Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Texans 1.3 Pick Derek Stingley Jr.

Thorn

Dirty Old Man
At the 1.3 pick, Stingley is still a bust.....until he isn't. Will that be this year? Ever? Stay tuned.

SnakeEyes

Under NRG
Been hearing and seeing (2 or 3 photos) that while recovering from his injury, Stingley has put on around 10-15lbs of muscle. And has not lost any speed or agility. Trying to find a good before (last year at this time) and after (this year). Sadly, so far typical searches are pulling up last season only now. The picture I saw of this year, you are clearly able to see he looks bigger in the arms and legs. Hard to tell anything past that with jerseys and stuff on. Anyone else hear or have comparison pictures please post them.

Texansballer74

The Marine
Been hearing and seeing (2 or 3 photos) that while recovering from his injury, Stingley has put on around 10-15lbs of muscle. And has not lost any speed or agility. Trying to find a good before (last year at this time) and after (this year). Sadly, so far typical searches are pulling up last season only now. The picture I saw of this year, you are clearly able to see he looks bigger in the arms and legs. Hard to tell anything past that with jerseys and stuff on. Anyone else hear or have comparison pictures please post them.
Two post ahead of yours. Posted it on yesterday

Speedy

Former Yeller Dweller
Houston needs Stingley to be an NFL ALL PRO CB. That's why he was the #3 pick. Hopefully he will remain healthy and we a GREAT corner in 23'.
While all of that is true, it doesn't change the fact that he hasn't had a fully healthy season since 2019. I don't think that's a gamble you take with the 3rd overall pick. Sure, it all goes away IF he's healthy and becomes an All Pro, or even Pro Bowl, but right on cue he's already missed 8 games of his rookie season. Of the last 40 games teams he's been on have played (LSU & Texans) he's missed 21 of those games. You've got to be great at staying on the field before you can be great at anything else.

Buckeye Homer

Rookie
Contributor's Club
While all of that is true, it doesn't change the fact that he hasn't had a fully healthy season since 2019. I don't think that's a gamble you take with the 3rd overall pick. Sure, it all goes away IF he's healthy and becomes an All Pro, or even Pro Bowl, but right on cue he's already missed 8 games of his rookie season. Of the last 40 games teams he's been on have played (LSU & Texans) he's missed 21 of those games. You've got to be great at staying on the field before you can be great at anything else.
Agreed. Let's hope Derek can remain healthy and be a really good CB.

Lucky

Ride, Captain, Ride!
Staff member
Stingley makes Bucky Brooks All Breakout Team.

CB
Derek Stingley Jr.
Houston Texans · Age 21
Lost in the Texans' disappointing 2022 season: The impressive flashes delivered by the No. 3 overall pick. Yes, Sauce Gardner -- the cornerback who came off the board at No. 4 overall -- received Defensive Rookie of the Year honors, and rightfully so. Gardner was immediately one of the best corners in the NFL, while Stingley suffered the typical ebbs and flows of a rookie campaign, ultimately missing the final eight weeks of the season with a lingering hamstring injury. But in his nine-game debut, the silky smooth corner displayed the athleticism, agility and instincts to blanket receivers in man or zone coverage. With new head coach DeMeco Ryans installing a versatile scheme that enables corners to dig a little deeper into the toolbox, Stingley has a chance to show off his skills as a lockdown cover man with a polished game.

SnakeEyes

Under NRG
Heard a report that Stingley bulked up from 190 to around 205 to 210 with no loss of speed or movement. That will help him put some good hits on some stronger WRs. Have yet to hear 100% what he weighs. But just looking at pictures he is no question thicker in his lower body for certain.

TexansBull

Hall of Fame
Heard a report that Stingley bulked up from 190 to around 205 to 210 with no loss of speed or movement. That will help him put some good hits on some stronger WRs. Have yet to hear 100% what he weighs. But just looking at pictures he is no question thicker in his lower body for certain.
I wonder if that would add more weight to that lisfranc foot or alleviate any pressure on the foot.

One would think more body weight would be more weight in the foot but would the added muscle in other areas help compensate?

SnakeEyes

Under NRG
I wonder if that would add more weight to that lisfranc foot or alleviate any pressure on the foot.

One would think more body weight would be more weight in the foot but would the added muscle in other areas help compensate?
From what I understand you are somewhat right. Added weight is going to put more stress on the foot. Now, CnD would know much more than me. But I think if not 100% healed it could be an issue to reinjury. I think it should be ok, you know that the medical team would have to clear him. And I am sure that he has been doing multiple tests to insure he is good to go.

SnakeEyes

Under NRG
September 29th will be two years since surgery, if not 100% healed, then ..
He should be 100% and he had to clear medical already. My concern is will an additional 20lbs landing on the foot cause any issues. From what I know of the injury, I would feel it could. More weight on same structure type thing. Hopefully, it won't be an issue. But I think it has already been said that a Lisfranc injury can no question cause issues later as well.