Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Texans mini camp

We've had a very unusual cool front for mid June with dry northerly winds come thru so the humidity levels currently are down and the temp not that high,
so why would they keep the team indoors today which is what happened according to the report ?

They might be doing that since Hopkins and Fuller have been rehabbing injuries and I don't think they are full participants yet.

As bad as I think OB has been I can't see that being the primary or even a driving factor to have him exclusively at wr if that report from Lord is accurate.

Would make much more sense to have the guy playing and practicing at the position they intend on him playing and giving some of the bubble wr's those reps.

Sounds like they want him at the least playing more of a hybrid role vs being a more traditional TE.

As bad as I think OB has been I can't see that being the primary or even a driving factor to have him exclusively at wr if that report from Lord is accurate.

Would make much more sense to have the guy playing and practicing at the position they intend on him playing and giving some of the bubble wr's those reps.

Sounds like they want him at the least playing more of a hybrid role vs being a more traditional TE.[/QUOTE]

I kind of thought all along that's what he would be playing (hybrid role) since he was more like a smaller, faster, receiver type of TE than the traditional bigger, inline blocking type of TE (a "Y" TE). He's more of an H Back type like James Casey was. Maybe they want to get him more reps in the WR position now to see how he does and since it's only Mini Camp. If he's there a lot in TC then there might be something to it. JMO.

First crack at the #Texans 53 after their off-season work. https://t.co/ftF96numKj

— patrick (@PatDStat) June 13, 2019

Quarterback (2)
Deshaun Watson
A.J. McCarron

Running Back (5)
Lamar Miller
D’Onta Foreman
Cullen Gillaspia (Rookie)
Buddy Howell, Jr.
Josh Ferguson

Wide Receiver (6)
Deandre Hopkins
Will Fuller
Keke Coutee
DeAndre Carter
Tyron Johnson (Rookie)
Joe Webb III

Tight End (3)
Jordan Thomas
Jordan Akins
Kahale Warring (Rookie)

Offensive Line (9)
Julién Davenport
Seantrel Henderson
Max Scharping (Rookie)
Senio Kelemete
Zach Fulton
Nick Martin
Greg Mancz
Martinas Rankin
Tytus Howard (Rookie)

Defensive Line (6)
J.J. Watt
D.J. Reader
Angelo Blackson
Brandon Dunn
Charles Omenihu (Rookie)
Carlos Watkins

Outside Linebacker (4)
Jadeveon Clowney (Franchise Tag)
Whitney Mercilus
Brennan Scarlett
Chris Landrum

Inside Linebacker (5)
Benardrick McKinney
Zach Cunningham
Dylan Cole
Peter Kalambayi
Drew Lewis (Rookie)

Cornerback (6)
Johnathan Joseph
Bradley Roby
Lonnie Johnson Jr. (Rookie)
Aaron Colvin
Johnson Bademosi
Briean Boddy-Calhoun

Safety (4)
Justin Reid
Tashaun Gipson
Jahleel Addae
A.J. Moore

I made this same statement much earlier but I still think the Texans will run with Thomas, Warring and Fells. Aikens will get primed to be a hybrid TE/WR but if he can lower his weight into the 230-235 range, he could be a nice addition to the receiving group.

First crack at the #Texans 53 after their off-season work. https://t.co/ftF96numKj

— patrick (@PatDStat) June 13, 2019
So none of the young CBs (Kelly, Crawford, Baity) can beat out crappy Colvin?

The O-line can't be that much improved if Kelemete makes this team again.

No ******* Joe Webb.

Buddy Howell has zero chance of making this team.

Kalil's out? Maybe a signing against O'Brien's wishes.

Hate to see Vyncint Smith cut. A lot of talent there.

The O-line can't be that much improved if Kelemete makes this team again.

Only problem I had with Kelemente was his availability. Martin was the biggest weak spot on the interior. My opinion was all the bad flowed from there. Replace Martin fix a lot of problems.

Only problem I had with Kelemente was his availability. Martin was the biggest weak spot on the interior. My opinion was all the bad flowed from there. Replace Martin fix a lot of problems.
How much of that was Martin and how much was it due to what was on either side of him? On bad link in the offensive line can make everyone look back. Not saying Martin is not the or a weak link. Just wondering how much improved play to his left and right will positively affect his play?

How much of that was Martin and how much was it due to what was on either side of him? On bad link in the offensive line can make everyone look back. Not saying Martin is not the or a weak link. Just wondering how much improved play to his left and right will positively affect his play?

No doubt about it. Put better players around him, his play will improve.

My opinion, as stated above, he's the weakest link.

Just can't get excited about the season reading these negative posts. Denver Bronco forum has them winning the Super Bowl for the next ten years.

Oh, well. Frees up my tv time.

Back