Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Texans trade Randall Cobb

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
Cobb was actually pretty good last yr.

He did have a few bad drops, particularly in the Pats game.

He does fit the bill of an experienced slot WR. (No more watching WFV/Coutee in the same area of a pass.) As an added bonus he can KR/PR if needed.

take6

Noob
so when are we signing Dez ? We should be called the old pro team 4 years ago. Really ? You replace with an all pro for a has been pro. This does not make sense ? How are we ever going to get to a super bowl with this mentality ?

AcresHomesTexan

No Longer Arlington: Escaped From Jerry's World
Staff member
Cobb was actually pretty good last yr.

He did have a few bad drops, particularly in the Pats game.

He does fit the bill of an experienced slot WR. (No more watching WFV/Coutee in the same area of a pass.) As an added bonus he can KR/PR if needed.
I would have loved this signing if NUK was here...real depth. Instead, Cobb keeps the WR corps from awful because a solid. professional player...as you say pretty good ( not more than that though).

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
I would have loved this signing if NUK was here...real depth. Instead, Cobb keeps the WR corps from awful because a solid. professional player...as you say pretty good ( not more than that though).
Yep, they've needed a vet slot WR for a long time. Hopefully they can land a quality outside WR in FA/Draft.

Texecutioner

Hall of Fame
so when are we signing Dez ? We should be called the old pro team 4 years ago. Really ? You replace with an all pro for a has been pro. This does not make sense ? How are we ever going to get to a super bowl with this mentality ?
I could see us getting Muhammed Sanu from NE. Lol!

otisbean

Veteran
Contributor's Club
Yep, they've needed a vet slot WR for a long time. Hopefully they can land a quality outside WR in FA/Draft.
One guy that I’d love for us to grab is Chase Claypool. I’m a ND fan and I’ve liked Claypool for a while. He’s massive, catches the ball well and has good speed. I think he’ll be there with our second pick of rd 2.

Desperation move from the dumbass who needed to be fired years ago. 2-4 in the playoffs with all 4 playoff losses being two score or more blowout losses we could only beat the Raiders without Carr during his one great year and beat the Bills because Deshaun pulled a miracle out of his butt.

Never had a top tier offense

Was carried by the defense the first 3 years, then carried by Watson the last 3

Can't put a good o-line to protect our young QB. And now has taken his best weapon away because he's a damn moron.

Why would anyone with value in this team want to stay? Just get traded for a 3rd round pick and let Bill keep getting washed up talent, failures and a bunch of people who "practice" hard

Lucky

Ride, Captain, Ride!
Staff member
Assuming Cobb can give the same production over years 30-32 that he gave over years 27-29, this is the type of season we can expect:

53-631-3

If Cobb plays out his contract, he will actually be paid $3 million more than his previous 3 seasons.

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
One guy that I’d love for us to grab is Chase Claypool. I’m a ND fan and I’ve liked Claypool for a while. He’s massive, catches the ball well and has good speed. I think he’ll be there with our second pick of rd 2.
A walking mismatch.

Throw it up and let him go get it.

Who does that remind you of?

Was he better than Boykins IYO?

ObsiWan

Hall of Fame
Contributor's Club
Randall Cobb signs three-year contract with Texans on the same day they traded Deandre Hopkins, per report
Former Dallas Cowboys wide receiver Randall Cobb has signed a three-year deal to remain in Texas, but he will switch zip codes to join the Houston Texans, according to James Jones of the NFL Network. Cobb gets a three-year deal worth $27 million with $18.75 of it guaranteed, which is a very nice payday for the 29-year-old with a checkered injury history.
Cobb has spent the bulk of his career and truly made a name for himself in the league as a member of the Green Bay Packers. Last offseason, however, the receiver departed Lambeau for the Cowboys, agreeing to a one-year deal. With Dallas, Cobb enjoyed his most productive season since 2015. In 15 games (six starts), the 5-foot-10, 192-pound slot receiver hauled in 55 passes for 828 yards and three touchdowns. His 15.1 yards per receptions were a career-high.
Of course, this signing comes just hours after the Texans decided to trade away star receiver DeAndre Hopkins and a 2020 fourth rounder to the Arizona Cardinals in exchange for running back David Johnson, a 2020 second-round pick and a 2021 fourth-round pick. That deal has seen its fair share of criticism since it was executed and it would be unfair to look at Cobb as a plug-in replacement for the likes of Hopkins. Only a few players in the entire league are of his caliber.

This has a smell to it

banned1976

sleeper mode
Randall Cobb signs three-year contract with Texans on the same day they traded Deandre Hopkins, per report
Former Dallas Cowboys wide receiver Randall Cobb has signed a three-year deal to remain in Texas, but he will switch zip codes to join the Houston Texans, according to James Jones of the NFL Network. Cobb gets a three-year deal worth $27 million with $18.75 of it guaranteed, which is a very nice payday for the 29-year-old with a checkered injury history.
Cobb has spent the bulk of his career and truly made a name for himself in the league as a member of the Green Bay Packers. Last offseason, however, the receiver departed Lambeau for the Cowboys, agreeing to a one-year deal. With Dallas, Cobb enjoyed his most productive season since 2015. In 15 games (six starts), the 5-foot-10, 192-pound slot receiver hauled in 55 passes for 828 yards and three touchdowns. His 15.1 yards per receptions were a career-high.
Of course, this signing comes just hours after the Texans decided to trade away star receiver DeAndre Hopkins and a 2020 fourth rounder to the Arizona Cardinals in exchange for running back David Johnson, a 2020 second-round pick and a 2021 fourth-round pick. That deal has seen its fair share of criticism since it was executed and it would be unfair to look at Cobb as a plug-in replacement for the likes of Hopkins. Only a few players in the entire league are of his caliber.

This has a smell to it
So this is what petty vindictiveness smells like.

StarStruck

Hall of Fame
Contributor's Club
IDK if this references my post, but if so I wasn’t speaking of the Texans. I just feel there’s a little unfinished business that needs closure up north.

If I cared any more I'd be almost as upset with this signing as I was the Hopkins trade. But alas, I no longer care and can only laugh at O'Brien's continued incompetence.

badboy

Hall of Fame
What will the wide receiver Corps look if we draft a Mims or a Reagor at 2.40 + Fuller returns healthy? IIRC, Reagor avg 15+ with poor QB.

badboy

Hall of Fame
I like his combine 40 but he's not quite that game fast at his size. Due to all the depth at wide receiver I had him going at 4.128 but hopefully that's the fourth round we traded to... No I just can't say it. Claypool, Stills/Cobb, Fuller?

badboy

Hall of Fame
Assuming Cobb can give the same production over years 30-32 that he gave over years 27-29, this is the type of season we can expect:

53-631-3

If Cobb plays out his contract, he will actually be paid $3 million more than his previous 3 seasons.
just curious, are you the one in advising old Brian?