Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Texans random thought of the day

IDEXAN

Hall of Fame
Contributor's Club
Let me plead 5th amendment and say my info is based on "all my resources". Also, I did say she allowed Cal and O'Brien to trade Hopkins as football decision. My trade scenarios for DHop well before he was sent to Arizona was for at least two first rounders. The sorry azz deal (I used worse language when I found out details) I still don't get. My thought is she wanted him gone as a role model and therein lies the talk between him and O'Brien. Janice McNair may be the right owner for us if she allows "football guys" to run team but the team is still a symbol for her and Bob's legacy. Again this is supported by Bill repeatedly mentioning "Janice McNair is just sick about (Michael Floyd) and very tearful." This lengthy statement by O'Brien was way ahead of the curve of all NFL teams.
Janice McNair has been the right-hand to her husband in much of his career when he founded Cogen Technologies, which Bob McNair sold in 1999 to Enron and CalPERS. Including, being the co-founder of the NFL team the Houston Texans. Her husband Bob was the principal owner of the Texans from its founding in 1999 to his death in 2018.
Following Bob McNair's death in 2018, Janice became the Senior Chair and principal owner of the Houston Texans. Her son Cal McNair is the current team CEO, and handles most day-to-day operations.[3] However, Janice represents the Texans at NFL owners meetings and other league functions.

McNair is one of ten female NFL team owners. The others are Virginia Halas McCaskey (Chicago Bears), Kim Pegula (Buffalo Bills), Carol Davis (Las Vegas Raiders), Dee Haslam (Cleveland Browns), Amy Adams Strunk (Tennessee Titans), Gayle Benson (New Orleans Saints), Martha Firestone Ford (Detroit Lions), Denise DeBartolo York (San Francisco 49ers) and Jody Allen (Seattle Seahawks).[3]

McNair's reported net worth is believed to be at $4 billion USD.[4] She is also currently the richest female sports owner in the United States.[5]
They've updated Mrs McNairs Wiki page, and actually I'm not even sure she had one until recently.
But I learned a couple things looking at it as it would seem that Bob McNairs widow does indeed have a more active role in managing the Houston Texans organization
than many of us probably realized as it says here that she personally represents the team at league functions, and son Cal is the "day-to-day" manager which him makes
more the COO type rather than CEO which now seems to be Mrs McNairs role.

CloakNNNdagger

Hall of Fame
Again I agree and thought long on Conley; I like him. Roby still has not convinced me of his quality but as his second season he should step up as hopefully Lonnie will. Optimistically LJ will be as good as would have a 2020 Johnathan Joseph. I see defense in a better light than many do.
Last season, Roby did well prior to his injury, especially against TEs a big reason for which he was brought in. Roby suffered a grade II hamstring tear in week 6 and subsequently missed 6 games for it............he was significantly debilitated by that injury throughout the remainder of the season and postseason.

Prior to last season, Roby had only missed 1 game in his prior 5 seasons in the NFL.

Last edited:

badboy

Hall of Fame
Last season, Roby did well prior to his injury, especially against TEs a big reason for which he was brought in. Roby suffered a grade II hamstring tear in week 6 and subsequently missed 6 games for it............he was significantly debilitated by that injury throughout the remainder of the season and postseason.

Prior to last season, Roby had only missed 1 game in his prior 5 seasons in the NFL.
Thanks. I was a fan until I watched him on the field. He seemed to be off from the player I had researched before he came to Houston. I'm hopeful what I saw was being with new team, playbook and getting to know how his coworkers performed. I think both he , Conley and Lonnie will exceed my expectations..but I could be wrong. That he agreed to the contract surprised me as I think he could have gotten more. When 2019 ended I had him gone with replacement high on my list.

OptimisticTexan

2024 / Rebuilding Block 4 After Playoffs / Texans
Ezekiel Elliott one of several Cowboys, Texans players to test positive for COVID-19
https://sports.yahoo.com/report-several-cowboys-texans-players-test-positive-for-covid-19-161442996.html
OH NO!!!!!!!!! What are his chances of survival? Should football fans be planning to mourn his passing (he’s not a QB) in the next 14 days. Poor...poor Cowboys fans.He was such a young and healthy athlete. How will they ever replace him? This response was 100% supported by MSM outlets.

CloakNNNdagger

Hall of Fame
OH NO!!!!!!!!! What are his chances of survival? Should football fans be planning to mourn his passing (he’s not a QB) in the next 14 days. Poor...poor Cowboys fans.He was such a young and healthy athlete. How will they ever replace him? This response was 100% supported by MSM outlets.
Then he may potentially have more problems than what I originally thought. In medicine MSM refers to men having sex with men.:spy:

CloakNNNdagger

Hall of Fame
NFL all-decade: Best player on each AFC South team, every position

The start of a new decade is upon us with the 2020 NFL season. But before we get rolling with the '20s, ESPN is taking a look back at the best -- and worst -- of the 2010s and naming the top players of the decade for all 32 teams.
From the social media star of the decade to the worst call by a referee, ESPN's NFL team remembers the people and moments of impact -- good and bad -- from the past 10 years. And NFL Nation reporters select the two best players of the decade from their teams, the top coach and assemble all-division teams of the 2010s.
It all kicked off Monday with the best and worst of the NFL from the past decade.
Division all-decade player, teams
Tuesday:
AFC East and NFC East
Wednesday: AFC North and NFC North
Thursday: AFC West and NFC West
Friday: AFC South and NFC South
AFC South players of the decade
Houston Texans
J.J. Watt has been named a first-team All-Pro five times in his nine seasons with the Texans. Zach Bolinger/Icon SportswireJ.J. Watt, DE
Years with team: 2011-present
Since entering the NFL in 2011, Watt has won three NFL Defensive Player of the Year awards and become the face of the Texans franchise. Even though he has missed significant time in three out of the past four seasons, Watt has been Houston's best player since he was drafted. Since 2011, Watt is tied for second in the NFL in sacks, even though he has played in only 112 games. Few defensive players boast anything that comes close to resembling Watt's résumé, and the future Hall of Famer is still going strong at age 31.
Remembering Past Decade in NFL

NFL's best and worst of the 2010s
All-decade: Top player for each team
AFC: East | North | West | South
NFC: East | North | West | South
Inside decade's trends for all 32 teams
Best teams and players of the decade
Honorable mention: DeAndre Hopkins, WR, 2013-19. Hopkins was a first-team All-Pro in his final three seasons with Houston and was well on his way to becoming the best receiver in franchise history. After seven seasons in Houston, Hopkins was second to Andre Johnson for most receiving yards and receiving touchdowns in Texans history. Hopkins played with quarterback Deshaun Watson in his final three seasons, but even put up big numbers in his first four years when the Texans had a revolving door at the position with nine different starting quarterbacks. -- Sarah Barshop
Indianapolis Colts
Andrew Luck threw for 23,671 yards and 171 touchdowns in 86 career starts with the Colts. AP Photo/Michael ConroyAndrew Luck, QB
Years with team: 2012-18
Luck, the No. 1 overall pick in the 2012 draft, replaced Peyton Manning as the Colts' franchise quarterback. Luck led the Colts to the playoffs in each of his first three seasons in the NFL, including consecutive AFC South titles and an appearance in the AFC Championship Game in 2014. Injuries, which led to Luck's early retirement at age 29, started to take a toll on him in 2015. He missed 26 games -- including the entire 2017 season -- because of shoulder, kidney and rib injuries. It was during the 2017 season that Luck questioned whether he would be able to continue his career. Luck shocked the sports world when he announced his retirement during an emotional news conference on Aug. 24, 2019. He finished his career with 2,000 completions, 3,290 attempts, 23,671 yards, 171 touchdowns and 83 interceptions. Luck would likely be the front-runner to be the team's player of the decade in the next 10 years, too. If only.
Honorable mention: T.Y. Hilton, WR, 2012-present. Hilton, who was also part of the 2012 draft class with the Colts, followed in the footsteps of Reggie Wayne and Hall of Famer Marvin Harrison. Hilton has 8,598 yards, including five seasons of at least 1,000 receiving yards in his eight seasons in the league to go with 45 touchdowns. -- Mike Wells
Jacksonville Jaguars
Calais Campbell made the Pro Bowl in each of his three seasons in Jacksonville and was named the Walter Payton NFL Man of the Year in 2019. Julio Aguilar/Getty ImagesCalais Campbell, DE/DT
Years with team: 2017-19
Though he played only three seasons in Jacksonville, Campbell is fourth on the team's all-time sacks list (31.5) and is just the second defensive player in franchise history to make three consecutive Pro Bowls. Campbell set a franchise record with 14.5 sacks in his first season -- which included a franchise-record four in his first game -- and was a finalist for NFL Defensive Player of the Year. He was a key piece of a Jaguars defense that scored seven touchdowns and fueled a run to the AFC title game in 2017. He is without a doubt the best free-agent signing in franchise history.
Honorable mention: Maurice Jones-Drew, RB, 2006-13. Jones-Drew is second in franchise history in rushing (8,071 yards) and the Jaguars' all-time leader in rushing TDs (68) and total TDs (81). Jones-Drew led the NFL in rushing in 2011 with a franchise-record 1,606 yards. That capped a three-year span when he rushed for 4,321 yards and 28 TDs. -- Michael DiRocco
Tennessee Titans
Delanie Walker was one of the most productive tight ends in the NFL in his first five seasons with the Titans. Chuck Cook/USA TODAY SportsDelanie Walker, TE
Years with team: 2013-19
Walker was one of the best free-agent signings in Titans history. He was the epitome of consistency for Tennessee, with an ability to generate yards after the catch and consistently make plays in traffic. He was the team's primary pass-catcher in the first five years of his Titans career. Before suffering a horrific ankle injury in the 2018 season opener, Walker averaged 71.2 receptions, 831.2 yards and 5.2 touchdowns from 2013-17. Walker's 94 receptions for 1,088 yards in 2015 was the franchise's most productive season for a tight end. He was selected to the Pro Bowl in three of his five full seasons with the Titans.
Honorable mention: Jurrell Casey, DT, 2011-19. Casey was a mainstay on the Titans' defensive line and was named a second-team All-Pro in 2013 after posting 10.5 sacks. He was named to the Pro Bowl in each of the past five seasons in Tennessee. Casey's versatility allowed him to make an impact on games while playing up and down the defensive line. -- Turron Davenport
AFC South coach of the decade
Bill O'Brien has coached the Texans to AFC South titles in four of his six seasons. Joe Nicholson/USA TODAY SportsBill O'Brien, Texans
Years with team: 2014-present
The division titles show why O'Brien was the best coach in the AFC South in the past decade. The Texans have won the division four times in the past five years. Although the Texans have won only two playoff games in that stretch -- and every other team in the division has played in an AFC Championship Game since O'Brien was hired in Houston in 2014 -- they still have consistently been the most successful team in the AFC South in the regular season. O'Brien faces criticism for his lack of playoff success and the job he has done in his first year as general manager, but as a head coach, he has played an important role in the Texans' success. -- Barshop
Honorable mention: Chuck Pagano, Colts, 2012-17. Pagano was the head coach when the Colts won two of their three division titles during the decade. Pagano, who missed part of the 2012 season while being treated for cancer, went 53-43 in his six seasons as coach. The Colts were perfect in the AFC South (12-0) during the 2013 and 2014 seasons and went to the playoffs in each of their first three seasons under Pagano, including reaching the AFC Championship Game in 2014. -- Wells
ESPN's AFC South All-Decade Team
THE REST OF THE STORY

Corrosion

Idealist
Staff member
We always think of Reader as just a run stopper, but in the video, he was constantly pushing the pocket, taking on double teams and helping the pass rush.

Why you think I've gone on record multiple times saying his loss could have the biggest impact on the season as a whole ?

Reader is damn good.

Still , don't know if I'd have paid him what the Bungles did either …. Texans cap situation is already a mess before Watson gets extended.

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
Why you think I've gone on record multiple times saying his loss could have the biggest impact on the season as a whole ?

Reader is damn good.

Still , don't know if I'd have paid him what the Bungles did either …. Texans cap situation is already a mess before Watson gets extended.
Reader is good,

How much are the Texans under the cap?

CloakNNNdagger

Hall of Fame
A healthy Justin Reid ready to take his game to next level
June 20, 2020 Updated: June 20, 2020 6:19 p.m.

The scar across Justin Reid’s surgically repaired shoulder is a reminder of the medical ordeal he endured last season.
But the pain is gone for the Texans safety.

Reid is whole again after diligently rehabilitating a torn labrum he played with for his entire second season. That toughness earned him the Ed Block Courage award in balloting from his teammates.

For the first time since his rookie year when Reid underwent offseason wrist surgery, the former third-round draft pick from Stanford is completely healthy. Reid’s strength and weight are back to previous levels. And Reid (6-1, 203 pounds) is back hoisting heavy metal as he’s able to bench press again.

“Really good, I feel healthy for the first time in forever,” Reid said during a recent Zoom interview. “I’m just truly excited to be where I’m at physically right now. My rookie year, I dealt with the wrist injury. Last year, I dealt with the shoulder injury. I feel as healthy as I’ve been since before I had the original wrist injury. It’s a big thing for me.”

Reid still recorded 78 tackles, including 1½ for losses, two interceptions and a fumble recovery while playing in all but one game last season. He did so despite having his shoulder examined repeatedly by trainers after trudging off the field and then popping back into the game.

Reid has established himself as one of the top young safeties in the league, displaying range, instincts and a hard-hitting style. His textbook goal-line tackle on Jacksonville Jaguars running back Leonard Fournette preserved a victory in the second week of the season.

What Reid wants now is to take his game to another stratosphere. He wants to emerge as a player opposing quarterbacks and offensive coordinators dread playing against.

“I’m going to be consistent,” Reid said. “Everybody gets hurt, and I’ve had a little bit of a rough go with some injuries the last few years. The point of also being a great player is when you can play and still make an impact. If I didn’t think I could make an impact and be a guy who could make plays, I wouldn’t be on the field.

“I was always confident I could take care of my job and complete my responsibilities. Especially now, I’m extremely confident I can not only do that, but be able take it to the next level and be the player that offenses fear.”

With that kind of performance comes eventual financial rewards. Playing under a four-year, $4.063 million rookie contract that includes an $849,957 base salary this year, Reid will be eligible to sign an extension after his third NFL season.

Reid was encouraged to see the Texans make Pro Bowl left tackle Laremy Tunsil the highest paid offensive lineman in the game via a three-year, $66 million contract extension for a total four-year payout of $76.35 million that includes $50 million guaranteed.

Reid hopes to sign a long-term deal with the Texans, whenever the time comes. Ideally, Reid would like to wear a Texans uniform for his entire career.

“I would love to, honestly,” Reid said. “I want to stay in Houston the rest of my career. Obviously, things don’t always work out that way, but it won’t be because I don’t want to be here. I think the Houston Texans are doing things the right way promoting guys from within.

THE REST OF THE STORY

badboy

Hall of Fame
A healthy Justin Reid ready to take his game to next level
June 20, 2020 Updated: June 20, 2020 6:19 p.m.

The scar across Justin Reid’s surgically repaired shoulder is a reminder of the medical ordeal he endured last season.
But the pain is gone for the Texans safety.

Reid is whole again after diligently rehabilitating a torn labrum he played with for his entire second season. That toughness earned him the Ed Block Courage award in balloting from his teammates.

For the first time since his rookie year when Reid underwent offseason wrist surgery, the former third-round draft pick from Stanford is completely healthy. Reid’s strength and weight are back to previous levels. And Reid (6-1, 203 pounds) is back hoisting heavy metal as he’s able to bench press again.

“Really good, I feel healthy for the first time in forever,” Reid said during a recent Zoom interview. “I’m just truly excited to be where I’m at physically right now. My rookie year, I dealt with the wrist injury. Last year, I dealt with the shoulder injury. I feel as healthy as I’ve been since before I had the original wrist injury. It’s a big thing for me.”

Reid still recorded 78 tackles, including 1½ for losses, two interceptions and a fumble recovery while playing in all but one game last season. He did so despite having his shoulder examined repeatedly by trainers after trudging off the field and then popping back into the game.

Reid has established himself as one of the top young safeties in the league, displaying range, instincts and a hard-hitting style. His textbook goal-line tackle on Jacksonville Jaguars running back Leonard Fournette preserved a victory in the second week of the season.

What Reid wants now is to take his game to another stratosphere. He wants to emerge as a player opposing quarterbacks and offensive coordinators dread playing against.

“I’m going to be consistent,” Reid said. “Everybody gets hurt, and I’ve had a little bit of a rough go with some injuries the last few years. The point of also being a great player is when you can play and still make an impact. If I didn’t think I could make an impact and be a guy who could make plays, I wouldn’t be on the field.

“I was always confident I could take care of my job and complete my responsibilities. Especially now, I’m extremely confident I can not only do that, but be able take it to the next level and be the player that offenses fear.”

With that kind of performance comes eventual financial rewards. Playing under a four-year, $4.063 million rookie contract that includes an $849,957 base salary this year, Reid will be eligible to sign an extension after his third NFL season.

Reid was encouraged to see the Texans make Pro Bowl left tackle Laremy Tunsil the highest paid offensive lineman in the game via a three-year, $66 million contract extension for a total four-year payout of $76.35 million that includes $50 million guaranteed.

Reid hopes to sign a long-term deal with the Texans, whenever the time comes. Ideally, Reid would like to wear a Texans uniform for his entire career.

“I would love to, honestly,” Reid said. “I want to stay in Houston the rest of my career. Obviously, things don’t always work out that way, but it won’t be because I don’t want to be here. I think the Houston Texans are doing things the right way promoting guys from within.

THE REST OF THE STORY
His shoulder could remain a problem as his getting injured is. Like others I expect a very good season from him.

dream_team

Hall of Fame
Why offer anything? Adams will want a record extension for a Safety. Is he worth that? Can the Texans afford that? It doesn't make sense that the Texans would be involved.
Right.. you're going to pay Adams absolute top dollar safety money at the same time J Reid is due up.. I don't think so..
Safety spot is not terrible talent wise …. Its the corner positions and pass rushers that need upgrades.

#pass on trading for a safety that wants a huge extension. He saw what Tunsil was able to do to OB in much the same scenario and wants to repeat the feat.
Agreed. When constructing a roster, the safety group isn't where you want a large portion of your cap allocated. Reid, Adams & Murray will easily be the largest paid safety group in the NFL.

But knowing BOB, he's playing for today... not tomorrow. Wouldn't surprise me to see Jamal a Texan.

Corrosion

Idealist
Staff member

No …. said as much about the defense.

They didn't do much of anything to solve the problems there …. then again , they didn't have much draft ammunition - Losing Reader was a huge blow that will affect both sides of the ball.

Don't expect the rookies to make much of an impact …. they are pretty solid players , just that they don't address the right holes.

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
No …. said as much about the defense.

They didn't do much of anything to solve the problems there …. then again , they didn't have much draft ammunition - Losing Reader was a huge blow that will affect both sides of the ball.

Don't expect the rookies to make much of an impact …. they are pretty solid players , just that they don't address the right holes.
They did address the Edge/DT positions in the draft and hope they are answers to the issues you have stated. As far as the CB issues go they're hoping a healthy Roby, a full offseason with Conley and 2nd yr improvement from LJo will make the secondary solid. I actually like the Reid pick alot and think he's going to be a good slot CB. Certainly an upgrade over Hargreaves.

Lucky

Ride, Captain, Ride!
Staff member
Why offer anything? Adams will want a record extension for a Safety. Is he worth that? Can the Texans afford that? It doesn't make sense that the Texans would be involved.
I think my post came off as being an Adams hater. That's not true. He's a hellava SS. He's a team leader. And he deserves to get paid by someone. I think that will be the Jets, to be honest.

But, the Texans still need a #1 CB. Probably another pass rusher. Or two after Watt leaves. A run stuffing NT, pass coverage LB, etc., blah blah. And we're talking about trading more future picks??? Adams is very good. Just not the right fit for this team right now.

dream_team

Hall of Fame
It's actually amazing the Texans went as far as they did considering they are the worst in the league in redzone defense.

IMO, the Texans didn't help their situation this offseason. Blacklock & Greenard may turn out to be good players, but expecting rookies to highly contribute right away is asking for alot.

I think Weaver & Watt are the two main guys that can at least turn this defense into respectable. Not a good sign when you're pinning your defense on a rookie coordinator and an injury-prone aging lineman.

Corrosion

Idealist
Staff member
They did address the Edge/DT positions in the draft and hope they are answers to the issues you have stated. As far as the CB issues go they're hoping a healthy Roby, a full offseason with Conley and 2nd yr improvement from LJo will make the secondary solid. I actually like the Reid pick alot and think he's going to be a good slot CB. Certainly an upgrade over Hargreaves.

They addressed DT …. not the position of need in a run stuffing NT where they lost a guy who's probably top 4-5 in the league in that regard. And that's gonna affect the rest of the defense top to bottom - 3rd and 1 or 2 on a routine basis.

They don't have a shutdown corner …. Either Roby or Conley would have to make a huge leap to fill that need , they have to hope they perform at least as well as last year ….. I like the Reid pick too as a slot guy.

I see this defense as an unmitigated disaster , starting at the nose.

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
They addressed DT …. not the position of need in a run stuffing NT where they lost a guy who's probably top 4-5 in the league in that regard. And that's gonna affect the rest of the defense top to bottom - 3rd and 1 or 2 on a routine basis.

They don't have a shutdown corner …. Either Roby or Conley would have to make a huge leap to fill that need , they have to hope they perform at least as well as last year ….. I like the Reid pick too as a slot guy.

I see this defense as an unmitigated disaster , starting at the nose.
Blacklock will probably be playing around 310 lbs. If Watt is healthy then Dunn should be serviceable. I'm hoping one of the other young guys can help spell Dunn or sign a guy like Harrison in FA. If the run defense isn't holding up I could see a mid season trade like the Conley trade last yr.

If Watt can stay healthy (Big If) and Blacklock is what I think he is then the pass rush will be much improved and this should help guys like Mercilus/Martin/Greenard as well as helping the secondary. Health is key for the defense since there isn't much depth.

Corrosion

Idealist
Staff member
I think my post came off as being an Adams hater. That's not true. He's a hellava SS. He's a team leader. And he deserves to get paid by someone. I think that will be the Jets, to be honest.

But, the Texans still need a #1 CB. Probably another pass rusher. Or two after Watt leaves. A run stuffing NT, pass coverage LB, etc., blah blah. And we're talking about trading more future picks??? Adams is very good. Just not the right fit for this team right now.
I didn't take it that way …. just that he isn't what this roster needs to spend assets / cap space on.

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
It's actually amazing the Texans went as far as they did considering they are the worst in the league in redzone defense.

IMO, the Texans didn't help their situation this offseason. Blacklock & Greenard may turn out to be good players, but expecting rookies to highly contribute right away is asking for alot.

I think Weaver & Watt are the two main guys that can at least turn this defense into respectable. Not a good sign when you're pinning your defense on a rookie coordinator and an injury-prone aging lineman.
A very fair evaluation.

I hope you're wrong and Blacklock/Greenard can produce like the 49ers rookies on defense did. I think Blacklock will be able to produce very quickly. That's a big fast/quick dude.

Texansphan

Football connoisseur

Texans D can only go up from where they were.
True, it's a big ask of rookies to contribute like a vet early, but with Watt and Merci to pass along some tips and take pressure off them, they may contribute at a surprising level early.
I look forward to Blacklock playing.

dream_team

Hall of Fame
A very fair evaluation.

I hope you're wrong and Blacklock/Greenard can produce like the 49ers rookies on defense did. I think Blacklock will be able to produce very quickly. That's a big fast/quick dude.
Of course I hope I'm wrong too, but expecting Blacklock to produce like Bosa is a large stretch.

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
Of course I hope I'm wrong too, but expecting Blacklock to produce like Bosa is a large stretch.
I'm hoping he produces like the 49ers DT's did last yr. If he does the pass rush/run defense will be buch improved. I think he needs to get better at recognizing where the ball is going on run plays but that can be fixed with proper coaching. I bet you Weaver spends some time in TC working with Blacklock.

dream_team

Hall of Fame
I'm hoping he produces like the 49ers DT's did last yr. If he does the pass rush/run defense will be buch improved. I think he needs to get better at recognizing where the ball is going on run plays but that can be fixed with proper coaching. I bet you Weaver spends some time in TC working with Blacklock.
ok. just bear in mind the 9ers DL consisted of three 1st round picks, with Bosa being the only rookie.

badboy

Hall of Fame
Why offer anything? Adams will want a record extension for a Safety. Is he worth that? Can the Texans afford that? It
ok. just bear in mind the 9ers DL consisted of three 1st round picks, with Bosa being the only rookie.
make sense that the Texans would be involved.
You offer to get, simple. Of course make best deal you can but 24 YOA consecutive all pro at a need position who is willing to play this season on his rookie contract? We locked in Tunsil and Watson indicating he is interested in same type deal, Roby taking offer he did locking in another prime spot. Adams probably goes Dallas due to their first round but I can see Jets trading to another team because Adams has said he wants go to Cowboys.

badboy

Hall of Fame
Safety spot is not terrible talent wise …. Its the corner positions and pass rushers that need upgrades.

#pass on trading for a safety that wants a huge extension. He saw what Tunsil was able to do to OB in much the same scenario and wants to repeat the feat.
Understand your POV but Roby signed and Conley seems to be real deal and shutdown type CB. There is no other cb on horizon. An all pro safety strengthens our corners and Reed. Adams had 6 1/2 sacks and that would definitely help our front line.

badboy

Hall of Fame
Agreed. When constructing a roster, the safety group isn't where you want a large portion of your cap allocated. Reid, Adams & Murray will easily be the largest paid safety group in the NFL.

But knowing BOB, he's playing for today... not tomorrow. Wouldn't surprise me to see Jamal a Texan.
My plan would be to move Murray out if Adams comes in. Today we are not constructing roster but hoping to refine it.

badboy

Hall of Fame
Yes, I hope to see Blacklock and Greenard hit the field running in Weaver's defense.