Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Texans RBs.... Burkhead, Pierce, Ogunbowale

Dane Brugler last mock -
37. Houston Texans: Breece Hall, RB, Iowa State
The Texans have shown considerable interest in Hall as the potential feature back of the offense.
38. New York Jets: Jalen Pitre, S, Baylor
The Jets already upgraded the secondary with Sauce Gardner and might be looking to add a safety on Day 2.

just Opposite happened
Yes, depending on who's on the board and how Pierce does. Bijan is the most talented RB to come out in awhile.

Just imagine it Caserio came out of that draft with Anderson and Bijan, or more realistic Bijan and Mayer.

I’m neutral. Will have to study film of Bijan. Generally I’m not draft RB 1st kinda guy, love 2nd slot however. Last RB to go top 10 was Barkley, that didn’t work out so well.

How did he make his 1st pro bowl on reputation.

What makes you think Tunsil is a serious pot smoker? I saw the gas mask video, but I'm not aware of any Josh Gordon issues since Tunsil has been in the NFL.

And no, players you describe aren't usually multiple time pro bowl players.

Did you just use those two sentences back to back? Yes Mrs. Lincoln, other than the murder of your husband, wasn't the play excellent?

Have you ever heard of "the proof is in the pudding". Guys that are casual smokers don't inhale their drug of choice with a gas mask. Add to that the lazy effort, lack of motivation, poor work ethic, lack of leadership, a blasé who cares attitude, etc. I could go on and on about all of the hallmark traits of a pothead. This isn't guesswork. Go look at the video yourself. You think he's changed? I call total BS on that. I've been around guys like that all my life. Serious potheads do nothing in life 95% of the time. There are cig smokers that live to be 100. It doesn't make smoking safe. Outliers always exists with anything. This guy isn't an outlier, he's the epitome of the lazy, don't give a damn about anything pot head. He needs a one way ticket to splitsville and a swift kick in the ass. He's a detriment to the team and a poor example for his teammates. He couldn't even be bothered to suit up last year after getting a hang nail.

Did you just use those two sentences back to back? Yes Mrs. Lincoln, other than the murder of your husband, wasn't the play excellent?

Have you ever heard of "the proof is in the pudding". Guys that are casual smokers don't inhale their drug of choice with a gas mask. Add to that the lazy effort, lack of motivation, poor work ethic, lack of leadership, a blasé who cares attitude, etc. I could go on and on about all of the hallmark traits of a pothead. This isn't guesswork. Go look at the video yourself. You think he's changed? I call total BS on that. I've been around guys like that all my life. Serious potheads do nothing in life 95% of the time. There are cig smokers that live to be 100. It doesn't make smoking safe. Outliers always exists with anything. This guy isn't an outlier, he's the epitome of the lazy, don't give a damn about anything pot head. He needs a one way ticket to splitsville and a swift kick in the ass. He's a detriment to the team and a poor example for his teammates. He couldn't even be bothered to suit up last year after getting a hang nail.
LMAO

How many peo bowls/all pro selections would he have to get to change your mind? I'm guessing that there can never be enough accolades for you to change your mind.

You say he can't change, I say he hasn't gotten into any trouble since entering the NFL, so he must've changed something..

Also I don't know about your life, but my life choices changed quite a bit between ages 21-28.

Also as long as he's doing his job (top 10 LT) he can puff away as far as I care.

The entire team is full of question marks. They had so many holes to fill, we knew they wasn’t going to fill them all with one draft.
Did they fill any though, that's the question. #3 overall & #41 may not amount to anything & that's what upsets many here.

It's an extremely pessimistic view that I don't share, but I do understand where they're coming from.

Did they fill any though, that's the question. #3 overall & #41 may not amount to anything & that's what upsets many here.

It's an extremely pessimistic view that I don't share, but I do understand where they're coming from.
Oh those two picks were upsetting for sure. I wanted Sauce and we could’ve moved up to get the RB I wanted. But I’m giving Nick and Lovie the benefit of the doubt here. Hopefully those two players bounce back from their injury and play some solid football for us.

as it pertains to this thread, Texans RB’s, a room with Hall & Walker would be a whole different story and I’ll leave it at that.

I think most are willing to agree that we did hit on Petrie and Christian Harrison as well as Kenyon green so 2 out of 5 (misses) ain't bad to misquote Meat Loaf. If they indeed turn out to be misses...

I think most are willing to agree that we did hit on Petrie and Christian Harrison as well as Kenyon green so 2 out of 5 (misses) ain't bad to misquote Meat Loaf. If they indeed turn out to be misses...

Metchie was easily top tier RD1 WR talent before his injury. If the Texans exercise patience, they’ll be rewarded for their move up to select Metchie. This team is rebuilding. No need to rush this…..just get him on the field when he’s 100%. According to Lovie, that may be at some point during training camp. 4 out of 5 starts looking a lot better.

Stingley was an obvious top tier RD1 CB talent before his 2020 and 2021 seasons. The good thing, he’s got little wear and tear on his body and executed about as good a Pro Day as anyone could’ve expected. He’s going to be ready to take the field at the beginning of training camp and feels 100% in doing so. He was there for the mini’s and will be there for the next step. I believe he’s going to have some rust to knock off before he begins to resemble the 2019 player that had teams thinking top CFB CB. If he’s reaches that point, 5 out of 5 is even sweeter than imagined.

I wouldn't get too overly excited about a college kid, at a frat party, doing something unusual. The vast majority of college kids do things like that and go on to lead a responsible, productive life. The outliers in these situations are the kids who can't/won't grow up, be responsible, and productive.

Tunsil appears to have put that behavior behind him. No issues in the NFL for any prohibited substances that I can find or am aware of.

Metchie was easily top tier RD1 WR talent before his injury. If the Texans exercise patience, they’ll be rewarded for their move up to select Metchie. This team is rebuilding. No need to rush this…..just get him on the field when he’s 100%. According to Lovie, that may be at some point during training camp. 4 out of 5 starts looking a lot better.

Stingley was an obvious top tier RD1 CB talent before his 2020 and 2021 seasons. The good thing, he’s got little wear and tear on his body and executed about as good a Pro Day as anyone could’ve expected. He’s going to be ready to take the field at the beginning of training camp and feels 100% in doing so. He was there for the mini’s and will be there for the next step. I believe he’s going to have some rust to knock off before he begins to resemble the 2019 player that had teams thinking top CFB CB. If he’s reaches that point, 5 out of 5 is even sweeter than imagined.

Forever Optimistic Texan

:koolaid:

Yep just hope Lovie holds Metchie out until healthy. I enjoyed watching him at Alabama. Also should be no pressure this season to win. I am enjoying this rebuild.

The severity of the wear and tear on Stingley is much worse than the amount of wear and tear. IMO, he will never approach the kind of play he exhibited in 2019 ever again.

You're very first sentence shows that you are a very uneducated concerning smoking marijuana. I know several people that smoke daily and are just the opposite of lazy with two working two jobs. Many very successful work driven people use marijuana simply to relax and unwind. Sure there are some potheads who are lazy but that does not define most let alone all. I think you may have misspoke or just speaking out of personal opinion rather than facts.

Exactly…I have an extended family member who has smoked pot his entire adult life, 40+years, and is a working and athletic dynamo…I do not condone the use of it but saying someone who uses it is an automatic ‘lazy loser’ is narrow sighted and judgmental in my opinion…but there again, I can tend to fall into that trap, just like almost every person who breathes.

Alcohol is A LOT worse than marijuana.. exponentially more destructive than marijuana. Difference is due to all the old propaganda and illegalization of marijuana there's a stigma surrounding the use of it, while the use of alcohol is deemed socially acceptable. Hell marijuana helped me get off the hooch which was controlling my life. Now I just smoke 1 maybe 2 bowls a day. (Still work 6 days a week, something I couldn't do when I was drinking). Everything in moderation my friends 😉

Now excuse me, I have to go back to work.

Last edited:
Decided we needed a place to post our disappointment with Marlon Mack... surprises & good stuff too, if there are any.

I'd rather the Texans focus on the only RB they've invested a draft pick on since 2017... but we know they won't.

So anything you can find on the WWW concerning Texans RBs, or any discussion you'd like to have on this position, post it here.

I have been listening to podcasts of people who report to magazines and newspapers. All of them are saying very good things about Mack. Stuff like "he is no question healthy and maybe faster with better moves than prior to the injury" and "he looks like he could be a 1000+ yard RB" and "teams who sleep on Mack are going to pay"

I have been listening to podcasts of people who report to magazines and newspapers. All of them are saying very good things about Mack. Stuff like "he is no question healthy and maybe faster with better moves than prior to the injury" and "he looks like he could be a 1000+ yard RB" and "teams who sleep on Mack are going to pay"

Man….let this be true!!!! It would be good for Mills and even better for Pierce who could have his NFL acclimation slowed down a little bit so he can better develop as a RB. Let Mack be the bell-cow to start the season while Pierce builds up his playing time so by mid-season they’re in a good 2-Back rotation.

Man….let this be true!!!! It would be good for Mills and even better for Pierce who could have his NFL acclimation slowed down a little bit so he can better develop as a RB. Let Mack be the bell-cow to start the season while Pierce builds up his playing time so by mid-season they’re in a good 2-Back rotation.
I agree with this strategy. As long as they are healthy, I believe Mack and Pierce will be a very effective tandem. However, unless one of them clearly stands out and gets the majority of the carries, I doubt we will see a 1,000 yard rusher on this team - primarily due to volume. I have high hopes for Pierce. I also would like to see what Anderson and Freeman have.
The Texans last 1,000 yard rusher was Carlos Hyde in 2019. I was always puzzled why butt chin didn't resign him.

The Texans last 1,000 yard rusher was Carlos Hyde in 2019. I was always puzzled why butt chin didn't resign him.
I believe that Hyde turned down a 2 year deal that was guaranteed then signed a one year deal with Seattle. Then O'Brien came up with the Hopkins trade, getting a RB with a guaranteed contract.

Bijan Robinson, Texas is widely considered the top RB in 2023. Would you spend too 15 pick on him?
Top 15 you say ? That's a gigantic improvement for a program which rolled snake eyes in the 2022 NFL Draft, right ?

Top 15 you say ? That's a gigantic improvement for a program which rolled snake eyes in the 2022 NFL Draft, right ?
I think it has been a while since a U of Texas running back has been successful in the NFL. We had the one not long ago that was the leading College running back from University of Texas but was injured. Robinson is very good but I just hate to give a first round on that position.

I think it has been a while since a U of Texas running back has been successful in the NFL. We had the one not long ago that was the leading College running back from University of Texas but was injured. Robinson is very good but I just hate to give a first round on that position.
You can't anticipate injuries, Foreman had a freak one
If you deem Robinson a first round talent then you don't wait

Depends. Would I? If the OL, DL, LBs, DBs, WRs and QB look solid...maybe. I don’t know if a RB would make the team a SB contender. However, if a stud 3 down RB is around and all other positions are good...roll the dice. We have 2 1st round picks again. This gives us the opportunity to do something that is not done often in the NFL now. And that's take a RB that high, at least not often. What has it been 2 maybe 3 taken that high in the last 5+ years? Barkley was the only one I really remember

Just over 75 yards a game in the regular season

Only 75 is the record? I have to say he could do it. However, if Mack starts and looks as good as reports...Mack will get all but say 10 carries max a game. Which is good for us, because it means Mack is in Beast Mode. And I like that idea

Only 75 is the record? I have to say he could do it. However, if Mack starts and looks as good as reports...Mack will get all but say 10 carries max a game. Which is good for us, because it means Mack is in Beast Mode. And I like that idea

Only 75? A Texans RB with 75+ yards in a game has been done 6 times in the last 33 games. Just 2 last year. David Johnson has done it 4 of those 6 times.

Never mind a rookie doing it, Texans haven't had any RB average 75 per game since Miller in 2016, and have only 8 in their history (Foster 4, DD 2, Miller, Slaton).

Has nothing to do with the talent level of Bijan
Hey man I'm simply pointing out that UT had an apparent dearth of talent in their current NFL DRaft class so
it would be a big step-up to produce a high first round pick in the '23 Draft.

Hey man I'm simply pointing out that UT had an apparent dearth of talent in their current NFL DRaft class so
it would be a big step-up to produce a high first round pick in the '23 Draft.
I don't really see the connection.

Speaking of this year, I think the Texans should be keeping a close eye on the waiver wire for RBs that can come out of the backfield on passing downs. It's a skill the current RB group is lacking. I know someone will mention Burkhead. He gets 1st downs on less than 30% of his receptions. Not going to help Mills extend drives.

When all is said and done, I think fans will look back and realize how bad Lovie Smith, Pep Hamilton, and his offensive coaches missed on drafting a top RB in the 2022 draft.

Speaking of this year, I think the Texans should be keeping a close eye on the waiver wire for RBs that can come out of the backfield on passing downs. It's a skill the current RB group is lacking. I know someone will mention Burkhead. He gets 1st downs on less than 30% of his receptions. Not going to help Mills extend drives.
Ah I immediately think of the paragon for that description - Christian Mccaffrey, but of course we won't find him on any waiver wire so why don't you propose a trade for him. I dunno how bad do you want him ?

View attachment 10402
Adios Darius; It's like we never knew you.

I also don't know anything about Ogunbowale but after looking at his 2021 highlights, I'm amazed at how little production you get for 2 years @ $3M. Not impressed.
Dare Ogunbowale | Every Play | Weeks 4 - 16 Full Highlights | Fantasy Football Scouting 2021 - YouTube

When all is said and done, I think fans will look back and realize how bad Lovie Smith, Pep Hamilton, and his offensive coaches missed on drafting a top RB in the 2022 draft.

Why spend a high pick on a position with fast flameouts in most cases, and with a team that does not have a playoff roster. RB's are a dime a dozen.

I wouldn't spend a #1 on a RB under any circumstances in the modern era we are in now. But in 23 or 24, we'll likely invest a #2 or #3 on a guy they feel can be a bellcow back for 3-4 years. You burn em, toss em, and get another one. You don't re-sign em. You trade/release them after their rookie deal is up with very rare exceptions.

That's how you treat the RB in this era of football.

View attachment 10402

From the comments section..
His skill set as a running back is somewhat questionable if he can't catch a woman running up the stairs that had already fallen down.

lol, I totally agree. Cut him :)

Ummm...Pierce is quite capable of being a receiving threat out of the backfield.

Why don't you go look at what he did with those catches. It's not his fault that Florida didn't know what the hell they were doing. That's probably why they will have new coaches.
That would be pretty low for a rb with an average amount of touches... Pierce was not average
So, because Pierce didn't get a lot of passes directed his way, he'll be great as a pass receiving RB in the NFL?

Interesting. Still want a 3rd down RB, though.

Back