Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

Texans color splash question...

Mangler

Toro de España
First off, I just want to know if anyone has any inside info on us getting that Columbia Blue (Oilers) for that Thursday Night Game? I know there was a "leaked" picture saying we'd be in on the Color Splash uniforms, but I'm guessing it was a fake.

If we are going to be part of it, and just go with our regular uniforms as our own version of splash, what color will we use? I personally like the all Deep Steel Blue (jerseys, pants, and socks) while I know others prefer the all red, which I find tacky, as our helmets are Deep Steel Blue. Anyway, it'd be nice if we got to join in!

What is your opinion?

Grew up an Oilers fan. Earl Campbell turned me into a football fan for life. Rooted for the Oilers all the way through the Chiefs playoff game.

But I never liked that blue.

Grew up an Oilers fan. Earl Campbell turned me into a football fan for life. Rooted for the Oilers all the way through the Chiefs playoff game.

But I never liked that blue.

I have a few friends that don't like it as well. I gotta admit I used to love it, but I may be bias as I and my family as a whole were die hard Houston Oilers fans. I loved that Oiler-Texan concept uniform with the Columbia blue-White helmet, though. Looks pretty cool! (Although I know it will never happen)

Last edited:
I'm not even sure the Texans legally can even if they wanted. That alludes to a team that still exists and has all rights to its history.

And I also never liked the color scheme.

I'm not even sure the Texans legally can even if they wanted. That alludes to a team that still exists and has all rights to its history.

True, that's exactly why those colors would not even be considered. So, which colors do you think we're most likely to go with as our own "Color Splash" if we were to even attempt to join? All Battle Red (gross) all Deep Steel Blue, Liberty White Out?

I very much dislike the idea of the Texans wearing Columbia Blue for any reason, but wouldn't they be allowed to with the permission of the team that owns those rights? And if so, with Bud gone, how far-fetched would it be for the NFL to "encourage" Titan ownership to give that permission?

Here's the leaked photo that started this whole idea, and a link to an article that discusses it as it specifically relates to the Texans (nothing official of course, and it's certainly not out of the question that the photo isn't real/official)
5714b9f286a8e_colorrush.jpg.cf864bbe6f3ff1f1b968bb515d769158.jpg

http://profootballspot.com/nfl/news...orms-leaked-texans-to-wear-oilers-blue-r1531/

You can always ask. No idea about the attitude of current ownership.

I must be blind - where are the Titans on that pic?

Looks to me that someone goofed and put the Texans in place of the titans. Inexcusable!!! :gun: :kubepalm: That columbia blue is the color rush that the tacs used last season against the mustard yellow jags. So the Texans and Redskins should have been left off.

The teams are listed alphabetically and they only have three columns of ten. That's why Tennessee and Washington aren't on there. They are the last two in alphabetical order. Now, why they went with 3x10 I have no clue.

I've thought about it and if they use some sort of lighter blue as a vague nod to our NFL past I have no problem with it. We won't be wearing an Oiler's uniform and we won't be sporting their logo or stripes. It probably won't even be Columbia Blue. On a card with only 30 teams what makes any of us believe that they got all the shades of blue right?

Most likely we would be wearing the all-Deep Steel Blue uniforms for this but since our blue is almost black that's not exactly a "color splash" so they probably chose the lighter blue as a compromise.

I thought the color rush was for like a three or four week period during the season. Not for every Thursday night.

Back