Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Texans 2008 NFL Draft

GuerillaBlack

Hall of Fame
Draft-Day-Banner2.jpg

http://www.houstontexans.com/news/2008TexansDraftCentral.html

I'll get the draft day thread going.

I'm really hoping Jonathan Stewart is there at number 18. There has been some rumors that the Cardinals may pick him up. I hope not. He has good speed and is somewhat of a power back.

I hope Mendenhall is there although with the addition of Chris Brown in the offseason along with already having Chris Taylor, Darius Walker and Ahman Green may make the Texans go in a different direction.

Whoever they pick I'll support!! :fans:

I would like to be the first to wish our new Texans a big welcome.

I was the first Texans Fan to welcome Mario Williams to be a Texans. I was at the draft in NYC and the Texans brought Mario over and introduced him to me and he autographed my Draft Ticket. This happened like 15 minutes after he was officially drafted. WOW, what a honor that was.:fans:

Please keep this thread bubbling away with all the speculation and reaction you all can muster, I am going to have to relive the draft excitement through this thread so talk it up.

I really want defense at #18, hopefully front 7. Best result in my mind would be Rivers falling to us by some miracle. :d:

Yes I am prepared for an LT or RB in the first, but call me an eternal optimist

I predict an LT or the best defensive player avaliable. Or a trade down, I'm not ruling that out.

All hail our new lord and savior [Chris Williams/Aqib Talib/Jonathan Stewart/Jerod Mayo/etc/etc].

:jam:

I say we draft either Mendenhall or Stewart. Let Ahman, Taylor, Walker, Brown, and Mendenhall/Stewart battle it out for first, second, third, and fourth string. Whoever is the oddman out, gets traded or cut. I'm thinking that may be Walker or Taylor. Ahman's injury problems have me wanting him gone though.

Well the biggest hole is at Cb... Mike Jenkin's covers us even with a worse case scenario with Robinson. Six OT's before the 17 ?...Now that's a draft class.

Had Mendenhall's Mom on tonight....I think they are a fine family and if he is the pick...outide in instead of inide out, I'm on board. I think in the end we'll pay the price for doing it that way though. But we need a Dominic Davis-Williams pick every five or six years or so, so that we all can figure that out.

Oh the possibilities. If we go Defense which I believe we will, I have a short list I would like to see.
LB

Keith Rivers or Jerrod Mayo

DL

Merling or Campbell

DB

Jenkins, Flowers, or DRC

if it is Offense I would have to go OL with Albert or C. Williams. On a trade down it would depend on the position of the pick.

I don't follow college football but this is who I think will be a Texan before the day is over.

Jerod Mayo, LB Tennessee

Oh the possibilities. If we go Defense which I believe we will, I have a short list I would like to see.
LB

Jerrod Mayo or Keith Rivers

DL

Merling or Harvey

DB

Jenkins, Flowers, or DRC

if it is Offense I would have to go OL with Albert or a trade down it would depend on the position of the pick.

There, I fixed it for you. We are really close on who we want.

Yo, Kiwi, did you figure out a way to watch the draft yet? Last I saw you were kind of stuck.

I predict we pick Mendenhall.

That would be awesome seeing that LZ thinks he will be there at 18. I would be ecstatic.

For those that want to draft Mayo......

Would we be able to move him to the outside? Because I would like Demeco to stay in the middle. Don't get me wrong I think Mayo is a great prospect, I'm just thinking.....

That would be awesome seeing that LZ thinks he will be there at 18. I would be ecstatic.

For those that want to draft Mayo......

Would we be able to move him to the outside? Because I would like Demeco to stay in the middle. Don't get me wrong I think Mayo is a great prospect, I'm just thinking.....

Mayo was an OLB until this last year. He can play all 3 LB positions, much the same as DeMeco, and they are both from the SEC.

Mayo was an OLB until this last year. He can play all 3 LB positions, much the same as DeMeco, and they are both from the SEC.

Cool. I would like to draft him also.

Mendenhall
Stewart
Mayo
Rivers
Williams
DRC
Talib
Albert
Harvey

That's my wish list. I will support any player that the Texans brass decides to draft. I have faith in this regime.

I don't follow college football but this is who I think will be a Texan before the day is over.

Jerod Mayo, LB Tennessee

Well pretty good guess. If all of the tackle prospects who fit the scheme are off the board.... I stuck him in among my 20. He dove tails in to running monster safties. FWIIW, CC dubbed him the best LB on the board yesterday, bar none.

I want to see chris taylor do well, he was on my team when i played for a team called the cordova eagles way back when i was in the 5th grade.I was terrible, but he was amazing.(11-0)

Back