Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Texan's Playoff Scenarios

Tom Brady was wildly inconsistent his first three seasons. You know who was fairly consistent.

851f906f7dff4a16911cce668201c4b6.jpg
Peyton Manning wasn't all that for a while either.

If the Texans win Saturday and the Chiefs lose to the Bears Sunday then the Texans have to play their starters in week 17.

Win and you get the 3 seed and host Pittsburgh with a 3rd string QB at home then play a NE which you dominated. Granted it’s on the road but this is still not the same Patriots team as years past.

So outside of rooting for the Texans on Saturday, root for Da Bears on Sunday.

It's only a "bye week" if we don't care about trying to get the 3-seed.
I'd rather play the Bills with my starters coming off of a full week of rest than play the Steelers immediately after a tough game vs the Titans.

I'd rather play the Bills with my starters coming off of a full week of rest than play the Steelers immediately after a tough game vs the Titans.

Also factor in the 2nd round opponent. If 3rd seed, we play Pats, whom we beaten already. If 4th, then Baltimore who romped us.

I will always pull for the Texans. I irrationally love this team because they have Houston on their jerseys.

Having said that...pure dread of whatever scenario plays out envelops me. Even if we were able to get the 3 seed and all that good stuff, I just can't envision them taking advantage of it. Instead, I see something that is some sort of cruel combination between the timeout/challenge fiasco (Saints game this year) and the Rosencopter playing out. The football gods are usually cruel to our fine city. My left arm is numb. I'm going to go lay down.

I have no idea how to call the Texans chances in the playoffs. They are so unpredictable that it could go either way (unless they eventually end up in Baltimore, which I feel very confident about predicting that result).

The Texans need to beat a good team in the playoffs under O'Brien. Winning against a 3rd string Raiders QB means very little. If they show up at home and roll over like 2018, I honestly don't know how the owners can justify keeping him at three crucial positions with this franchise. (I wouldn't be shocked to see RAC thrown under the bus to save O'Brien's butt if they lose.)

The Bills feel like a team that could go either way vs. the Texans. It will come down to which team has better coaching (game plan, play calling, situational awareness) that day, and of course, the players themselves actually rising up and beating their matches and going above and beyond to be playmakers.

I have no idea how to call the Texans chances in the playoffs. They are so unpredictable that it could go either way (unless they eventually end up in Baltimore, which I feel very confident about predicting that result).

The Texans need to beat a good team in the playoffs under O'Brien. Winning against a 3rd string Raiders QB means very little. If they show up at home and roll over like 2018, I honestly don't know how the owners can justify keeping him at three crucial positions with this franchise. (I wouldn't be shocked to see RAC thrown under the bus to save O'Brien's butt if they lose.)

The Bills feel like a team that could go either way vs. the Texans. It will come down to which team has better coaching (game plan, play calling, situational awareness) that day, and of course, the players themselves actually rising up and beating their matches and going above and beyond to be playmakers.

Here's the thing the Bills biggest strength is still in their defense. Now on paper that actually favors us because all of our talent investment and the team is, in theory, built around our offense. That's all on paper, in reality we don't know which OB will show up, which Watson will show up, which Oline will show up and hell even which WRs will show up, both literally and figurately. If even most of those that played against the Falcons, Jags and Pats show up then only team I really see giving us trouble is the Ravens. If most of those don't show up then we are very beatable by any of the playoff teams.

Hell I don't see how any of us can miss Astro World, the Texans provide all the roller coaster this city needs.

Doesn't the #4 seed play the #5 seed first game? Right now would be Buffalo... tough game

Yea, we need to cheer for the Chiefs to lose so we can slip in on the #3 seed. Those Bills are tough. I would much rather play the #6 seed whoever that might be.

Reactions: JB
I have no idea how to call the Texans chances in the playoffs. They are so unpredictable that it could go either way (unless they eventually end up in Baltimore, which

Other than Lamar Jackson ball'n, ain't nothing been predictable the last couple of weeks. Atlanta beat San Francisco. St Louis dominated the Seahawks (then lost to the Cowboys), Coughlin fired, Jenkins cut....

Most memorable December I can remember in a long time.

Back