Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Texans trade Randall Cobb

Cobb was actually pretty good last yr.

He did have a few bad drops, particularly in the Pats game.

He does fit the bill of an experienced slot WR. (No more watching WFV/Coutee in the same area of a pass.) As an added bonus he can KR/PR if needed.

so when are we signing Dez ? We should be called the old pro team 4 years ago. Really ? You replace with an all pro for a has been pro. This does not make sense ? How are we ever going to get to a super bowl with this mentality ?

Cobb was actually pretty good last yr.

He did have a few bad drops, particularly in the Pats game.

He does fit the bill of an experienced slot WR. (No more watching WFV/Coutee in the same area of a pass.) As an added bonus he can KR/PR if needed.

I would have loved this signing if NUK was here...real depth. Instead, Cobb keeps the WR corps from awful because a solid. professional player...as you say pretty good ( not more than that though).

I would have loved this signing if NUK was here...real depth. Instead, Cobb keeps the WR corps from awful because a solid. professional player...as you say pretty good ( not more than that though).

Yep, they've needed a vet slot WR for a long time. Hopefully they can land a quality outside WR in FA/Draft.

so when are we signing Dez ? We should be called the old pro team 4 years ago. Really ? You replace with an all pro for a has been pro. This does not make sense ? How are we ever going to get to a super bowl with this mentality ?

I could see us getting Muhammed Sanu from NE. Lol!

Yep, they've needed a vet slot WR for a long time. Hopefully they can land a quality outside WR in FA/Draft.

One guy that I’d love for us to grab is Chase Claypool. I’m a ND fan and I’ve liked Claypool for a while. He’s massive, catches the ball well and has good speed. I think he’ll be there with our second pick of rd 2.

Desperation move from the dumbass who needed to be fired years ago. 2-4 in the playoffs with all 4 playoff losses being two score or more blowout losses we could only beat the Raiders without Carr during his one great year and beat the Bills because Deshaun pulled a miracle out of his butt.

Never had a top tier offense

Was carried by the defense the first 3 years, then carried by Watson the last 3

Can't put a good o-line to protect our young QB. And now has taken his best weapon away because he's a damn moron.

Why would anyone with value in this team want to stay? Just get traded for a 3rd round pick and let Bill keep getting washed up talent, failures and a bunch of people who "practice" hard

Assuming Cobb can give the same production over years 30-32 that he gave over years 27-29, this is the type of season we can expect:

53-631-3

If Cobb plays out his contract, he will actually be paid $3 million more than his previous 3 seasons.

Assuming Cobb can give the same production over years 30-32 that he gave over years 27-29, this is the type of season we can expect:

53-631-3

If Cobb plays out his contract, he will actually be paid $3 million more than his previous 3 seasons.

tenor.gif

One guy that I’d love for us to grab is Chase Claypool. I’m a ND fan and I’ve liked Claypool for a while. He’s massive, catches the ball well and has good speed. I think he’ll be there with our second pick of rd 2.

A walking mismatch.

Throw it up and let him go get it.

Who does that remind you of?

Was he better than Boykins IYO?

Randall Cobb signs three-year contract with Texans on the same day they traded Deandre Hopkins, per report
Former Dallas Cowboys wide receiver Randall Cobb has signed a three-year deal to remain in Texas, but he will switch zip codes to join the Houston Texans, according to James Jones of the NFL Network. Cobb gets a three-year deal worth $27 million with $18.75 of it guaranteed, which is a very nice payday for the 29-year-old with a checkered injury history.
Cobb has spent the bulk of his career and truly made a name for himself in the league as a member of the Green Bay Packers. Last offseason, however, the receiver departed Lambeau for the Cowboys, agreeing to a one-year deal. With Dallas, Cobb enjoyed his most productive season since 2015. In 15 games (six starts), the 5-foot-10, 192-pound slot receiver hauled in 55 passes for 828 yards and three touchdowns. His 15.1 yards per receptions were a career-high.
Of course, this signing comes just hours after the Texans decided to trade away star receiver DeAndre Hopkins and a 2020 fourth rounder to the Arizona Cardinals in exchange for running back David Johnson, a 2020 second-round pick and a 2021 fourth-round pick. That deal has seen its fair share of criticism since it was executed and it would be unfair to look at Cobb as a plug-in replacement for the likes of Hopkins. Only a few players in the entire league are of his caliber.

This has a smell to it

Randall Cobb signs three-year contract with Texans on the same day they traded Deandre Hopkins, per report
Former Dallas Cowboys wide receiver Randall Cobb has signed a three-year deal to remain in Texas, but he will switch zip codes to join the Houston Texans, according to James Jones of the NFL Network. Cobb gets a three-year deal worth $27 million with $18.75 of it guaranteed, which is a very nice payday for the 29-year-old with a checkered injury history.
Cobb has spent the bulk of his career and truly made a name for himself in the league as a member of the Green Bay Packers. Last offseason, however, the receiver departed Lambeau for the Cowboys, agreeing to a one-year deal. With Dallas, Cobb enjoyed his most productive season since 2015. In 15 games (six starts), the 5-foot-10, 192-pound slot receiver hauled in 55 passes for 828 yards and three touchdowns. His 15.1 yards per receptions were a career-high.
Of course, this signing comes just hours after the Texans decided to trade away star receiver DeAndre Hopkins and a 2020 fourth rounder to the Arizona Cardinals in exchange for running back David Johnson, a 2020 second-round pick and a 2021 fourth-round pick. That deal has seen its fair share of criticism since it was executed and it would be unfair to look at Cobb as a plug-in replacement for the likes of Hopkins. Only a few players in the entire league are of his caliber.

This has a smell to it

So this is what petty vindictiveness smells like.

IDK if this references my post, but if so I wasn’t speaking of the Texans. I just feel there’s a little unfinished business that needs closure up north.

If I cared any more I'd be almost as upset with this signing as I was the Hopkins trade. But alas, I no longer care and can only laugh at O'Brien's continued incompetence.

What will the wide receiver Corps look if we draft a Mims or a Reagor at 2.40 + Fuller returns healthy? IIRC, Reagor avg 15+ with poor QB.

I like his combine 40 but he's not quite that game fast at his size. Due to all the depth at wide receiver I had him going at 4.128 but hopefully that's the fourth round we traded to... No I just can't say it. Claypool, Stills/Cobb, Fuller?

53-631-3

just curious, are you the one in advising old Brian?

Back