Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Texans-Patriots do pick swap

Last edited:
I'm not going to bash it, I just think that the team is so bad, they should keep all their picks. It kinda makes it easier to get young,cheap, bottom roster guys without trying to sell undrafted guys to come to the team. We will see.

At this point of the rebuild and in this draft I want as many top 100 picks as they can get.

If Caserio doesn't trade up into the top. 100 he still will have 7 picks in the top 108 and the 5th may allow him to either get a value like Teague or J.T. Woods in the 5th. Or use 108 and the 5th to trade into the bottom of the 3rd for a guy TE like Ruckert or woods.

So essentially you would be giving up 4-108 and a 6-7th for Woods. Would you do a trade like this? I would.

At this point of the rebuild and in this draft I want as many top 100 picks as they can get.

If Caserio doesn't trade up into the top. 100 he still will have 7 picks in the top 108 and the 5th may allow him to either get a value like Teague or J.T. Woods in the 5th. Or use 108 and the 5th to trade into the bottom of the 3rd for a guy TE like Ruckert or woods.

So essentially you would be giving up 4-108 and a 6-7th for Woods. Would you do a trade like this? I would.
Whatever is clever. I would rather the bottom roster was filled with young energy who can also play teams and be developed vs banking on udfa who needs convincing to come here and play. Late rd picks can fill this void. Everytime i do the sim, Woods is going higher than originally predicted because of his freakish traits.

Whatever is clever. I would rather the bottom roster was filled with young energy who can also play teams and be developed vs banking on udfa who needs convincing to come here and play. Late rd picks can fill this void. Everytime i do the sim, Woods is going higher than originally predicted because of his freakish traits.

So for the record you would rather keep 4-108 and the 5th than draft Woods at say 3-98?

Texans trade pick numbers 183 and 245 for Patriots 170 which becomes our only 5th rounder

Nick is outsmarting himself. We gave up what became pick #148 for Anthony Miller who was released after 2 games, 5 receptions and 23 yards. While I don't hate moving up to 170, I feel like 2 wrongs still don't make a right.

is that the part where we get bent over like a cheap drunk whore and don’t even find a dollar bill on the dresser in the morning?
I was thinking more along the lines of Nick trading a 3rd for a vet on an expiring contract. But, your example is good. For someone.

Yep agree.
Obviously they have their eye on someone who was going to be out of range for them.
I'll see if I can ferret it out.
I think so too. NC already said there is I think 80-100 guys he would draft. They will be gone in the later rounds. I could care less about sixth and seventh round draft picks and UDFA’s especially after watching a couple of USFL games. ZZZZzzzzzzzz.

I think so too. NC already said there is I think 80-100 guys he would draft. They will be gone in the later rounds. I could care less about sixth and seventh round draft picks and UDFA’s especially after watching a couple of USFL games. ZZZZzzzzzzzz.
See my edit.

I'm not going to bash it, I just think that the team is so bad, they should keep all their picks. It kinda makes it easier to get young,cheap, bottom roster guys without trying to sell undrafted guys to come to the team. We will see.
This is probably at least a 3 year rebuild.
We have 6 firsts in the next 3 drafts so I ain't trippin.

This is probably at least a 3 year rebuild.
We have 6 firsts in the next 3 drafts so I ain't trippin.
I'm not debating, I'm just saying that getting development and teams work out of the lower rounds give you bones or foundation. Not only that, you get dirty work guy. Those 1st rd picks sound good in theory especially since the Cleveland pick is going to be in the 20s more than likely. Those late rd,special trait guys are like house money. Smith was very good at 1st rd picks, he struggled in the later rounds and thats why the team seemed like it lacked depth.

I'm not debating, I'm just saying that getting development and teams work out of the lower rounds give you bones or foundation. Not only that, you get dirty work guy. Those 1st rd picks sound good in theory especially since the Cleveland pick is going to be in the 20s more than likely. Those late rd,special trait guys are like house money. Smith was very good at 1st rd picks, he struggled in the later rounds and thats why the team seemed like it lacked depth.

It lacked depth,

There was no seemed about it.

2021 Draft

147). Texans selected TE Brevin Jordan
149). Bengals selected K Evan McPherson

170). Texans selected LB Garret Wallow
183). Falcons selected CB Avery Williams

Texans must like Wallow?

Was Tampa Bay pick, before Packers, 49ers, KC>BAL>NYG, Bengals, Rams then compensatory picks. One of those contenders might want to jump others in exchange for next years 4th…..

I get it man, but normally a team has 7 picks - we still have ten right?
Besides, he may yet move back with one of those firsts and generate another pick anyway.
There are better "bones" in the higher rounds afaiac.

Last edited:
Meh I'm fine with this, to me it seems we gave up a 7th to turn one of our 6ths into a 5th. Thats fine by me because there is a very good chance that a guy still there in the 7th will be an UDFA so you can sign him afterwards. Deep as this draft is on non-QB players and as much as we need talent I'd rather grab a guy in the 5th who, while not a day one starter, gives you that depth and long term potential. Of course there is also the trade package you can put together where a 5th carries more weight than a 6th or 7th.

Geeeeez its not like we don’t have any late round picks. I believe we now have at least one pick in every round. We didn’t have a fifth before. I’m guessing his draft grades didn’t extend beyond the fifth round and he wanted in there. The biggest question is why would the Pats want to give up that spot in this draft? Let’s reverse this. Who would be onboard with us giving up a fifth for a sixth and seventh? Doesn’t sound so hot does it. Bet the whining would be worse, huh? Edit. The end of our draft I believe is a fifth, two sixths and no seventh. Looks even tighter to me.

Last edited:
All I've heard regarding this trade is Bill Belichick this, the Patriots that and blah blah blah.

Quietly, the Texans moved up into the 5th round, where there will still be quality players in this year's draft.
They did so by giving up 6th and 7th rounders ?? I agree when in reverse, this looks good.

That being said, I also feel the Texans make at least one more trade during the draft in the same type of manner.
Something like their 4th and 5th for a 3rd. Obviously it takes two to tango, but that would not surprise me.
That's certainly a perceived "quality vs. quantity" move, but would still leave the Texans with 9 picks.
It's not like they are picking 9 starters, let alone 11. I personally like these moves.

Again, good luck Thursday !!

Geeeeez its not like we don’t have any late round picks. I believe we now have at least one pick in every round. We didn’t have a fifth before. I’m guessing his draft grades didn’t extend beyond the fifth round and he wanted in there. The biggest question is why would the Pats want to give up that spot in this draft? Let’s reverse this. Who would be onboard with us giving up a fifth for a sixth and seventh? Doesn’t sound so hot does it. Bet the whining would be worse, huh? Edit. The end of our draft I believe is a fifth, two sixths and no seventh. Looks even tighter to me.

i really dont get it with some in here. we had 3 6ths…we gave up 1 and a throw away pick to move up a round. Whats the problem?

i really dont get it with some in here.
Some? Two posters disagreed with the trade. Two. And you're already bent out of shape about it. How dare they question the great and almighty Caserio!?!

No one knows how this will work out, so every comment is premature. Unlike Caserio's other deals involving late round picks, where the players traded for have already been cut.

Some? Two posters disagreed with the trade. Two. And you're already bent out of shape about it. How dare they question the great and almighty Caserio!?!

No one knows how this will work out, so every comment is premature. Unlike Caserio's other deals involving late round picks, where the players traded for have already been cut.

2 = some.......... & it has nothing to do with Caserio & more to do with the fatalistic belief SOME here are predisposed to go with when it comes to everything surrounding this team.......Spare me the "look at their/his history of ...." portion of your response b/c its mostly irrelevant; we lost next to nothing, but we did gain. Dude used a few late round surplus picks to move up where we had no presence in the draft........In doing so not only was the overall surplus of draft picks kept in tact, we're better positioned than we were before the trade. How in the every loving hell can anyone spin that as a net negative? Should've known better around these parts.

Last edited:
b/c its mostly irrelevant; we lost next to nothing,
If those picks were "next to nothing", then so were the picks in this trade. So why give a darn about the opinion of a trade about nothing?

i really dont get it with some in here. we had 3 6ths…we gave up 1 and a throw away pick to move up a round. Whats the problem?

But we really didn't move up a round- we moved up 13 picks. Was it worth losing a pick to move up 13 spots that late in the draft? Maybe.

The weird part to me is that this happened now. This happens at the draft, a handful of picks before the trade goes down, or OTC? That makes a ton of sense, climbing up the board to get a guy you like. But right now... maybe the guy(s) they are targeting, but maybe not. I just don't get the urgency.

However, like I said earlier- it is a couple of late picks, so it really isn't worth losing too much energy over. I'm more curious than anything.

Back