Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Texans Training Camp Open Practice

ConroeKeith1982

Practice Squad
I just found out I get to go. This is my first time going. What can I expect? How early should I get there? I see gates open at 5am for the August 1st practice. Things we can or can't bring? Beer allowed, etc.? Any helpful info for a first time attendee would be appreciated.

I just found out I get to go. This is my first time going. What can I expect? How early should I get there? I see gates open at 5am for the August 1st practice. Things we can or can't bring? Beer allowed, etc.? Any helpful info for a first time attendee would be appreciated.
Get there EARLY!
Get there EARLY!
Get there EARLY!
There are only so many seats and everyone knows it. Be there as soon as you can or be prepared to stand in the sun and sweat. Besides, the sooner you arrive the closer you'll be parked.

They want to sell you foods and fluids and stuff so, no, you cannot bring your own beer or even water.

If you want autographs be prepared to stand in line to get them as the players leave the field. In the early Kubiak days the players would come to the sidelines after practice was done and sign stuff but they don't do that any more. There's a formal line where that happens. And no, it's not near the field it's on the concourse. They've also knocked down one of the bleacher sets since those days too. So, again, there are only so many seats available.

Bring your binoculars and your cell phone camera. Not sure about SLRs, never tried to bring one because that's too much junk to lug around for my tastes. Speaking of lugging stuff around, I think you can no longer bring big bags - not even ladies purses. I think that's an NFL-wide thing because they don't let you bring them into games either. If you have stuff they will give (sell?) a clear plastic bag for your use.

I'd also like to know what to expect. This is my first time for me and I'm bring my 8yo son and my Father-in-law (72yo).

I can't find any info on parking lots. Do i need a separate ticket for parking?

Also, can I bring in folding chairs?

Probably. I go Sunday. It starts 8:55 but I don't know when they end. Is it Noon?

I'm guessing. We usually get interviews from coaches & players around noon, so I'm thinking "practice" is over by then.

Back