Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Texans and the post season.

Norg

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Texans will prob let the titans into the playoffs just so they can scheme up a plan for titans to beat KC and then go rough up balty ...while we play New England LOL

then the AFC championship will be good ol Texans vs titans

Lucky

Ride, Captain, Ride!
Staff member
The Bills are going to be a tough out. They play very physical and I’m not so sure the Texans can match that.
I don't want to knock the Bills (said just before I start knocking the Bills), but they had the weakest schedule in the league. Softer than Charmin. More like Ultra Charmin. With aloe.

The Bills played 5 games against teams drafting in the top 5 (2 vs Fins, none vs Lions). Yes they beat those teams, as they should. I'm talking to you Texans, losing to the Panthers and Broncos at home. But let's not pretend they are some juggernaut about to explode upon the playoffs. Their signature win was against the Duck Hodges led Steelers. And they managed to be 23rd in scoring despite that sorry schedule.

Andrew Luck and TY Hilton will not be walking through the NRG tunnel a week from Saturday.
Texans will prob let the titans into the playoffs just so they can scheme up a plan for titans to beat KC and then go rough up balty ...while we play New England LOL

then the AFC championship will be good ol Texans vs titans
Crazy like...crazy.

Double Barrel

Texans Talk Admin
Staff member
Contributor's Club
Classic battle between the head and the heart. :thinking:

Head is logic and reason, without emotion or wishful thinking. From this perspective, the Texans are so inconsistent from game to game - heck, even during games - that it's difficult to expect high achievers out of this head coach and players. Yeah, they've got that "potential", but I've seen this movie almost three decades ago. Talent on paper is worthless. It's how that talent performs together, how they react under pressure, how they respond to adversity. . .these are the things that ultimately matter. And let's face it, O'Brien has a 0.25 winning percentage in the postseason. He does not get his teams ready to face the elite competition in elimination games. He gets outcoached and continues to make bonehead decisions about basic clock management. Those types of mistakes are game changers in the playoffs. The season trend is to come out of the tunnel flat and without any sort of fire. We saw how that can snowball with Denver.

From the heart's perspective. . ."any given Sunday", man! We've got #4 out there, and he's capable of anything. They could go on an Eli Manning run. The balls could bounce their way. The competition could shoot themselves in the foot. The Texans are in the playoffs so anything could happen! *shakes pom poms vigorously*

In the end, for me, it's high hopes and low expectations.

TexanBorn51

Veteran
I'm from the area - St Joseph which is 50 clicks up I-29 north of KC. KC is a really good town, I've had lots of good times there.
Chiefs fans are among the most passionate and loyal in the entire NFL. Those people live for the Chiefs.
Yep I can see that here in the area. Very friendly with me and I'm wearingTexans. Today we went to Weston we been to St Joseph last time. We were here several years ago.

Corrosion

Idealist
Staff member
I don't want to knock the Bills (said just before I start knocking the Bills), but they had the weakest schedule in the league. Softer than Charmin. More like Ultra Charmin. With aloe.

The Bills played 5 games against teams drafting in the top 5 (2 vs Fins, none vs Lions). Yes they beat those teams, as they should. I'm talking to you Texans, losing to the Panthers and Broncos at home. But let's not pretend they are some juggernaut about to explode upon the playoffs. Their signature win was against the Duck Hodges led Steelers. And they managed to be 23rd in scoring despite that sorry schedule.

Andrew Luck and TY Hilton will not be walking through the NRG tunnel a week from Saturday.

Crazy like...crazy.
The Texans Bills matchup could look a lot like that loss to the Panthers …. they never let the Texans get anything going offensively , they had something like 264 yards of total offense were 4/11 on 3rd down conversions Watson had a QBR of 16ish , 128 passing yards and was sacked 6 times.

They don't need TY Hilton and Andrew Luck to show up if the Bills defense holds the Texans to their season averages of 16ppg and 195 passing yards per.

OB , Watson and the offense better be ready to go from the kickoff …. or they likely get punched in the mouth early and it seems they don't recover well from that.

This could be an ugly game …. and I think that favors the Bills.

austins23

Hall of Fame

Crazy like...crazy.
While I agree to a certain extent, remember the Bills almost put it on the Texans the last time they played, with the back up QB. And they are a better team now.
I just think they are gonna be a tough out, that’s all

Last edited:

Speedy

Former Yeller Dweller

Crazy like...crazy.
The Bills were withing 1 score of the Patriots twice, and the Ravens. That Ravens game was after the Ravens had blown out NE, us and the Rams. They held the high powered Ravens to their lowest yardage total of the season, both total yards and rushing yards. Granted, they lost all those games, but any time you're in a 1 score game, just a play or 2 could be the difference.

They beat the Broncos, who crushed us, by 17.

Sure, they've pretty much had a weak go of it but they've had just 1 real meltdown the whole season...their 31-13 loss to Philly. Their D is top 5, their pass D is top 3. They've got a front in Lawson, Hughes and Oliver that will give this average Texans o-line fits.

Not saying it will happen, but I see much more potential of their D shutting down our offense than I do our D shutting down theirs. It doesn't take Andrew Luck and TY Hilton to ruin this team. We can make Drew Lock look like Joe Montana.

JB

Innocent Bystander
Contributor's Club
The Bills were withing 1 score of the Patriots twice, and the Ravens. That Ravens game was after the Ravens had blown out NE, us and the Rams. They held the high powered Ravens to their lowest yardage total of the season, both total yards and rushing yards. Granted, they lost all those games, but any time you're in a 1 score game, just a play or 2 could be the difference.
They also won 1 score games against the Jets, Bengals and Steelers. Beat the Dolphins by 10, lost to the Browns by 3, lost to the Eagles (when they were playing like crap) by 18. Any given Sunday

Uncle Rico

Ur apology should be as loud as Ur disrespect was
Strength of Schedule rankings: HOUSTON HAD THE 5TH HARDEST SCHEDULE IN THE NFL THIS YEAR!!

Oakland - 22
Tennessee - 23
Pittsburgh - 24
Buffalo - 26

Only first round matchup I would hate would be Tennessee for the 3rd time. That's just a roll of the dice.

Speedy

Former Yeller Dweller
Dismissing any 10-5 teams because of their schedule is foolish... even if you also have a 10-5 record
If there's any dismissing of the Texans, which I don't believe I was doing by simply pointing out the Bills might be a tougher challenge than people think, it's because I watch all their games and have a much fuller picture of their strengths, weaknesses, tendencies and all that jazz. I'm sure if I watched every single Bills game, I could do the same with them.

Look, not trying to get into a knockdown, drag out, like everyone seems to like to do around here, about the ******* Buffalo Bills. Just giving an opinion that I don't think it will be all that better playing them as opposed to any of the possibilities we might have.

powda

The bridge between stupid and useless is short.
If there's any dismissing of the Texans, which I don't believe I was doing by simply pointing out the Bills might be a tougher challenge than people think, it's because I watch all their games and have a much fuller picture of their strengths, weaknesses, tendencies and all that jazz. I'm sure if I watched every single Bills game, I could do the same with them.

Look, not trying to get into a knockdown, drag out, like everyone seems to like to do around here, about the ******* Buffalo Bills. Just giving an opinion that I don't think it will be all that better playing them as opposed to any of the possibilities we might have.
Just an exchange of opinions. No reason to fight.

JB

Innocent Bystander
Contributor's Club

No, I don't think you were dismissing the Texans or pumping the Bills, though I do think some have. I'm not looking that far ahead yet

Texansballer74

The Marine
The Texans played a very weak schedule last season. Got into the playoffs and got embarrassed on all stages.

I’m not saying the Bills will get embarrassed like we did last season. Their defense is very stout and they have a pretty good offense.

Plus we don’t know what Texans team will show up. If the Bill punches us in the mouth first. We might be in for another embarrassing playoffs loss.

thunderkyss

Just win baby!!!
Staff member
Contributor's Club
Just giving an opinion that I don't think it will be all that better playing them as opposed to any of the possibilities we might have.
I hear you. I personally don't care who we play WCW. We should win. I know BO'bs history says different. But I don't see a big enough difference to warrant concern anyway, so whatever.

Round 2... for the most part I just wanted to avoid Baltimore. Thinking that's the easier path to the AFCCG. Then I got to thinking, beating NE twice in the same season, in Foxboro just don't happen. & if it does it ain't going to be by Bill OfreknBrien...

So... it doesn't matter. I'm just going to stock up on rum & nutter butters & watch this crash & burn. & I'll start rooting for BO'b next season.

DocBar

Hall of Fame
Contributor's Club
The problem in the playoffs under Obrien has been that the Texans are punched in the face early in the game and they don’t know how to respond.
They respond like most people do: they see stars and their eyes start watering. They would be better advised to do the punching rather than being punched.
personally, I’d like to see a razzle dazzle play right out of the gate. A flea flicker or a reverse could catch the tits being over aggressive early and force them to respect that for the rest of the game.

DocBar

Hall of Fame
Contributor's Club
This boils down to the offense doing something that they have done only four times all year - Have a good offensive day beginning to end.

NO , KC , Atlanta and NE ….

I really don't know what to expect from this team week to week ….

If they play like they did against the Buc's …. it looked like Tampa was trying to lose and the Texans were doing all they could not to let them …. They may as well stay home and save us the expense of tickets.

They have too much talent on the offensive side of the ball that the expectations should be higher.
The defense has done enough to win just about every game they have played - maybe Denver and New Orleans being the exceptions.

Watson and OB need to get on the same page and come up with an effective gameplan.
Winston willed the Bucs to a loss in that game. I was absolutely infuriated every time I heard “Watson turns and hands off to Hyde up the middle” during that game. That’s a prime example of OB as a play caller. “One of the top run defenses? Pffft!!! We will trick them by running straight at their strengths!!!!”
And that’s one major reason OB is offensive as an “offensive” mind. Freaking joke.

thunderkyss

Just win baby!!!
Staff member
Contributor's Club
They respond like most people do: they see stars and their eyes start watering. They would be better advised to do the punching rather than being punched.
personally, I’d like to see a razzle dazzle play right out of the gate. A flea flicker or a reverse could catch the tits being over aggressive early and force them to respect that for the rest of the game.
Seems a bit risky... Not prudent for the first play of a play off game. I think we should run straight up the middle so we can see how they're going to play us.

OptimisticTexan

2024 / Rebuilding Block 4 After Playoffs / Texans
Seems a bit risky... Not prudent for the first play of a play off game. I think we should run straight up the middle so we can see how they're going to play us.
Anything but a run up the middle on first down just might leave opposing DC's scrambling for answers. You just might see them throw "ALL 3 INDEX CARDS" in the air!!!! Index Cards: 1st DOWN- Stop the run / 2nd DOWN- Prepare for run or screen / 3rd DOWN- 2 ON and 1 Over the top of Hopkins.

OptimisticTexan

2024 / Rebuilding Block 4 After Playoffs / Texans
O’Brien’s playoff track record is pathetic. I expect us to be thoroughly out coached, especially on offense!
I agree but hold out hope that OB will find a way to be less predictable while mashing the go pedal for his offense.

Mr teX

Hall of Fame
Tennessee. I want no part of Baltimore
That game looks really bad on paper as DW4 played perhaps the worst game of his career, the o-line gave up 7 sacks & we were down our #1 & 2 cbs. Howard played, but he shouldn't have been playing. Fuller.....of course was also out. IOW's, they couldn't have played any worse than they did in that game...................... & yet, it was still only a 14 pt deficit at halftime. So in my mind, if we wind up seeing them again this year, If we get even marginally better play from the Texans, that game goes much differently 2nd time around. Not saying we'd win, i just don't think they're that much better than us.

Bugman7star

All Pro
I agree but hold out hope that OB will find a way to be less predictable while mashing the go pedal for his offense.
Now is the time to start pulling out all of the stops. I am hoping that OB was secretly trying to be conservative and will unleash a gameplan we haven't seen. Not likely, but one can hope. Aside from our TEs, RBs, and lower depth chart receivers needing to contribute I have a feeling special teams is going to play a major factor this Saturday. Field position and points off of turnovers will be crucial.