and basically left the team and was placed on the exempt/left squad list for the entire 2017 season.........during which time he again considered retirement. He filed for reinstatement in this past March and was traded by the Skins to Broncos. He basically lost the 2017 offseason to continued prolonged rehab. He virtually missed all TC/preseason when he had a setback in his knee rehab, which required another surgery.......meniscus repair............IR..........and that brings us up to date now.

After this injury history and response to his injuries, and the extended time away from the game, it's to be seen how effective a factor he will be against the Texans.

I'm not worried about him bring effective honestly. I'm worried about him wanting to make a big hit just to show off and going helmet to helmet on one of our receivers. I've seen him do it a few times in Washington, and given his past immaturity/actions and recent comments I fear that's what he'll do

Have identified JJo's undisclosed knee injury as an MCL. This injury in combination with a high ankle sprain cannot help but create instability, and is that more reason for JJo to be held out in Denver.

Last edited:
DrBP1-UV4AA6J9X.jpg

The Texans Questionables (Limited Participation in essentially a walk-through) are a group that should not play (especially in the low oxygen environment) or will likely play with high risk of re-injury and/or poor performance.

I have found out that Von Miller has been practicing this week with a knee brace...........telling me that his "sore knee" is due to an MCL.

How effective do you think Von Miller will be this week? Surely his ability to bend the edge will be compromised... possibly enough to make him look like a mere pro bowler against our OTs instead of a DPOY destroyer of worlds like if he's 100%?!

How effective do you think Von Miller will be this week? Surely his ability to bend the edge will be compromised... possibly enough to make him look like a mere pro bowler against our OTs instead of a DPOY destroyer of worlds like if he's 100%?!

It's difficult to predict. If it's only a Grade I, he may not show much compromise. Although if he plays with a brace, it may also specifically impede his lateral movement. If this recent knee injury is in the same knee as his previous ACL, he may play more guarded. Most will not remember, but Von Miller's only major NFL injury came in the form of a noncontact ACL of his right knee against the Texans Dec 2013..........a game which the Texans still lost. If we see him wearing a brace on his right knee, he will probably play somewhat more guarded than usual, but I still don't know how much it will affect his overall game going against the "power houses" of Lamm and Davenport.

This guy is probably going to kill himself someday and it will be blamed on CTE. When in reality he's just mentally ill even without CTE. It looks like he's drawing out the yrs and making $$$$ while spending very little time on the field.

Back