Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Texans Trading for a WR

Wolf12339

Waterboy
Like today couldn't get any worse. We will waste another pick on a 5th WR and still have needs at CB, LT, RB and now edge rusher..

Carlos Hyde traded to Texans For Rankin. I hate that were giving up on Ranking this early. I bet he excels for the chiefs.

The score sports app
The Kansas City Chiefs have traded running back Carlos Hyde to the Houston Texans for offensive lineman Martinas Rankin, a league source told Adam Schefter of ESPN.

Hyde could find himself in a prominent role for the Texans, who lost Lamar Miller to a torn ACL during the preseason.

Minutes before Saturday’s league deadline for final roster cuts arrived, the Patriots traded second-year cornerback Keion Crossen to the Houston Texans, according to NFL Media’s Ian Rapoport.

It is unknown what New England received in return. Rapoport notes the Patriots will now keep undrafted rookie wideout Gunner Olszewski by using Crossen’s spot.

Crossen was primarily a special teams player in New England. He was taken in the seventh round of last year’s draft out of Western Carolina. Crossen appeared in 14 games as a rookie and made 11 tackles. He also contributed to the Patriots’ defense of Chiefs All-Pro receiver Tyreek Hill in the AFC Championship Game.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.ma...-to-houston-texans-report.html?outputType=amp

Has anyone told BOB that there's a waiver wire and you don't have to trade draft picks for guys you can get on the ww?

So I presume he’s a speed guy from your comment?

Stats for him the last few years look solid.

Good speed, good route runner, solid hands. He is the perfect replacement for Fuller when Fuller is injured and a dangerous number 3 WR. I think our WRs (when healthy) are among the best and deepest. Nuk, Fuller, Stills, Coutee, Carter

PS this is a nice showcase video for Tunsil too

Hopkins, (Healthy Fuller, Carter, Coutee), Still should be a top 3 wide receiver unit.

Our TE position looks very promising

And Duke receiving out the backfield should be dynamic.

Watson now has a plethora of weapons at his disposal. Hopefully Obrien will implement more of a uptempo l, spread the wealth type of game plan.

Offense should be a lot better. Depends on health and play calling.

Last edited:
Based on what has been going on, it LOOKs like BOB is planning to Chuck the rock a lot more this year. Line should be at least middle of the road, the WRs top 5 at least, TEs solid, a RB that is very good at catching the ball and a QB who can deliver it. Spells air raid offense if we want, but of course BOB will want to run the 80% of the time.

Based on what has been going on, it LOOKs like BOB is planning to Chuck the rock a lot more this year. Line should be at least middle of the road, the WRs top 5 at least, TEs solid, a RB that is very good at catching the ball and a QB who can deliver it. Spells air raid offense if we want, but of course BOB will want to run the 80% of the time.
I actually think the Miller injury will force BOB out of his comfort zone.

Back