Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Texans New Uniforms will debut at Draft.

Incorrect.

White cars are actually pulled over the most. Black cars get into the most crashes. The reason for this is simple… there are by far -more white cars than anything else out there. Black is the second most common color. Red is nowhere near that.
Numbers must have changed. When I was a Sheriff deputy Red was the most popular color getting pulled over for speeding.

It's ridiculous that the teaser uni change was announced 1 year ago..........and then all this mysterious buildup. Marketing hype still remains too much of the Texans organization. They create hype that they seldom themselves believe. Good teams don't need to rely heavily on gaining interest with gimicky techniques........they quietly build an assassin's roster.
The Cowboys and Jerry Jones, who for decades have been nothing but hype, approve this message.

It's ridiculous that the teaser uni change was announced 1 year ago..........and then all this mysterious buildup. Marketing hype still remains too much of the Texans organization.
Humans love shiny objects. We know this to be true throughout history.

"So you want this entire island for this box of beads? Hell to the yes!"

It's ridiculous that the teaser uni change was announced 1 year ago..........and then all this mysterious buildup. Marketing hype still remains too much of the Texans organization. They create hype that they seldom themselves believe. Good teams don't need to rely heavily on gaining interest with gimicky techniques........they quietly build an assassin's roster.
The Cowboys and Jerry Jones, who for decades have been nothing but hype, approve this message.
I dont see anything gimicky about getting a fresh new look for a fresh new start of a team now that there are competent people running the show. Brands rebrand all the time and this is no different. 2 decades of a good color scheme not developed with any creativity or appeal other than the logo...it was def time for a facelift and some change. There are plenty of fans who grew tired of the uniform combos and the fact that their best uniform was an alternate they could only wear once a year.
I think its a change that was needed and I for one am glad they finally did something about it. There is not one team today that has their original uniform from its inception. This is no different.

I dont see anything gimicky about getting a fresh new look for a fresh new start of a team now that there are competent people running the show. Brands rebrand all the time and this is no different. 2 decades of a good color scheme not developed with any creativity or appeal other than the logo...it was def time for a facelift and some change. There are plenty of fans who grew tired of the uniform combos and the fact that their best uniform was an alternate they could only wear once a year.
I think its a change that was needed and I for one am glad they finally did something about it. There is not one team today that has their original uniform from its inception. This is no different.
No argument re. a change of uni..............just the needless over-the-top hype that doesn't need to go with it.

Incorrect.

White cars are actually pulled over the most. Black cars get into the most crashes. The reason for this is simple… there are by far -more white cars than anything else out there. Black is the second most common color. Red is nowhere near that.
Correct. Red is supposedly the 2nd most color car pulled over, despite its diminutive numbers in production.

Highlights: The Most Important Most Popular Car Colors Statistics
  • Black is the most common car color globally, used almost 20% of the time.
  • White is the most popular car color in North America with almost 30% market share.
  • Silver cars are considered safer as they're less likely to be involved in an accident.
  • In Europe, the popularity of black cars has fallen to 15% in 2020.
  • 10% of consumers prefer blue cars.
  • In Japan, white vehicles make up almost 45% of the total car market.
  • Less than 5% of consumers prefer green cars.
  • Red vehicles account for just over 10% of the US market.
  • Gray cars make up around 10-15% of the cars on the road worldwide.
  • Metallic colors like silver and gold have dipped in popularity, currently at around 5%.
  • Brown and beige cars are chosen by less than 5% of consumers.
  • Orange and yellow are the least popular color choices, each accounting for less than 1% of total cars.
  • Black is the most popular luxury car color, chosen by almost 60% of luxury car owners.
  • White cars depreciate at a slower rate than other colors.
  • Nearly 80% of all cars sold in Russia in 2020 were black or white.
  • In China, white and silver cars make up almost 50% of the market.
  • Over the past decade, there's been a 20% drop in the popularity of multi-colored cars.
  • Nearly 25% of compact and subcompact cars are white.
  • Less than 1% of sports cars sold are pink.
  • Over 40% of electric and hybrid cars sold are black or white.

White cars get the most overall tickets
Studies have shown that the four colors of cars that get the most tickets are, in this order, white, red, gray and silver. White cars, for example, get 19% of all of the traffic tickets that are given out in a single year. Red cars only get 16% of the traffic tickets, gray cars get 10% and silver cars get 5%. This makes it appear that the drivers of white cars are actually in the greatest danger of being ticketed.

But there’s another component to consider. White vehicles are the most popular with buyers, so they make up a full 25% of the vehicles on the road. But they’re still only getting ticketed 19% of the time. By contrast, red cars make up just 14% of the vehicles on the road. Since they get 16% of the traffic tickets, they are actually receiving them at a disproportionate rate. They’re being given tickets at a higher rate than the total numbers would suggest. It could very well be that police officers are more likely to pull over red cars than they are any other color vehicle.

And this does not account for the impression that red, valid or not, is associated with a sporty car, aggressiveness and speed.

Incorrect.

While that is true from a pure numbers stand point red cars do get pulled over more in proportion to the number of them on the road. White cars make up about 25% of all cars and get pulled over 19% of traffic stops, red cars make up about 9% of all cars and get pulled over 16% of traffic stops. So car for car, red cars do get pulled over the most. Studies have shown that red is perceived by the eye as faster.

" The results showed a significant color effect for speed; runners depicted in red were perceived as running at higher speeds compared to blue. No significant color effects were found for the other sport-specific parameters."

Linking this just to show where this came from, its actually a very dry read so unless this is a topic that really interests a person I don't suggest reading it.

Edit: Saw @CloakNNNdagger post after I posted this. Ironically his link was the same that I was going to link as well then decided to double check some numbers and they came back as 9% of all cars.

All teams market and find a way to involve fans.

The build up of the uniforms while seen as unnecessary has generated enough buzz and conversation about the Texans to say it worked. Football is about sales - jerseys and tickets. The build up helps with that.

I will agree with you that winning games is the best way to fill the stadium. They have accomplished that and now are working in the other revenue streams.

It’s just the business side doing business stuff.

Caserio and Ryan’s are being successful on the football side.

Is this a football discussion board or a car buyers guide? :lol:
They're trying to correlate car colors to NFL colors. If red cars are pulled over at a disproportional rate, are teams wearing red more likely to be penalized. If your NFL sample is the KC Chiefs, the answer is yes. In 2023, the Chiefs had 23 more penalties and 241 more penalty yards than their opponents.

They're trying to correlate car colors to NFL colors. If red cars are pulled over at a disproportional rate, are teams wearing red more likely to be penalized. If your NFL sample is the KC Chiefs, the answer is yes. In 2023, the Chiefs had 23 more penalties and 241 more penalty yards than their opponents.

I have noticed Tyreek Hill doesn't seem as fast since he stopped wearing KC red. :kitten:

It may seem cheesy to some, but I actually like the horns on the shoulder pads. Imagine Demeco’s SWARM defense with seven tacklers at the ball and the ball carrier is surrounded by horns. Running of the bulls esque.

There are horns on the shoulder? I guess my eyes are going bad. Based on the sneak peeks, I'm not thrilled, nor do I hate it.

It's a slightly gimmicky, overdone uniform. But in the end, uniforms and helmets don't win games; players do. They can have someone throw up Technicolor food coloring all over a uniform and duplicate it, and I'd be okay if they actually win something for a change!

If those are supposed to horns on the shoulders........they look more like Nike logo! :toropalm:
I don't think they're supposed to be horns.

01hq7crhcyhr76zsvrnp.jpg

Has anyone else seen this new look uniform that was released on "X" show up on any other major sporting site? ESPN Football usually runs with this kind of leak, but not a word about it on their site from what I can see. I'm beginning to feel that this too is fake news.

Last edited:
NFL uniforms have turned into flashy USFL uniforms.
I don't think they're supposed to be horns.

01hq7crhcyhr76zsvrnp.jpg

Go look again. There is a curve and tip to the Texans “stripe” below the shoulder pad. They may not have said it out loud yet - but that is 100% a nod to the Toro. The Jets stripe is straight lines almost like a triangle. Compare that to the Texans image. Just an observation but it was the first thing I noticed on the leak.

It's a slightly gimmicky, overdone uniform. But in the end, uniforms and helmets don't win games; players do. They can have someone throw up Technicolor food coloring all over a uniform and duplicate it, and I'd be okay if they actually win something for a change!

Ultimately, sure. Winning is the only thing that matters. But that doesn't mean I have to like what they wear. I hated everything about the Astros brick red scheme in the 2000's but it didn't keep me from watching them with a passion. And whatever the Texans wear, I'll still be watching. I mean just don't be those stupid things the Roughnecks wear.

I don't mind the Texans changing things up but if it were up to me I'd prefer to be able to recognize the Texans immediately, like people do when they see the Steelers or Packers or Cowboys, etc. I don’t want the first thing I think of when I saw the “leaked” version to be “hey, that looks like so and so team”. I thought switching to the red helmets last year was great, and should have been permanent, because I thought the logo popped out on those better than they did on the blue helmet. Much easier to recognize them as being the Texans. And yes, I like the logo and don't think it should ever change.

In the end, they'll wear what they wear and that will be that. I'll take CC games and SBs over fashion all day, every day. But that doesn't mean I have to like what they wear. It also doesn't mean it's going to be at the forefront of what I think about the team. When it's 3rd and 3 at the 6, down by 4 with 48 seconds left in the AFC title game, I'm not going to be thinking about fashion. Hell, it could be 3rd and 3 at the 6, down by 4 with 48 seconds left in week 1 and I'm not going to be thinking about freaking uniforms.

Like I said though, if it were up to me it would be something that you immediately recognize as being the Texans. But that doesn’t mean being in some cartoonish arena league getup either. Have a clean, classic look with an identity.

Ultimately, sure. Winning is the only thing that matters. But that doesn't mean I have to like what they wear. I hated everything about the Astros brick red scheme in the 2000's but it didn't keep me from watching them with a passion. And whatever the Texans wear, I'll still be watching. I mean just don't be those stupid things the Roughnecks wear.

I don't mind the Texans changing things up but if it were up to me I'd prefer to be able to recognize the Texans immediately, like people do when they see the Steelers or Packers or Cowboys, etc. I don’t want the first thing I think of when I saw the “leaked” version to be “hey, that looks like so and so team”. I thought switching to the red helmets last year was great, and should have been permanent, because I thought the logo popped out on those better than they did on the blue helmet. Much easier to recognize them as being the Texans. And yes, I like the logo and don't think it should ever change.

In the end, they'll wear what they wear and that will be that. I'll take CC games and SBs over fashion all day, every day. But that doesn't mean I have to like what they wear. It also doesn't mean it's going to be at the forefront of what I think about the team. When it's 3rd and 3 at the 6, down by 4 with 48 seconds left in the AFC title game, I'm not going to be thinking about fashion. Hell, it could be 3rd and 3 at the 6, down by 4 with 48 seconds left in week 1 and I'm not going to be thinking about freaking uniforms.

Like I said though, if it were up to me it would be something that you immediately recognize as being the Texans. But that doesn’t mean being in some cartoonish arena league getup either. Have a clean, classic look with an identity.
Totally agree. And also think that the Candy Red helmets should be the primary helmet. Def distinct and eye catching.

Go look again. There is a curve and tip to the Texans “stripe” below the shoulder pad. They may not have said it out loud yet - but that is 100% a nod to the Toro. The Jets stripe is straight lines almost like a triangle. Compare that to the Texans image. Just an observation but it was the first thing I noticed on the leak.
You're right. That has to be a nod to Toro. No two ways about it.

It's got a curve.

ad5eda33-be2f-4413-9409-7b0b9102c2df_1920x1080.jpg

You're right. That has to be a nod to Toro. No two ways about it.

It's got a curve.

ad5eda33-be2f-4413-9409-7b0b9102c2df_1920x1080.jpg

Always loved those uniforms. The Bronco striping definitely has the same design but the placement is different. It could just be a design feature that made the Texans uniforms slightly more distinct. But I cannot unsee the Bull Horns and have a feeling when the “uniform description” is unveiled there will be a note about the stripes signifying the horns - for nothing more than marketing flavor.

Always loved those uniforms. The Bronco striping definitely has the same design but the placement is different. It could just be a design feature that made the Texans uniforms slightly more distinct. But I cannot unsee the Bull Horns and have a feeling when the “uniform description” is unveiled there will be a note about the stripes signifying the horns - for nothing more than marketing flavor.
Yeah, our current Nike uniforms seem very nondescript, the subtle nod to the bull horns is a nice touch, the colours look good, it isn’t too offensive, I was never a fan of the oversized collar colouring on the previous uniforms and always thought the old reebok ones were much nicer. These look like I really nice upgrade, I hope the other combos are similar.

If the Home, Away, and Battle Red are similarly tasteful, i could happily see a more ‘out there’ 4th kit, just don’t make them all gimmicky.

While that is true from a pure numbers stand point red cars do get pulled over more in proportion to the number of them on the road. White cars make up about 25% of all cars and get pulled over 19% of traffic stops, red cars make up about 9% of all cars and get pulled over 16% of traffic stops. So car for car, red cars do get pulled over the most. Studies have shown that red is perceived by the eye as faster.

" The results showed a significant color effect for speed; runners depicted in red were perceived as running at higher speeds compared to blue. No significant color effects were found for the other sport-specific parameters."

Linking this just to show where this came from, its actually a very dry read so unless this is a topic that really interests a person I don't suggest reading it.

Edit: Saw @CloakNNNdagger post after I posted this. Ironically his link was the same that I was going to link as well then decided to double check some numbers and they came back as 9% of all cars.
Red cars are a symptom not a cause. Red cars are purchased by younger and/or more immature members of society that want to be bold, flashy, boisterous and energetic. You gonna do that in a white Crown Vic?

The numbers on Stingley’s jersey are also “horny”.

Exactly. Just to piggy-back on your sentiments, in the end it doesn't matter what the uniforms look like just so long as the Texans are winning. With that said, the new uniforms (to me) are in line with the team history - bland. These uniforms would have been perfect for the O'Brien era. They're not befitting of a young and exciting team, with a new head coach and a competent GM willing to take chances.

Just my two cents.

I wonder if the stripe on the Jets uniform is supposed to be a wing?

What does that have to do with what I said?

Looks amateur. Arena football ****. Numbers look cartoony. City name on the front looks stupid and I hate when teams do that. They could be worse though so "thank God" I guess.

We had a good look. No reason whatsoever to change it. Especially since we're getting good.

Brand identity matters. Whatever.

Looks amateur. Arena football ****. Numbers look cartoony. City name on the front looks stupid and I hate when teams do that. They could be worse though so "thank God" I guess.

We had a good look. No reason whatsoever to change it. Especially since we're getting good.

Brand identity matters. Whatever.

This is just a reminder that we are getting old and the throw back uniforms will be our favorites.

Just like when you listen to the “classic” radio stations because you don’t like what the new stuff sounds like.

That would draw more red flags according to the red car experts.
nah, the refs will be mesmerized by the shiny sparkly helmets flying by that they wont actually pay attention to the play

and its a good thing they carry yellow flags if thats the case...b/c red flags wouldnt mean anything. LOL

Meh, either way, meh.

Could be better could be worse.

I almost wonder if the hype plan was centered around "H-Town Blue" but when courts stepped in, or fear of courts involvement they backed down and had to come up with "something new" and that "something new" was about as exciting as the Redskins name change of "Washington Football Team" before they became the filthy Commies.

As bland a name as there ever was in a Techmo Bowl game.

Of course it could be a case where the cart was before the horse again. They were all in on H Town but lacked a plan B but the hype train was already rollin.... all they could do is, keep rollin rollin rollin... hopin we wouldnt notice.

Back