Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Texans to hire Brian Cushing as Asst. Strengh and Conditioning Coach ... Seriously.

Uncle Rico

Ur apology should be as loud as Ur disrespect was
OMG .. I had to take a break from my self imposed exile to just say wow! LMAO our guys are gonna be overtrained and ready to kill next year .. hopefully we dont lose too many to suspensions right? I mean if you arent cheating you arent trying right?

Then the think tank on Kirby resigns Henderson ... FOR HALF A MILLION MORE THAN LAST YEAR!! OMG my sides are hurting, you cant make up this kind of incompetence. Durr durr Tricky Ricky - Tricky Ricky .. too good.

Ya'll take care.

https://twitter.com/McClain_on_NFL/status/1090297826456883200

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
OMG .. I had to take a break from my self imposed exile to just say wow! LMAO our guys are gonna be overtrained and ready to kill next year .. hopefully we dont lose too many to suspensions right? I mean if you arent cheating you arent trying right?

Then the think tank on Kirby resigns Henderson ... FOR HALF A MILLION MORE THAN LAST YEAR!! OMG my sides are hurting, you cant make up this kind of incompetence. Durr durr Tricky Ricky - Tricky Ricky .. too good.

Ya'll take care.

https://twitter.com/McClain_on_NFL/status/1090297826456883200
The McNair's like Cushing and I'm sure he will be able to help out with the LB's.

Henderson is still cheap for a quality backup /Starting RT.

They still have plenty of cap space.

Why cant you atleast give the new GM a full FA/Draft before passing judgement and you obviously wanted to give Ricky more than a decade and still wanted to give him more time. So I think we knowwhat you're thinking. The African American GM didn't get a fair chance? Is that where you're at?

chicagotexan2

Easterby = Little Finger/Cal = Fredo Corleone
The only thing Cushing should be coaching is Lamaze. Bill Romanowski 2.0 (and I don't mean that as a compliment)

Carr Bombed

Hall of Fame
The only thing Cushing should be coaching is Lamaze. Bill Romanowski 2.0 (and I don't mean that as a compliment)
Cushing was a badass player before he had his leg snapped twice.

They hired him as a damn assistant.. people need to calm the hell down, he's not "THE" guy.

Also I don't mind him helping out on defense.. he was a great vocal leader. Y'all are flipping the hell out over a guy who basically just got a entry level position on the staff.. put away the pitch forks, there are bigger fish to fry.

maverick512000

Hall of Fame

They hired him as a damn assistant.. people need to calm the hell down, he's not "THE" guy.

Also I don't mind him helping out on defense.. he was a great vocal leader. Y'all are flipping the hell out over a guy who basically just got a entry level position on the staff.. put away the pitch forks, there are bigger fish to fry.
Wait, why are we allowed to flip out over some coaches/assistants/staff and not over others? Can we get a list of staff we are and are not allowed to flip out over. :kitten:

Carr Bombed

Hall of Fame
Wait, why are we allowed to flip out over some coaches/assistants/staff and not over others? Can we get a list of staff we are and are not allowed to flip out over. :kitten:
Well maybe because the staff that we're flipping out over has already had multiple seasons of proven failure here (while making the same mistakes year after year doing it) and Cushing is just now getting his first opportunity coaching in this league..

This is how coaches get their start.. who knows what grows from it.

Shishkabob

All Pro

calm down it's just funny that the guy who got popped for PEDs twice is now training our team on how to workout and what to put in their body. I like Cush and hope he does well in his new endeavor, doesn't mean we can't have some harmless fun with it. I'm sure Cush himself has probably made a joke about it

chicagotexan2

Easterby = Little Finger/Cal = Fredo Corleone

Yes Cushing was a good player most of his career but any way you slice it was fraudulent due to PEDs. I'm not going to lose sleep over it. If he helps the defense then good, but in my opinion it is odd that he is like the golden child on this team. Bob McNair and BoB seem to love him.

maverick512000

Hall of Fame
calm down it's just funny that the guy who got popped for PEDs twice is now training our team on how to workout and what to put in their body. I like Cush and hope he does well in his new endeavor, doesn't mean we can't have some harmless fun with it. I'm sure Cush himself has probably made a joke about it
God can you image the ribbing he's gonna get from the locker room. Oh to be a fly on that wall. :ahhaha:

Carr Bombed

Hall of Fame
Yes Cushing was a good player most of his career but any way you slice it was fraudulent due to PEDs. I'm not going to lose sleep over it. If he helps the defense then good, but in my opinion it is odd that he is like the golden child on this team. Bob McNair and BoB seem to love him.
Probably shows outside of a few transgressions what kind of person he is if the entire team/organization thinks so highly of him.

Still, I think it'll be good to have his voice back in the locker room.

gwallaia

Staff member
Well, we can't win with just Goody Two Shoes players, might as well bring in someone with some baggage and a *&!^ed up nose.

maverick512000

Hall of Fame
Probably shows outside of a few transgressions what kind of person he is if the entire team/organization thinks so highly of him.

Still, I think it'll be good to have his voice back in the locker room.
Ok I don't want to :deadhorse, but I can't resist. You realize the same thing could be said of BoB and in fact many of the other coaches right? I mean, outside of MAYBE Rick Smith, BoB is very highly thought of by all the players and the Texans organization.

IDEXAN

Hall of Fame
Contributor's Club
Cushing would seem to be the kind of personality that would always want to be involved in football including as a coach after his playing days.
The past year has probably been tough for him, finding out he was no longer wanted by any team in the league, finding out he was thru as a player.
I'm happy for him that he's found employment again in the sport and vocation he loves.

Carr Bombed

Hall of Fame
Well, we can't win with just Goody Two Shoes players, might as well bring in someone with some baggage and a *&!^ed up nose.
Cushing was one of the first players here with attitude/intensity that helped change the culture on this team, before he showed up he they were just a bunch of soft ******* that teams like the Titans referred to as their "little brothers".. I have no problem with him back with the team.

Carr Bombed

Hall of Fame
Ok I don't want to :deadhorse, but I can't resist. You realize the same thing could be said of BoB and in fact many of the other coaches right? I mean, outside of MAYBE Rick Smith, BoB is very highly thought of by all the players and the Texans organization.
Why the hell did you quote that post? That comment doesn't have jack **** to do with O'Brien or anyone else.. wtf?!

maverick512000

Hall of Fame
Why the hell did you quote that post? That comment doesn't have jack **** to do with O'Brien or anyone else.. wtf?!
Well first, actually yeah it does, I bolded the part that could apply to BoB as well.

Second, calm down man, you seem to be taking anyone joking about this personally. It's all in good fun and is just :stirpot:

Mr teX

Hall of Fame
Well lol, technically, he didn't get popped for PED's themselves...he got popped for the masking agent used to maintain normal testoterone levels...................usually found in those coming off a cycle of steroids..... but i suppose that's splitting hairs. In any event, the guy is an assistant strength & conditioning coach folks...relax.

Reactions: JB

infantrycak

Hall of Fame
Well lol, technically, he didn't get popped for PED's themselves...he got popped for the masking agent used to maintain normal testoterone levels...................
Technically the 1st time his ratio of 2 naturally occurring substances was off. Not sure about the 2nd.

Shishkabob

All Pro
Just want to connect the dots for everyone here. Earlier this morning on radio row Watson said one of his off season goals physically was to get stronger, and gain some mass. The Texans then went out and hired Cushing...

xtruroyaltyx

Hall of Fame
Have they hired a head SC coach yet?

Either way, it won’t make or break the season but I do think the move shows a continued pattern with this organization that I was hoping would be broken soon.

I personally wouldn’t hire a guy who has been caught abusing substances more than once to be my strength and conditioning guy. That’s like hiring Charles Ponzi to be your financial advisor.

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
I don't see it as hate, fact: Cushing got caught using PEDs and was suspended, fact: Cushing is now at least helping with the S/C job which would traditionally be the one in charge of helping guys build up muscle mass and such.

If you don't see the humor in that I don't know what to tell you.
And I'm all for Cushing rejoining the team as asst LB's coach/S&C guy.

The roids thingy doesn't bother me in the least.

Double Barrel

Texans Talk Admin
Staff member
Contributor's Club
Lot of hate for a 2 time Defensive Rookie of the Year.
:thinking: Huh???
He won the award, it was debated if he should lose it after being busted, and the "won" it again through a 2nd round of voting:

Cushing 'excited' to keep rookie award

I don't dislike Cushing, but the optics of the hire are bad for an organization that seems unable to escape its own perpetual mediocrity vs. successful teams.

But, I won't be disappointed. Such is the result of low expectations.

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
He won the award, it was debated if he should lose it after being busted, and the "won" it again through a 2nd round of voting:

Cushing 'excited' to keep rookie award

I don't dislike Cushing, but the optics of the hire are bad for an organization that seems unable to escape its own perpetual mediocrity vs. successful teams.

But, I won't be disappointed. Such is the result of low expectations.
Times are a changing in the Texans org.

JB

Innocent Bystander
Contributor's Club
He's basically an intern... some making it bigger than what it is

I will believe it when they can win a big game. I have absolutely no confidence in this HC and FO at this point in time. YMMV
YMMV?

Thorn

Dirty Old Man
So he's gonna be a trainee coach, nothing wrong with that. And in 10 years when he's the head coach we'll all be calling for his head on the chopping block instead of OBs.

CloakNNNdagger

Hall of Fame
Technically the 1st time his ratio of 2 naturally occurring substances was off. Not sure about the 2nd.
Cushing has never wanted to identify the specific source of his suspension. But from what I have been able to determine from several sources, the 2nd incident involved the use of a prescription drug that was to prophylactically treat the progression of chronic memory and reaction changes due to traumatic head injuries (concussions). His need to hide his problems/fears from the team and others led him to seek "outside" the rules medications.

Last edited:

austins23

Hall of Fame
Cushing has never wanted to identify the specific source of his suspension. But from what I have been able to determine from several sources, the 2nd incident involved the use of a prescription drug that was to prophylactically treat the progression of chronic changes due to traumatic head injuries (concussions). His need to hide his problems/fears from the team and others led him to seek "outside" the rules medications.
Damn....well this genius move didn't help any

upload_2019-1-29_18-40-58.png